Request: Dante~Devil May Cry

Posted by soldier4thclass 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Request: Dante~Devil May Cry
November 12, 2007 11:52PM
The game called Shin Megami Tensai is a Japanese RPG that is considered 3rd place next to Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, amongst RPG's in Japan. It has a bestiary that takes from almost every myth and religion, and is probably the closest JRPG that could be considered a Japanese equivalent to D&D.

ANYWAY, the game is made by Atlus, and in a deal with Capcom, Atlus added Dante (Devil May Cry) to the game Shin Megami Tensai 3: Nocturne.

Well interestingly the game also includes characters from Greek and Norse mythology that appear in Marvel Comics as well. I wonder if someone could do a Write-up of Dante by converting him. Here are some stats to go by

LV 80 Dante
HP/MP: 612/306
Physical:25 Magic:22 Vitality:22 Speed:25 Luck:16 AFFINITY:Immune to Hama, Curse, and Bad Status ailments, Strong to Magic and Physical

LV 76: THOR
HP/MP: 612/288
Physical:28 Magic:20 Vitality:26 Speed:12 Luck:17 AFFINITY:Immune to Hama and Electricity, weak to Magic and Nerve

LV 65 Odin
HP/MP: 498/270
Phyisical: 24 Magic: 25 Vitality:18 Speed:17 Luck:16

LV 52 Loki
HP/MP: 432/216
Phyisical:16 Magic:20 Vitality:20 Speed:12 Luck:16

I dont own the game so i couldnt provide stats of every character at the same level, howeever HP is based on vitality and LV(Level) so at level 80 Thors HP would be higher than Dantes. It should also be noted that these are each characters initial stats when joining you, and theses stats dont seem to fluxuate much, if at all, based on level, given that many characters at lower levels have base stats (not HP/MP) that are on par with these characters
Re: Request: Dante~Devil May Cry
November 13, 2007 02:47PM
Someone already put his stats up. Just make a search and you should be able to find it.

Ben Riely

"Oh, it's Waffle Time, it's Waffle Time, Won't you have some Waffles of mine!"
Re: Request: Dante~Devil May Cry
November 13, 2007 11:53PM
yea i know but i wasnt very satisfied by those. ill give it a shot but know this is my first post so its probably gunna be sloppy. id like to hear some opinions though on from anyone that wants to help pinpoint this characters abilities

ill use whats been posted along with feats hes performed in the games and the stats from shin megami tensai to fill in gaps

Dante

Fighting:as described in the Marvel_Super_Heroes-Basic_Set-Campaign_Book, Mn Fighting is a character weilding superior powers unavailable to normal men, i think this describes dante considering his ability to create combos and his ability to master any weapon instantly speaks to his abilitys also i think.

Agility:in DMC3 he jumps on a rocket in flight, aimed directly at him within a short distance, an rides it like a surfboard, noit to mention he can keep up with his brother Vergil, who can block bullets with his sword. Power Princess/Wonder Woman is Mn. i think Dante is deserves at least Mn

Strength:well this is kinda hazy, hes definitly got super-strength, you can see that within 10 minutes of playing DMC3. id like some help here, if you go by shin megamei tensai and convert, hes 1 point stonger than odin-24 (classic odin can lift 65 tons), yet weaker than thor-28(classic thor 95 tons) so im figuring based on that hes qualified to have a "Mn" ranking

Endurance:well hes definitly got superhuman endurance, he can take a lot of punishment, but you cant really measure it just from the games. again ill go back to megami tensai to fill in this gap. Well his vitality is 22, much lower than Thors-26, yet higher than loki-20, and again if you even it out, thors end:Un100 and lokis Am50, he ends up at Mn75...again

Reason: hes nothing special in this department, at least as intellegent as a game player with the wits to make it through the game without a strategy guide i guess-Gd10

Intuition:He solves puzzles, and figures his way through all sorts of traps and puzzles, finding hidden passeages and the like. at least Ex20 in my opinion

Psyche: Based on the foes hes fought id say he meets the qualifications for In40, simply because he does have plenty of experiwnce dealing with otherwordly forces

ok so this is what i have so far....
F:75 A:75 S:75 E:75 R:10 I:20 P:40
Health:300

any opinions?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.