Sentinel Mark VII

Posted by Nightmask 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sentinel Mark VII
January 31, 2007 07:51PM
I noticed this variety of Sentinels was absent from the list for Sentinels so thought I'd go ahead and post the Mark VII variety while it was on my mind. Trevor Fitzroy brought this variety back from the divergent reality future he and Bishop hale from as his servants. While they seem to retain the core programming against mutants all Sentinels have they'll also attack anyone else they're programmed to by their controller or when verbally commanded by him. They also seem to have more 'personality' than older versions, capable of snapping insulting or haughty replies to an opponent. Whether any still exist or the plans for making more are available is unknown, but we all know how notoriously difficult they are to completely eliminate.

Fighting: Incredible (40)
Agility: Excellent (20)
Strength: Monstrous (75)
Endurance: Monstrous (75)
Reason: Remarkable (30)
Intuition: Excellent (20)
Psyche: Typical (6)

Health: 210

POWERS

Character Type Detection: The Mark VII can scan all living things within 8 areas and determine whether they are human, mutant, robot, or alien. It can track such individuals with Incredible ability.

Countermeasures: These Sentinels can analyze an attack form and create methods using their self-repair mechanisms to neutralize that attack form. In effect, the Mark VII is able to develop abilities it did not originally have. These defenses function at the intensity of the opponent's attack, +1CS, up to Unearthly (100) rank.

It is up to the Judge to develop specific defenses according to the nature of the attack. A few examples include: Steel tentacles and nets for grappling quick foes, Fire attacks against ice-based characters, and water or ice-based attacks against fire-using enemies.

Flight: Incredible air speed

Growth: The Mark VII Sentinels are 10' tall, and thus are +1CS to be hit.

Robotic Construction: The Mark VII Sentinels are robots, and as such are invulnerable to attacks that require a living organic structure to affect; including but not limited to attacks based on poisons, disease, gas, or attacks that require a living mind or soul, such as purely telepathic attacks or the penance stare of the Ghost Rider. They do not require food, water, or air to survive, and can function in space or under water without difficulty.

Body Armor: Constructed of Remarkable strength materials the Sentinel Mark VII has Remarkable (30) protection from Physical and Energy attacks.

Self-Repair Program: The Sentinel's programming allows it to regain 100 lost health points per turn, provided sufficient electronics (i.e. computers, control panels, other robots, generic lab equipment, etc.) are at hand. The Sentinel simply reshapes the raw material and fuses it to its own form. This ability ceases to function if its health drops below 50, although this doesn't prevent someone else from repairing it sufficiently enough for it to finish repairs on its own.

Variable Energy Beams: The Mark VII variety of Sentinel possesses plasma beams, energy beams, and heat rays that can inflict either Monstrous (75) force or energy damage at an 8 area range. These weapons are mounted in the palms, eyes, and chest.

Limitation: The Mark VII Sentinels, like all but the cyborg variety, are not sentient beings and do not receive or spend karma.
Re: Sentinel Mark VII
February 15, 2007 06:07PM
These robots were powerfull. I never understood how the X-men beat them...at least on paper in the Marvel games.
February 15, 2007 09:58PM
Generally by a combination of creativity and tactics, and having God (i.e. the writers) on their side. :) Generally you have to hit them hard and fast before they have time to adapt, or a mix of attacks so they can't adapt to them all at once.
February 26, 2007 11:56AM
I always liked Nimrod that was the ultimate sentinel::!o
February 26, 2007 12:38PM
Well the Mark VII isn't too far off, although haven't the regenerative capacity he has, or some of the higher powers. Then again they also come from an alternate timeline and were never a part of the Nightmares of Futures Past timeline, only part of the Bishop Timeline and now mixed into the Earth-616 timeline. They didn't get much of a showing though, which was a bit unfair, need to see more of them. I was a bit surprised they weren't included here in the main menu.
Bumped
October 17, 2007 08:10PM
Bumping this up for easy location/reading by those in the draft regarding my pick.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Re: Bumped
October 19, 2007 09:07PM
Thanks. I was concerned because the MArk 6 sentinels had Sh-X endurance and I thought Mark VII would be even better. But surprisingly, the Mark VII has some downgrades and does qualify for the draft.

Nothin' personal :)
Re: Bumped
October 19, 2007 09:15PM
Not a problem, and I think they give that Mark V-VI run plus the Alphas and Omegas such an absurdly high Endurance to cover how hard they are to destroy rather than impossibly high armor. Given what I've seen of the various types of Sentinels I think they're the best of the run, particularly when it comes to personality (and not including the unique models like Master Mold or Nimrod).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

October 20, 2007 05:02AM
Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but reading this thread inspired me to go to Wiki and read up on the Sentinels. It seems like the Sentinels Mark VII required remote control? Is that right? if so, who does the controlling? Also, they were replaced by the Mark VIII version which are sorta "good". That kind contradicts the death rule. Mark VII has been discontinued.

This shouldn't seem like I'm nitpicking. Ever since the Hero draft, I didn't really like using modern changes in the characters to determine who would "win". For one thing "Death" is usually temporary, especially for villains. How many times has Doctor Doom "Died" only to come back to life later. it just depends on what issue we are on. I think a villain should have to stay dead for at least the past 10 years before he or she becomes restricted from the draft. Similar for temporary power changes, There are lots of villains that temporarily get de-powered or overpowered.
October 20, 2007 05:30AM
Uh no the Mark VII isn't remote controlled it's the version of Sentinel that Fitzroy brought back from the same future he and Bishop come from, as listed in the history. If the Wiki entry says otherwise it's because they've either forgotten this model or changed the numbering to use Mark VII to refer to the next Sentinel model created in the earth-616 continuity and left the other future model out (since I don't think they ever listed what model designation they were given in that future, unlike with the ones from the Nightmares of Futures Past which were clearly referred to as I believe Omega Sentinels). The RPG likely used Mark VII to label them for convenience and because no other model number was given and they needed something to distinguish them from other models.

-- Peter David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2007 05:32AM by Nightmask.
October 20, 2007 03:00PM
Seeing as the Sentinels that Nightmask picked are from the future, I don't see them being in production now or not really even being relevant.

As for eligability, aside from the fact the draft is already underway, if we don't go by most current, what do we go by exactly? As you say yourself, villains fluctuate in status and powerlevel. The only way to avoid overly long debates which crippled the hero draft, is to go with what can currently be confirmed.

October 20, 2007 03:47PM
Fitzroy brought them and the plans for them back from the future though, and as we all know versions of every Sentinal that's ever existed in the Earth-616 timeline still show up on occasion, either having repaired themselves somehow over the years or being rebuilt by someone. There's at least one group of that version I believe hiding in a time-barrier attempting to evolve human emotions after accidentally becoming sentient. They're at least as adaptable and capable of coming back from seeming destruction as Ultron is.

-- Peter David

October 20, 2007 09:45PM
I agree, anyone could just find a wrecked Mark VII and reactivate it and it's self repair circuits... not a huge stretch.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.