If you could improve one real life stat up a power rank what would it be and why

Posted by Taarna 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
If you could improve one real life stat up a power rank what would it be and why
December 18, 2007 04:19AM
Here's a fantasy thread. If you could improve one real life stat or talent up a power rank what would it be and why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2007 04:20AM by Taarna.
Re: If you could improve one real life stat up a power rank what would it be and why
December 18, 2007 05:37AM
If my Intuition were one rank higher I could find a clue, LOL.

I'm going to have to go with the secondary stat of Resources. I'd love to have Good resources.

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
Re: If you could improve one real life stat up a power rank what would it be and
December 18, 2007 12:16PM
Appearance for the win! I think mine's Typical, but my wife says Good. I just think she's biased.

Pretty people get special treatment in America.

Re: If you could improve one real life stat up a power rank what would it be and
December 18, 2007 05:28PM
So we have one vote for resources, and another vote for appearance. Interesting picks.

I seem to be " good " on both of those. I have to think about what FACERIP or talent I'd like to raise.
Re: If you could improve one real life stat up a power rank what would it be and why
December 18, 2007 06:32PM
Well I might as well ad in my own 2cents worth..

I would say that since it would be most useful in real life to increase Reason.
Joe
December 18, 2007 06:55PM
Reason. :)
December 18, 2007 07:09PM
When we are choosing this ability or talent, what rank are we raising it to? That would be a deciding factor for me.

TLD
December 18, 2007 07:14PM
Nevermind, I get it now.

Just raising it one rank, I would have to say Endurance. In real life that has been a weak area for me. It also give me a better shot at fighting off the effects of toxins and illness. I'd be able to run further and longer. Enemies would have to work harder to Stun, Slam, or Kill me.

TLD
December 18, 2007 10:03PM
Easily and unquestionably Psyche.
No matter who you are, or what you do, having a strong willpower is better than otherwise.

Fighting- I don't really need Fighting raised. If a fight comes up, I'd either be shooting the other guy or going for a grappling attack anyway. I'm not much of a striker.

Agility- while nice, it isn't going to significantly impact my quality of living.

Strength and Endurance- definitely would be useful in my line of work. However, if I had the better willpower (psyche), I'd force myself to get to the gym more often and raise those anyway.

Reason- nice, but I'd be better off better utilizing what I already have, as opposed to getting more.

Intuition- nah, I like surprises. Besides, that'd only get me to about average anyway, so it would seem to be a waste.

Resources- I've got food and a roof, so i'm happy. I have no need or desire to be rich. And if I should ever change my mind and desire to become rich, well, a large part of success is how much effort and determination you put into it. (AKA: Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration). A stronger willpower to keep going despite setbacks would help immeasurably with this.

Popularity- I don't need to be the Idol of Millions; I'm happy enough just being the Idol of Dozens.

Talents- I'm good where they are. And again, if I want to improve them or learn others, I could use the better willpower to stick with it.

So, again- Psyche.
December 19, 2007 02:58AM
Taarna,

If you've got Good resources, make a Yellow FEAT roll to loan me the money for a new computer and I'll pay you back 20 comic boocks a month (if I may a Yellow FEAT roll)

;)

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
Joe
December 19, 2007 03:32AM
Why don't you kitbash your current computer to increase the rank? :)
December 19, 2007 04:24AM
The Beyonders,

While my resources are " good ", my wife has " excellent taste " in Jewrely. Hence I don't have a lot of resources to spare right now. If I'm lucky my Reason and Intuition hit red feat rolls and I spot an 18 karat white gold necklace with a Diamond high in quality for a 50% discount.
December 19, 2007 04:51AM
The Living Tribunal has ruled that computers bought on sale from a bulk distributor department store may not be kitbashed to play <i>City of Heroes</i> online with any degree of functionality.

-----
December 19, 2007 04:59AM
Taarna.... do not sacrifice yourself...

hehehe.

-----
December 19, 2007 06:09AM
Physical Endurance......

I'm gonna be 40ish soon..... Not to blurt away my age.... But I absolutely hate the lost Energy and Conditioning I once had during my 20's and even my early 30's was kinda decent.........

I've lost my wash-board abs for a lil pot-belly..... My muscle tone has gone away..... And when I was younger I loved (absolutely fuggen loved) running, working out with weights, swimming, cycling, and simple Slave Labor for days on end didn't even bother me........... I even needed less sleep.....

I was pretty much a Hyper Active Health Nut, and most of my efforts and energy went into some form of athletic conditioning....... My heart rate was 35 BPM at normal activity...... and may have gone up to 50 or 60 BPM after a 7 mile run or weight lifting for 4 or 5 hours straight.....

Chics loved it too, even the Hot Chics..... And if I ever needed to 'Fight' or be 'Fast' or be 'Strong' or be 'Mentally Able' I simply had the brute Horse Power due to my 'Endurance' and Stamina.

I was able to live in a mud hole and endure some of the World's most inhospitable environments.... Being an Army 'Tanker' and Infantry Rifle Man was pretty damn tough....... But I could hack it with no sweat....

I miss the Physical Endurance I once had....... If I had to put a RANK on my prime Endurance when I was younger it was probably EX:20, maybe even RM:30..........

I still work-out and run a little bit, and my job is somewhat labor intensive; walking about 5 to 7 miles a day carrying the occasional heavy weight......... But it's FUGGEN HARD AZZ work now.......

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
December 19, 2007 09:28AM
If I could only get one human stat/ability raised to superhuman levels I'd have to settle on Reason, although I'd love Endurance or Strength like that as well, but they wouldn't let me get anywhere near as far in RL as a Remarkable, Incredible, or especially Unearthly Reason could.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
December 19, 2007 03:24PM
Well heck, if we could raise a stat more than one rank, I want higher Intuition so I can keep track of my cigarette lighter at parties.

-----
December 19, 2007 05:27PM
After some thought, I would pick Endurance. It is the one stat that drops off as we age.
December 19, 2007 09:21PM
Taarna Wrote:
> After some thought, I would pick Endurance. It is the one stat that drops off as we age.

All stats drop off as you age.
Fighters deteriorate once past their prime (Fighting), speed and coordination (Agility) aren't what they used to be, muscle mass (Strength) generally decreases, Alzheimers and `senior moments' affect Reason, and diminishing senses affects Intuition.

Getting old sucks. :P

The only thing that gets better is Psyche, if you want to be a stubborn, cranky old man.
`Hey you kids, get off'a my lawn!'
December 20, 2007 06:41AM
Quite true, although some people have had the genetics or devotion to physical activity to offset some results of aging (Charles Atlas was said to be still a poweful weightlifter even in his 70s when he died). Hmmm, makes you want to get a rank in Resist Aging, go from what you have now Shift-0 up to Feeble, which would give you quite a step up over normal humans. Then again under those choices go for a rank of Immortality.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.