Marvel Villain Draft Voting Thread

Posted by capocastillo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Marvel Villain Draft Voting Thread
October 30, 2007 09:49AM
Alright, I'll go ahead and begin casting my votes. i made a new thread as the pimp thread was already long and unwieldy.

In 3rd place i have Taarna's unnamed team. Scoring is as follows:

Power - 5
Versatility - 4
Goals - 2
Chemistry - 3
Total - 14

Having Dr. Doom as your leader gives your team a great deal of fiat in getting things done. However, this is Dr. Doom and he has a lot of high expectations. I was very into this group until about the last 3 or 4 picks. The Spider-Man rogue's gallery alumni are the achiles' heel of this team. They're just a little too dumb and when one makes a mistake, Doom would probably vaporize them with a gauntlet blast to make an example to the others. Remember Doom wasn't the first one the villains wanted as the leader in Secret Wars, it was Doc Ock, it wasn't until Doom showed up with a fully subserviant Ultron did he assume the mantle.

The goal i think is also a bit childish for Doom. I mean heists? Are you serious? Dr. Doom robbing a bank is like Hanibal Lechter robbing a 7-11. Latveria is also pretty much scorned by the world community by sheer fact of who their ruler is. Since alot of this goal involves getting neighboring countries to cooperate with doom, i don't see this happening. More likely, Doom would have to resort to all out conquest. Finally, since Doom has an unnamed 'hidden agenda' i can't really score what that is, but it probably involves getting some sort of god-like power which invariably, Doom always fails.

Coming in at second place...

Nightmask's Techlords

Power - 5
Versatility - 4
Goals - 3
Chemistry - 3
Total - 15

By and large i think this team was contstructed in the right way, by complimenting each other's strengths. The Mad Thinker though has never struck me as a great leader though, which is probably why he uses robot minions all the time. I think the biggest drawback here is Maximus. he isn't the type to play second fiddle for any real length of time, but besides all that, he really is crazy. I see his imballance causing dissention in the ranks, especially with the likes of chars like Alkhema.

The goal here is just as Nightmask described. Ambitious. The first inevitable conflict will come at the hands of the Inhumans. And that's really no joke. And we're not just talking the royal family, we're talking the entire inhuman army getting mobilized to tackle this threat. Black Bolt wouldn't hold back with players like the Super Adaptoid around. But if they accomplish that feat, then they need to try and usurp the Watcher's goodies. He sent Wolverine into the age of Dinosaurs for calling him names, he'd probably teleport the whole lot onto a planet Galactus was about to consume for the trouble they caused.

And in first place...

Punstaar's New Aliance of Evil.

Power - 4
Versatility - 3
Goals - 4
Chemistry - 5
Total - 16

While not on par with the sheer magnitude of might other teams possess, Sinister has always known how to accentuate the positives of anyone he has working under him. Many of his minions I think will work for Sinister without much lip, especially Mystique and and Dark Beast. Margan Le Fay can be treacherous, but it's either cast spells for Sinister from the astral plane, or be stuck there forever. not a bad trade off. There's only one member Sinister might need to psychicly coerce, but 1 member is better than 3 or 4.

The goals of the team are something they can actually accomplish. Of course it wouldn't be unopposed, but that's why Sinister's interest in it makes him so dangerous. ignoring the fact they might face the Brotherhood [which would go badly for Sinister] Sinister has shown how exceptionally adept he is at making the X-Men's lives hell. All things considered equal, Sinister's plans aren't something you just want to let happen without trying to throw a monkey wrench in.

Honorable mentions

Dracula's Brood

Dracula's a powerful vampire. But he's still a vampire with all too many weaknesses to exploit. Most notably, the fact he can only opperate during the evening. Especially with backstabbers like Selene and Moonstone on his lineup, he'll wake up with a stake in the heart before he even gets past square 1. But even assuming the group can work together for even a little bit, i see no way this group pulls off snuffing the sun.

Power - 3
Versatility - 3
Goals - 1
Chemistry - 2

Galctus 1's unnamed team

Too many chiefs, not enough indians. Ultron, Mandarin, and Blastaar working together for an extended period of time without a betrayal is about as likely as a screen door on a submarine. Plus there's too many humans. ultron wants to destroy all human life, which i think is what happens right after he pulls off the conquest part. I think this would have worked much better if Galactus went on Nightmask's tack and recruited more robotic type minions.

Also ZZZax is a freakin uncontrolable monster.

Power - 5
Versatility - 4
Goals - 2
Chemistry - 1

My Evaluations
October 30, 2007 12:19PM
Taarna's Team

Power-5 Versatility-3 Goals-2 Chemistry- 2 Total: 12

While the team certainly has power and flexibility I have to agree with Capocastillo that that the goals are weak/vague and just having Doom and Graviton on the same team pretty badly screws team chemistry since Graviton thinks of himself as a God and Doom, if he doesn't he certainly sees himself at least equal to any god and would spend too much time fighting between those two to achieve much without one or both ending up dead.

Capocastillo

Power-5 Versatility-4 Goals-3 Chemistry-3 Total: 15

Good for all around power, versatility, and goals, weakest when it comes to chemistry as there are several strong personalities with a thing for running things and might undercut the others in an effort to take over and drain some of the energies in general of the group into keeping everyone cooperating that could have been put towards the group's goals.

Punstarr

Power-4 Versatility-4 Goals-4 Chemistry-3 Total: 15

Looks to have a broad band of possible powers, talents, and abilities for dealing with nearly any situation and the goal is one that even if it doesn't help the entire group the rewards offered keeps everyone working towards the end result. Chemistry is a bit weak/average simply for how many of the group haven't worked together and a general tendency to try and get away with personal goals that might conflict with the group of some members (particularly Dark Beast).

Galactus 1

Power-4 Versatility-3 Goals-3 Chemistry-2 Total: 12

The group seems somewhat limited and the goals a bit weak, and the Chemistry I just don't see it, especially with Ultron, Blastarr, and the Mandarin all on the same team, and conflicting personal goals.

Harker

Power-3 Versatility-4 Goals-2 Chemistry-2 Total: 11

While the team has versatility to it and some power the goal would be one that much of the group just wouldn't go along with or would be reluctant help at best, even mind-controlled unless they were all turned into undead by Dracula, and then they'd all share his considerable and well-known vampiric weaknesses. Getting them to all work together well under the circumstances I just don't see it happening.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Re: My Evaluations
October 30, 2007 02:22PM
I failed to mention Doom's true goal and team name. The team name is " The block " , and the teams main goals were form small countries, then take out the major super hero groups.

By creating small kingdoms as allies the world be forced to bow a bit economically and politically to Doom's will. Just imagine what if Doom controlled a piece of the world economy / trade and created 4 other rouge nations to keep the bull eye off his back. The new countries will also have no extradition laws, provided the villain works for, ahem the lords of the lands. The true worth of a villain is how difficult he is to defeat. That is the goal for Doom and the team members.

Capocastillo's team: Magneto; Spiral; Malice; Sebastian Shaw; Vulcan; Exodus; Danger;

Power-4, Versatility-3, Goals-4, Chemistry-4, Total = 15

Punstarr's team: Mr. Sinister; Speed Demon; Morgan Le Fay; Ravage; Mystique; Dark Beast; Darkling

Power-3, Versatility-4, Goals-3, Chemistry-3, Total = 13

Galactus 1: Ultron; Absorbing Man; Mandarin; Abomination; ZZZack; Radioactive Man; Blastarr;

Power-5, Versatility-4, Goals-3 Chemistry-2 , Total = : 14

Harker: Taskmaster; Selene; Dracula; Grey Gargoyle; Wendigo; Moonstone; Crimson Cowl;

Power-3 Versatility-3 Goals-3 Chemistry-3 Total: 12

Nightmask: Mad Thinker; Super-Adaptoid; Sentinel Mark VII; Alkhema; Maximus the Mad; Stonecutter; Quicksand;

Power-4 Versatility-3 Goals-3 Chemistry-4 Total:= 14

My vote and its pretty close:

1st place Capocastillo with his team chemistry putting him over the top.

2nd place Galactus...you try stopping Ultron, Abomination, and Blasstar.....They only need not to fight each other.

3rd place Nightmask. Give the Thinker some pieces to play with, and he's tough to beat.

Although I think Harker's team is the lowest scoring team under the guidelines of the voting, I've never seen one quite like it. It is rather creative.....give them a +2CS on Halloween.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2007 02:24PM by Taarna.
October 30, 2007 02:26PM
::chuckles:: +2cs on halloween... that really cracks me up

Re: Marvel Villain Draft Voting Thread
October 30, 2007 02:26PM
Taarnas Team Power-5 Versatilty-4 Goals-3 Chemistry-4 total of 16 points. This Team would run away with the Show except for the two EgoManics Doom and Graviton.There would a conflict with these two for sure rest of the team are good underlings. Capos Team power-4 Versatility-4 Goals-3 Chemistry-4 Total 15 points.Good combo of power diversity here and Brains.I could see conflict and a fracture between shaw and Magneto. Punstars team power-4 versatilty-3 goals-4 Chemistry-3 Total points 14 A decent team here problem Morgan le Fay and Mr.Sinistars goals would lead to a Fight for number 1 Harkers team Power- 3 Versatilty-4 Goals-4 chemistry-4 Total points 15 This team I can see on the same page with each other.With Dracula in control with his evil powers this group could reach its Goals they lack a little in Raw power However. Nightmasks team power-4 versatilty-3 Goals-3 chemistry-4 total points 14 This is a Interesting Team unusal picks I like this lot, weakness the screwball Maximus the Mad. number1 is Tarnas team number2 is capos team.Number3 on a tie breaker is Harkers team well thats all folks.Everyone had great teams.
October 31, 2007 05:09AM
I apologize I will be away for a bit, I won't have my decision until the weekend.
October 31, 2007 09:42AM
I'll be getting to this either today or tomorrow, sorry. I recently found out my SSI claim was denied so I'm kind of depressed and my mind's not on online matters. Thanks for your patience, guys. So far I've enjoyed reading the posts here.

Re: No worries
October 31, 2007 11:21AM
Post when you can.
November 01, 2007 07:54PM
Taarna

Raw Power and Combat Ability 5
Group Versatility 2
Goal 2
Team Chemistry 2
Total: 11

Capo #2
Raw Power and Combat Ability 5
Group Versatility 4
Goal 4
Team Chemistry 1
Total: 14

Punstarr #1
Raw Power and Combat Ability 4
Group Versatility 4
Goal 5
Team Chemistry 4
Total: 17

Galactus
Raw Power and Combat Ability 4
Group Versatility 3
Goal 2
Team Chemistry 2

Nightmask #3
Raw Power and Combat Ability 3
Group Versatility 2
Goal 4
Team Chemistry 4
Total: 13
November 01, 2007 08:44PM
This really doesn't seem to hold much logic to it, I mean a 2 for versatility for a team with the Super-Adaptoid and a Sentinel, and only a 3 in power and combat ability? Just doesn't track.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

November 02, 2007 10:18AM
3rd Place: Taarna's Team (Dr. Doom, Graviton, Super-Skrull, Mongoose, Rhino, Sandman and Electro)

Power- 5

Power is one thing this team has no shortage of. From Doom's tech to Rhino's great strength to Graviton's near limitless power over gravity, there's no doubt that they have power to spare.

Versatility- 4

I gave this team fairly high marks here. They have a good combination of speed, power, tech, energy and even magic through Doom. The team misses perfect marks here though because of a lack of a true Psi.

Goals- 2

I think I'm with Capo here. Heists? Bah. Such things are beneath Doom. As for world domination, it's almost as though he sets himself up to fail, just like Thanos. He's a great villain because he's a threat, not because he's likely to succeed. I think he honestly enjoys the challenge of fighting his heroic foes more than he'd ever enjoy actually ruling the world. Plus in the end there's bound to be conflict with some of the others, but I'll get to that next.

Chemistry- 2

This team is destined for disaster. While Rhino, Mongoose, Sandman and Electro will follow Doom's orders without question, Graviton will have a hard time swallowing his pride and taking orders from a man he considers himself superior to. He can work with a team temporarily, as shown in the pages of the West Coast Avengers, but such an alliance is destined to be fleeting. Super Skrull? I straight up can't see him working with this team. He's too much of a proud Skrull warrior who thinks humans are inferior.

Total: 13

The team's raw power and myriad abilities help to overcome it's shortcomings, but in the end it still ends up as merely "pretty good".

2nd Place: The Tech Lords (Mad Thinker, Super-Adaptoid, Sentinel Mark VII, Alkhema, Maximus the Mad, Stonecutter and Quicksand)

Power- 5

With the likes of the advanced Sentinel from the future that can repair itself, Alkhema's advanced weaponry, the powerful Super Adaptoid and the astounding tech from Stonecutter and Maximus, this team is not short on power.

Versatility- 3

Despite this team's assortment of powers at it's disposal and the Adaptoid's ability to copy others' powers and abilities, this team took a pretty bad hit in versatility. One reason is the absolute lack of magic (something the Adaptoid cannot mimic), and the other is the team's over reliance on tech. One uber powerful EMP pulse or some other way of disabling technology and the team is pretty crippled.

Goals- 3

While the team may have much power at it's disposal, I agree that it would count for little when going up against the entire population of the Inhumans. I think they'd be better served to just start their own colony of whatever Inhumans choose to join Maximus on Mars and leave Attilan alone.

Chemistry- 4

This team got high marks here because the majority of the team are robots who are programmed to obey the Thinker. The others all share a similar interest in technology (with the exception of Quicksand), so they'd likely get along well enough, though I wouldn't put it past Maximus to try and stab his would be allies in the back once he gets what he wants. Quicksand may be a greedy criminal, but she still likes Earth... I'm not so sure she'd want to actually move to another planet.

Total: 15

The Tech Lords live up to their name with the heavy emphasis on technology... this is their greatest strength, but it's also their greatest weakness. All in all, it puts them up there as a serious villainous threat.

1st Place: The New Brotherhood (Magneto, Spiral, Malice, Sebastian Shaw, Vulcan, Exodus, Danger)

Power- 5

Like the others, this team has no shartage of power. Magneto, the self styled master of magnetism with his Shift X power, Spiral with her spells, Vulcan and Exodus with their raw power, and Danger with her many weapons make this team quite formidable.

Versatility- 5

This team got perfect marks here. Energy powers, blasts, psychic ability, teleportation, cold hard cash and magic, this team has it all. I saw no niche that hadn't been filled.

Goals- 5

A very realistic goal, one that would put them into conflict with both the New Alliance of Evil (not so straightforward a fight imho) and the X-Men. I think that while it would be tough to do, it's very feasible for them to succeed. Heck, it's possible that the New Alliance of Evil could succeed in exploiting the new mutant child and then the Brotherhood could succeed in it's goals of protecting it right after.

Chemistry- 3

Magneto has a group of loyal minions with him... with the exception of 2. Spiral is loyal to Mojo and Mojo alone... but I can see why she's work with him in this instance. I just don't think that alliance would last all too long. The main problem is Shaw. Shaw would sell out mutantkind for a quick buck and Magneto knows it. Shaw is at least partially responsible for the Sentinels and Magneto knows it. Magneto is a fanatic who would sacrifice himself and all his followers in a heartbeat if he thought it would serve his derangement of furthering mutant goals and Shaw knows it. This is bound to end badly... perhaps not before they succeed in finding the mutant child, but the Brotherhood is in danger with Shaw in it.

Total: 18

This team ranks the highest. It has perfect power, versatility and goals... Shaw is the only monkeywrench. If Magneto gets rid of him so blatantly though, he'll have made a powerful enemy.

Others:

Galactus 1's Team: (Ultron, Absorbing Man, Mandarin, Abomination, ZZZack, Radioactive Man and Blastarr)

Power- 4

A lot of power on this team, but most of it's in the Monstrous or less range. Ultron's a force to be reckoned with, as is the Absorbing Man, Abomination, Zzzack and Blastarr. Radioactive Man and the Mandarin are powerful, but not on the level that the others are on.

Versatility- 4

Heck, the Mandarin's rings alone give this team high marks. Strength, energy, invulnerability, blasts and even minor psychic ability (Mento Intensifier Ring) give this team an edge... but no magic leaves them vulnerable to certain foes.

Goals- 2

The group's conflicts from within will pretty much ensure that they never succeed. Plus, that many high profile villains on one team are sure to attract the attention of the Fantastic Four and the Avengers... heck, the Mandarin will warrant the attention of Stark, and thus all of SHIELD... which can only end badly for this team.

Chemistry- 1

A disaster. Not only are there multiple villains in this group who'd be vying for leadership (Blastarr, Mandarin), but Ultron's aims are counterproductive to the rest of the group's. They want to rule the world and Ultron wants to destroy all biological life.

Without Ultron, this team would have done far better. He's an Adamantium monkeywrench.

Harker's Team: (Taskmaster, Selene, Dracula, Grey Gargoyle, Wendigo, Moonstone and Crimson Cowl)

Power- 3

While this team does have some power with Selene and Wendigo, the rest of the team fall within the Remarkable to Amazing range.

Versatility- 4

This team's best trait is it's versatility. With great strength, energy powers, psychic ability, matter manipulation, and even magic (though Selene will likely never use that magic since it drains her), this team has it in spades. However, the ability to operate in the day -and- the night would have given them a 5 instead of a 4.

Goals- 1

They straight up do not have the ability to blot out the sun. End of story.

Chemistry- 3

Dracula has the ability to inspire "loyalty" through intimidation, but this will end up being his undoing. Taskmaster, the Grey Gargoyle, Moonstone and Crimson Cowl will eventually geta little too creeped out by Dracula and Selene and want to leave... they have no reason to want the sun blocked out, after all. They like to be warm.

Dracula is both this team's strength and weakness... his will is what drives the team to accomplish things, but his inability to operate during the day and his general creepiness will eventually drive the team apart. Half the team are just normal people with powers.

November 04, 2007 05:49AM
Has everyone voted? If so some tally 'em up and print out the scores. I'm too lazy to do it right now.
Results
November 04, 2007 06:42AM
Taarna 14+13+16+12+11=66

Capo 15+18+15+15+14=77

Harker 9+12+11+15+11=58

Punstarr 16+13+14+15+17=75

Galactus 1 12+14+11+12+11=60

Nightmask 15+14+15+14+13=71

Results

1st Capo

2nd Punstarr

3rd Nightmask

4th Taarna

5th Galactus 1

6th Harker

-- Peter David

November 04, 2007 09:19AM
The_Threat still needs to vote.

I have not voted yet
November 04, 2007 09:32PM
Sorry for the delay, I will be home tomorrow. I am only here at an internet cafe and I'd rather not pay to post my long explanation.
November 07, 2007 04:00AM
Ok here we go.

Power..

When it came to power I had a fairly simple rule of thumb, I tallied up the n# of villains that I thought could hold their own against an average superhero team. If there were more than 5 I rounded to 5.

Taarna..

Doom, Graviton, Superskrull all have this capability. Maybe Mongoose, but I doubt Rhino, Snadman or Electro could do it. So I grant this team a 3 out of 5.

Capo

Definitely Magneto as he has done on several occasions, Danger is designed for it. Exodus is a very powerful psychic. Vulcan seems borderline, he has a host of amazing powers but his physical stats are fairly frail. I think Spiral also fits this bill. I see Malice Capable of doing it, since her mind control is hard to detect, she can turn a team in on itself. I don't think Shaw could do it.

4 definitelys, 2 borderlines, Shaw is no slouch. I rate it 5 /5.

Punstarr.

Mr Sinister could definitely do it. Same with Darkling. But definitely not Mystique or Dark beast. Ravage has intelligence and all the strength of the hulk. So I say he's there too. Morgan le Fey and Speed Demon are powerful, but not quite at the team bashing level.

Rank 3 out of 5.

Galactus 1..

Ultron definitely. Absorbing man, well he is borderline. He has the power but he makes a lot of mistakes and has been beaten by some rather unimpressive foes. ZZax also could do it. There are very few powers that can affect him. I don't think Mandarin could do it. he has a variety of powers but none that are so higly ranked. Abomination could also do it, with his new found psychic abilities. Radioaactive man is sort of borderline. I've always seen him as a team cog, but he can stand up to Thor. Blaastar not quite tough enough.

Score, 4 out of 5.

Harker.

Dracula could do it. He has experience and a variety of powers. Taskmaster. Borderline, yes he's only human but he's tricky and crafty and has a history of doing it. Selene also borderline. Wendigo, also borderline, I just don't see him on the level of an Abomination or Ravage. Defintely not Moonstone,or Grey Gargoyle or Crimson Cowl.

Rank 2 out of 5.

Nightmask.

The Adaptoid is well... designed for it, but Mad Thinker is not physically a force.
Stonecutter could definitely. The sentinel is kind of borderline, it's not Nimrod or MM class but it's definitely not bad. Alkhema is Ultron class. Maximus is borderline as he would need help from technology and Quicksand can't quite cut it.

Rank 4 out of 5.

Versatility.

Taarna

Dr. Doom adds a lot of versatility, with resources magical knowledge and a host of scientific powers, he combined with Graviton Superskrull and Mongoose for
stealth. But Rhino, Sandman and electro are pretty much one trick ponies. Where is the mentalist? Doom has some magical ability but this is not his forte.
Rhino is kind of a second tier bruiser. This team needs a mentalist and another bruiser.

Score 3/5

Capo

Lots of versatility here..Spiral alone can do so many things, and Magneto's power stunts ... Amazing. Exodus provides the psychic power. Vulcan is a master energy specialist. Shaw provides a unique power and a lot of resourcefulness. Only one thing missing here, stealth. I don't really see a stealth expert.

4/5.

Punstarr.

The most versatile team, Sinister provides resources and mental ability. Darkling and Mystique master stealth. Ravage is the bruiser. Speed Demon is the scout. Morgan provides magic. Dark beast, has speed and intelligence. Darkling is a great energy manipulator.

5/5.

Galactus 1.

Good energy manipulation, a top ranked bruiser. What I don't see is mentalism, except indirectly, Ultron's encephalo beam. Not much stealth either. No one to really provide resources.

3/5

Harker.

A fairly large collection of power. Dracula provides stealth and mentalism and a lot of experience. Selene also provides magic and stealth. Wendigo is the bruiser. And GG has a unique and deadly power. Taskmaster is alos quite unique and provides skills. Moonstone has a lot of energy manipulation powers.

5/5

Nightmask.

The thinker has a unique ability and Super Adaptoid can take on almost any power. Stonecutter, if he can't pull out weapons, is simply a bruiser but a go. Maximus provides mentalism. A sentinel by definiton has many different powers. Not too much in the way of stealth. Resource would come in time.

4/5.

Goals:

Taarna

I don't agree with everyone's talk about Graviton being a problem. he's like a school yard bully and I think he'd cave in to a real leader like DOOM. There is really no one to protest Doom and I like it when there are lackeys. The super-skrull would only want to go back to Skrulls and could benefit from Doom, and would not cross him.

4/5.

Capo

Too many competing goals... Shaw just wants to sit around and spin his web, Magneto wants to wage war. Both are leaders and would not play second fiddle.
Spiral is also the rebellious type. Her main goal is to rule Mojoverse, I doubt she cares about this world. Danger's programming could thwart some of the goals.

1/5

Punstarr

This team's goals would focus around Sinister. Sinister is an excellent goal driven leader. For the people harder to control like Morgan, he could offer additional power. She's used to servicing a higher power. Ravage is intelligent but I think he could play ball. Well constucted team of a good leader and capable but domineering lackeys.

5/5

Galactus 1

Some conflicting goals here as Ultron has generally wanted to extinguish human life, I can't see him teaming with humans very long. Absorbing man wants immediate gratification. ZZaxx is always in pursuit of energy which is a big weakness and conflicting goal. Mandarin wants individual power and would proably form a clique with Radioactive Man, from China. I just don't see this team as coherent at all.

2/5.

Harker

Dracula and Selene would probably have a kind of love/hate relationship as rivals to vampire off the living. I can see Selene stealing their energy, Dracula drinking the blood and Wendigo eating the body. With Grey Gargoyle turning the remains into stone to thwart any autopsy. Good Goal setting here. I can see them feeding off wealthy individuals and then giving their spoils to the more mundane members like Taskmaster and Moonstone. But the other members wouldn't want to have anything to do with the feeding off others.

4/5

Nightmask

The thinker would want to acquire technology but where he differs is his unwillingness to kill. He has more scruples than the average evil robot. Stonecutter doesn't seem like a killer on his own. Alkhema, like Ultron seems to hate human life. But I can see her wanting to also acquire technology. As would Maximus. But Maximus probably would be prime focused on killing the Inhumans or the FF.

3/5.

Team chemistry.

Taarna

I can't really see much chemistry here except for the 3 spider-man villains, but Doom is generally a loner. yes he will use lackeys but he doesn't really go out fo his way to assemble teams unlike a Sinister or Magneto. I cant' see how many of the powers complement each other, except for Electro supercharing Doom's battlesuit with energy. Still, there's probably not much internal conflict here.

3/5

Capo

Lots of mutants and members who probably have great respect for Magneto even if they didn't work for them directly. Spirals ability to enhance powers would be simply deadly when combined with Magneto or Vulcan, there would be almost nothing they couldn't do. Plus her teleportation skills allow the team to hit and run.

4/5

Punstarr,

A good relationship between Sinister and Dark Beast. I can see Mystique fitting in as an agent for Sinister. I don't really see how Morganna fits on this team.
Darkling is mentally unstable though. I can see Sinister working him over and preying on all that but Darkling doesn't seem inherently evil.

3/5.

Galactus 1

Absorbing man could have agreat relationship with Ultron, 1 touch and he's indestructable himself. Mandarin's Electric blast could placate ZZaxx. But I have a problem with Radioactive Man. Who wants to work with someone who leaks radiation? It's too dangerous to be part of a lasting team. The members of this team would also have to work about contact with ZZaxx.

2/5

Harker

Although the team is themed on the Supernatural, Taskmaster and grey Gargoyle actually have no Supernatural connection beyond their names or the way they look. The members also have to worry about temptation that they would also be eaten.

2/5

Nightmask

Good chemistry to use a lot of robots and scientific people together. But there's a few problem since our hero and villain threads have a rule that says no direct sharing of technology. So Stonecutter can't make improvements on the Adaptoid or something like that. I can't see how many of these powers connect to boost each other.

3/5

totals
Taarna 13
Capo 14
Punstarr 16
Harker 13
Galactus 11
Nightmask 14.
November 07, 2007 04:44AM
Odd, I don't remember much against direct sharing of technology, other than having stated myself that villains are even less likely than heroes to share, except as we've seen in comics how often a villain with suitable powers or talents has rescued/salvaged another defeated villain to upgrade/enhance his powers to use as a more powerful minion. Either way the ability to work together shouldn't be that hard to see, since it's all about supporting each other and if a villain who doesn't have tech-based powers can provide considerable support to teammates one shouldn't penalize a group because many are based on technology rather than natural super-powers.

-- Peter David

Updated Results
November 07, 2007 04:47AM
Taarna: 66+13=79

Capo: 77+14=91

Punstarr: 75+16=91

Harker: 58+13=71

Galactus 1: 60+11=71

Nightmask: 71+14=85

1st: Tie now between Capo and Punstarr

2rd: Nightmask

3th: Taarna

4th: Now a tie between Harker and Galactus 1

-- Peter David

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2007 04:49AM by Nightmask.
Re: Updated Results
November 07, 2007 08:08AM
I can handle a tie for first.

Re: Updated Results
November 07, 2007 08:40AM
As can I. This was pretty fun.

What did we do differently this time around?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.