Destroying buildings and other structures

Posted by soldier4thclass 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Destroying buildings and other structures
January 27, 2008 05:56AM
Maybe i missed it but i've never seen any official stats for buildings. they give you everything you might wanna know about every major building in the marvel universe, but dont tell you what it would take to flatten them. personally i use the d&d besm hp standard because its the only official standard for building hp, or planets for that matter

i usually double the actual numbers but heres how they are by default

3 bedroom house-100hp

35 floor building-162hp baxter building

50 floor building-175hp

The Moon-1725

what does everybody think. it just doesnt feel right if its not really official but its all i got.
Re: Destroying buildings and other structures
January 27, 2008 05:58PM
Maybe there should be a structural integrity rank? Perhaps based on the material strength of its frame for simplicity sake? If a building is hit with a major shock, at specific points (eg. the foundation or structural weak points) or over a great enough area, it must roll a feat against the rank of the damage or possibly collapse... or have it's structural integrity rank reduced. Maybe the Kill column could some how be incorporated with Structural Ranks replacing Endurance ranks, so as to reflect a building which might not have been levelled in one fell blow, but whose integrity has been compromised and which is thus weaker, and perhaps even beginning to crumble.

????

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
Re: Destroying buildings and other structures
January 28, 2008 06:46PM
u know i like that idea a lot. considering the strength of artillery and bazookas and low level building killers such as havok id say the material strength would be In or Am.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.