Breaking Items + Body Armor?

Posted by Lafarallin 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Breaking Items + Body Armor?
January 12, 2008 05:49PM
I'm a bit confused on the rules for breaking items. If "villain A" is using an anti-gravity built of remarkable 30 material strength, and "hero A" bullseye hits it for incredible 40 energy damage, does the belt break?

How about body armor? "Villain A" has body armor of Incredible 40 material strength, and "hero A" punches "Villain A" for monstrous 75 damage...."Villain A" obviously takes 35 damage. However, is the Body Armor damaged? In the same situation if "Hero A" makes a bullseye shot on "Villain A's" body armor is this different?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2008 05:49PM by Lafarallin.
Re: Breaking Items + Body Armor?
January 22, 2008 06:24AM
There are of course rules regarding the breaking of weapons or objects v. body armor. As you point out there are none regarding the destruction or weakening of armor.

If that is important to your enjoyment of the game, then, you will have to come up with a system that makes sense to you or use someone's suggestion.

It doesn't matter to me, however, as a Game Judge I do appreciate the fact that a suit of metal armor getting constantly battered or torn open should be replaced by the character.

Like anything else in this game system, you can be as detailed or as simple as you want to be.

Just throwing out an idea that comes to mind, like throwing spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks, if Captain America is wearing the equivalent of chain mail that provides him with Good (10) protection and a sword of Excellent material strength hits with a Yellow ( or Red, if you prefer) result, then Cap has to make a saving roll for his armor based upon a rank of Good. If the result is White, the armor now protects for Typical (6) points; if the result is Green or better the armor is still at full strength. Karma cannot be spent for this roll; the armor stands or falls on the odds attached to the armor's rank..

I have never implemented rules regarding the reduction of an armor's effectiveness. I do not prefer to get that detailed on that area of the game. I am however very detailed in other areas of the game.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.