Stats for Gaea and Chthon. I noticed they are not in the character profiles.

Posted by Gunther 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gunther
Stats for Gaea and Chthon. I noticed they are not in the character profiles.
January 18, 2002 11:52PM
Hero Name: Gaea
Given Name: Mother Nature, Jord, many others
(Deity)

Fighting: Amazing (50)
Agility: Monstrous (75)
Strength: Incredible (40)
Endurance: Class 1000 (1000)
Reason: Shift Y (200)
Intuition: Shift Z (500)
Psyche: Class 1000 (1000)

Health: 1165
Resources: Class 1000 (1000)
Popularity: Class 1000 (1000)

Age: Unknown(however it is known she came into being not long after the Earth had formed and cooled, so from what science tells of that, this means she is around 3,500,000,000 years old.)
Height: Variable(usually that of a young female)
Weight: Variable(usually that of a young female)
Skin Color: Usually White
Hair Color: Black(as Gaea), Blonde(as Jord)
Eye Color: Usually Blue

POWERS:
Body Armor: Physical and Energy attacks(in normal human size form) (Amazing)
Invulnerability: Fire, Heat, Cold, Electricity, Radiation, Toxins, Corrosives, and Disease (Class 1000)
Immortality(as listed Power and in all planes) (no rank specified)
Regeneration (Class 1000)
Mystical Energy Powers: As a powerful Elder goddess, Gaea has vast mystical powers(the following are Power Stunts of this main Power) (Class 1000)
*Draw the spiritual energies of all Earth life with Power rank ability, raising here Health score by that Power rank (Class 3000)
*Geoforce(all Stunts) (Class 1000)
*Air Control(all Stunts) (Class 1000)
*Fire Control(all Stunts) (Class 1000)
*Water Control(all Stunts) (Class 1000)
*Weather Control(all Stunts) (Class 1000)
*Healing(all Stunts) (Class 1000)
Gaea also has all other Powers and Magical spells at Power rank level (Shift Z)

TALENTS:
Biology(Class 1000 Reason in all listed sciences of Biology)
Earth Sciences(Class 1000 Reason in all listed Earth sciences)
Occult Lore(Class 1000 Reason in all Occult and Mythological Lore)

CONTACTS:
Elder gods(though the relationship is strained since she is the only non-banished Elder god remaing on Earth)
Thor and Atum(sons)
Contacts in every pantheon of Earth gods(she is regared as the mother goddess in all under different names)

DESCRIPTION:
Gaea has a humanoid form, but can manifest herself in whatever female humanoid form she chooses. Usually she now appears as a young woman with long black hair and blue eyes. As Jord she appeared as a young woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. Gaea has manifested herself to look like a female goddess from each Pantheon of Earth gods as she only appears to them in a form they can relate to.

EQUIPMENT:
None.

HISTORY:
See Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Bio.

Hope you guys like my Gaea stats. I noticed they where not among the character profiles so im sure they are needed. I have never seen Gaea's offical stats, but I modeled her using her Offical Handbook bio and after the offical stats I have of the other two most powerful Elder gods, Chthon and Set. For her age, I used information from "The Unoffical Chronology of the Marvel Universe". A fantastic site that has tons of facts from offical Marvel comics. Its a great timeline.
Gunther
Re: Stats for Gaea and Chthon. I noticed they are not in the character profiles.
January 19, 2002 12:07AM
(Oh, and by saying Gaea has Class 1000 Reason in "Earth Sciences" that means those like: Geography, Geology, Hydrology, Meteorology, Metallurgy, Oceanography, Seismology etc.. not literal every technological science. Just wanted to clear that up incase I was missunderstood.) Now Chthon's stats:

Hero Name: Chthon
Given Name: N/A
(Deity)

Fighting: Shift Y (200)
Agility: Monstrous (75)
Strength: Shift Y (200)
Endurance: Class 1000 (1000)
Reason: Shift Y (200)
Intuition: Shift Y (200)

Health: 1475
Popularity: -1000

Age: Unknown(however the Elder gods where spawned from the Demiurge soon after the Earth cooled some 3,500,000,000 years ago)
Height: Variable
Weight: Variable
Skin Color: Grey
Hair Color: None
Eye Color: Red

POWERS:
Body Armor: Physical and Energy attacks(his own dimension) (Class 1000)
Body Armor: Physical and Energy attacks(outside his own dimension) (Amazing)
Invulnerability: Fire, Heat, Cold, Electricity, Radiation, Toxins, Corrosives, and Disease (Class 1000)
Immortality: As the listed Power and in all planes (no rank specified)
Regeneration(his pocket dimension only) (Class 1000)
Mystical Energy Powers: In his own dimension, Chthon possesses all Powers and magical spells at Power Rank. However he is trapped there and can only use his Powers in earth's dimension at Unearthly Rank. If he gains possesion of a mind, that body gains a maximum of six Powers of Chthon's choosing at Unearthly Rank. Chthon usually grants beings Powers in which to free him of his imprisonment in his pocket dimension. If freed, Chthon would have Power Rank levels in earth's dimension as well. (Class 1000)

TALENTS:
History(Earth history, Class 1000 Reason)
Geology(Class 1000 Reason)
Occult Lore(Chthon has Class 1000 Reason on all facites of Occult and Mythological lore, as the main writer of all of Earth's Occult Lore)
Writing(as the writer of the Darkhold and most all of Earth's occult Lore, Chthon is a master writer and scholar in this area)

CONTACTS:
The Elder Gods(known members includes Set, Y'Garon and Belathauzer and to a very limited exstent, Gaea)
Various practitioners of "Black Magic": Chthon is one of the most powerful evil entites a sorcerer can entrety and is called upon frequently by black mages for spells.

DESCRIPTION:
Chthon usually appears as a hooded, cloaked humanoid of various sizes. Under his cloak, he is a gray skinned Elder god with a demonic appearance, no hair, and pointed ears.

EQUIPMENT:
The Darkhold: The Darkhold, written by Chthon eons ago, is the most powerful book of arcane and black magic on earth. The Darkhold contains the vast majority of all of the earth's ambient occult lore, collected and written down by Chthon ages ago. It also contains original creations by Chthon like the formula for the creation of Vampires. Its power among mystical text is rivaled only by the Book of the Vishanti. It is currently in the possesion of Doctor Strange. For full history and stats see Realms Of Magic, Book 2.

HISTORY:
See Offical Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Bio.
Meanstreak
Re: Stats for Gaea and Chthon. I noticed they are not in the character profiles.
January 21, 2002 10:37PM
They look good Gunther. Gaea is way pumped up. About her Immortality listing where you say no rank specified, Immortality does not require a power rank. One just has it. I tell ya, it sure aggravates me when the Players book says that specifically and then you have all these writers who wrote the later handbooks giving Immortality a power rank here and there. Thanks, Meanstreak.
Gunther
January 22, 2002 04:32AM
Yeah, I noticed that also. Seems that they got lazy towards the end and did not even have guys making the stats that knew the rules.

The only difference in the Immortality Power is that the normal version is that it only pertains to the dimensional plane of said immortal. Some however, like Gaea, Zeus, Watchers, Elders of the Universe etc.. are immortal anywhere. In paticular cosmic beings who's immortality is not tied to a mystic dimension.
Meanstreak
January 25, 2002 09:40PM
Here is my Zeus. Basically I merged the official stats from page 233 of the S-Z Gamer's Handbook with the stats on page 9 of Ragnarok and Roll to create my version, with a little of my own spice thrown in. Enjoy.:
Zeus-Monarch of Olympus

F SHY(200)
A SHY(200)
S SHX(150)
E SHZ(500)
R MN(75)
I UN(100)
P SHX(150)
Health:1,050
Resources:UN(100)
Popularity:100 in Oympus.(people of Earth believe him to be completely mythical)

POWERS:
Body Resistance:AM(50)
Invulnerabilities:CL1000 vs. disease, toxins, and corrosives. SHZ(500) vs. fire, heat, cold, electricity, and all radiation.
Immortality:As the listed power, but his applies to all planes anytime, anywhere. He also has the CL1000 ability to strip or bestow Immortality to any OLYMPIAN GOD at will with a 100 mile range to this power.
Shapechange(self only):UN(100)
Regeneration:SHZ(500)
Dimensional Travel:CL1000
Teleport(self):SHX(150)
Levitation:SHZ(500)
Life Support:SHZ(500)
Precognition:SHZ(500). Intermittent Precognition only.
Image Projection:UN(100) ability and range.
Weather Control/Air Control:SHZ(500). ALL power stunts with both powers.
Raise Ability:SHZ(500) ability and range is 400 areas. Zeus can temporarily raise the Strength or Endurance ability to SHZ(500) for himself or another being. White fails, green lasts 1 turn, yellow lasts 10 turns, and red lasts 100 turns.
Force Feilds:SHZ(500) vs. Emotion,Energy, Magic, Mental, Physical, Power Manipulation, and Vampirism.
Energy Mastery:Zeus has these energy powers all at SHZ(500) rank. He also possesses any power stunt available with any of his powers.
Kinetic Bolt
Thermal Control
Electrical Generation/Electrical Manipulation
Electrical Control
Gravity Manipulation
Fire Control/Fire Generation
Heat Emmission
Hard Radiation Control
Hard Radiation Emmission
Light Control/Light Manipulation
Light Gemeration
Darkforce Manipulation/Darkforce Generation
Enchantment:SHZ(500) ability to magically increase any items effectveness to SHZ(500). The enchantment lasts until rescinded by him or negated by a CL1000+ power. Zeus manifests his magic by the speaking of a mere WORD.
Magic Control/Manipulation/Magnification-Reduction/Negation:SHZ(500). Zeus manifests these magic abilities again by the speaking of a mere WORD.
Magical Spear:CL1000 adamantine spear does SHX(150) Edged damage in Zeus' hands. It was forged for him by Hephaestus(Vulcan). Zeus can throw it 10 areas, and he has personally enchanted it to return exactly to his hands after striking or missing it's target. He also uses the spear as a conduit for his powers, but doesn't have to.
Aegis Sheild:CL1000 adamantine sheild with the head of a medusa on its front face. Zeus uses the sheild in all of his major battles. He occasionally loans it to Athena. at the desire of the holder, the sheild can emit a special form of Emotion Control-Fear at SHZ(500) rank. This power has a 1 area range and does not affect robots or non-human alien beings. All other opponents are affected, even multiple targets.
TALENTS(I give him alot):
Blunt Weapons, Classical Greek/Olypian lore, Leadership Talent, Politics,Mythological/ Occult lore, Sharp Weapons, Mystic Background,Thrown Objects, Thrown Weapons, and Wrestling.
CONTACTS:
Asgardian gods, Heliopolitan gods, Celtic gods, Gaea(grandmother), Hercules(son), Olypian gods, other ruling deities, and Thor.
Gunther
January 26, 2002 07:22AM
Here is my slightly updated version of the one on this site:

Hero Name: Zeus
Given Name: Jupiter(Roman name)
(Deity)

Fighting: Unearthly (100)
Agility: Unearthly (100)
Strength: Unearthly (100)
Endurance: Class 3000 (3000)
Reason: Remarkable (30)
Intuition: Incredible (40)

Health: 3300
Popularity: Unearthly (100)

Age: Unknown("apparent" age is early to late 50's, he is the youngest offspring of Cronus and Rhea though he is known to be many thousands of years old)
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 560 lbs.
Skin Color: White
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Blue

POWERS:
Body Armor: Physical and Energy attacks. (Amazing)
Invulnerability: Fire, Heat, Cold, Electricity, Toxins, Corrosives and Disease. Olympus only. Unearthly Resistances to these anywhere else. (Class 3000)
Immortality(as the Power and in all planes)
Mystic Energy Powers: Zeus is the most powerful Olympian god and possesses vast mystical energy Powers. As a "skyfather(ruler of a pantheon of gods) Zeus possesses the greatest share of power among the gods of Olympus and may perfrom the following:
* Fire mystical blasts of Force or Energy with Power rank intenstity.(Olympus only, Shift Z anywhere else) (Class 1000)
* Electrical Manipulation with Power rank ability, including projection of lighting bolts and all related stunts.(Olympus only, Shift Z anyhere else) (Class 1000)
* Dimension Travel to any adjacent dimension (Class 1000)
* Teleportation(spanning galactic distances) (Class 3000)
* Project image and voice across space and dimensions with Power rank ability. (Class 3000)
* Place enchantments of up to Shift Z power on objects with Power rank ability. Enchantments last until recinded or negated by a Class 1000+ power. (Class 1000)
* Regeneration(Olympus only) (Class 3000)
* Raise Strength up to Power rank level for 1-10 rounds and Precognition with Power rank ability. Intermittent Precognition only. (Shift Z)
* Remove or restore any Olympian gods Powers or immortality with Power rank ability. (Class 1000)
In additon to his most frequently used Powers, Zeus can use any listed Power or stunt with Power rank ability.(Olympus only, Shift Z anywhere else) (Class 1000)

TALENTS:
Thrown Weapons, Sharp Weapons
Wrestling
History(ancient Greece, Unearthly Reason)
Occult Lore(vast knowledge of Olympian, Mythological and Occult Lore, Unearthly reason)
Leadership*
Politics

CONTACTS:
Olympian gods(Zeus is the supreme ruler of the Olympian gods. His most prominent contacts are, Hera(wife), Hades(brother, though its strained), Poseidon(brother), Demeter(sister), Hestia(sister), Hercules(son), Athena(daughter), Aphrodite(daughter), Apollo(son), Hermes(son), Artemis(daughter), Hephaestus(son), Dionysus(son). Also includes all other Olympian gods and virtually all the races of Olympus.)

Other pantheons of gods(specifially other skyfathers like Odin)

DESCRIPTION:
Zeus is a tall, muscular, and robust god who, as a god, is almost perfectly proportioned. Zeus wears a a long read beard and appears to be older than his other siblings with the exception of his two older brothers Hades and Poseidon. Since his sisters are actually slightly older than he, but appear as young women, it is possible that Zeus presents himself as being older since it is usually seen as a merit of wisdom and distiction among males(as youth and beauty is seen in the dame light with females, paticularly female goddesses).

EQUIPMENT:
Olympus: Cont..

HISTORY:
See Offical Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Bio.

Limitations:

* Zeus's Class 3000 Endurance is tied to the dimension of Olympus and drops by -1CS every day spent away from Olympus to a minimum of UN(100).

I use the character generator, obviously. And alot of little details.
Meanstreak
January 26, 2002 03:26PM
Well Gunther, it's ok, but I like my version better, not that yours is bad or anything.On the talents, you don't have Zeus' Mystic Background listed, and he is supposed to have that talents. Also, his Fighting and Agility are listed as SHY(200) in Ragnarok and Roll, so that's officially what they are. It sounds right for a guy who defeated the Titans thousands of years ago and seized the throne of the Olympian gods, which wasn't easy. Also, I could see a higher Endurance given to him, but his rank should remain constant. It's never said in any books that his power wanes when out of Oympus, unlike Odin, who is just plain unbeatable inside Asgard. He also does possess shapechanging ability, which is noted on his Offical Handbook desription(Deluxe Series). Just my thoughts, Thanks, Meanstreak.
Gunther
January 26, 2002 11:11PM
Yes. I have given beings like Surtur and Ymir Shift Z etc.. fighting, so I have been thinking of increasing Odin's and Zeus's myself.

As far as the missing talent, I sometimes don't put that in there for gods etc.. because its redundant to me. I ussually only use that for sorcerers.

But as you can see, Zeus DOES have the shape-changing ability. He has every power in the book.

Zeus has not been shown to be less powerful on Earth, but I assume that he is, since Odin is. I use this to indicate that since they are not worshiped anymore, they are not as powerful on Earth. Of course some can ignore this, its just how I like to play them. It also illustrates that they are far more powerful in their own realms. Thor held his own with Zeus on earth in once, something I don't see him doing in Olympus.
Meanstreak
January 27, 2002 04:38PM
Yeah, I see your points. I can understand the loss of worshippers philophosy, it work's for judges that want to use it. I've got some of those books where Thor fought Zeus, and they were some grand battles, but I always felt that Zeus was holding back. I like to recall the Avengers issues #284-287 where Zeus kicks all of the Avengers butts collectively, and I still felt he was holding back. Thanks for reading, Meanstreak.
Warlock
January 27, 2002 10:52PM
Holding back? Hehe, I'd hope so :D he is an all-father. If you look at Greek mythology Zues is stronger than all his brother and sisters combined (I'm not necessarily saying the whole pantheon, although I believe you could make the arguement), including Posieden, Hades and Hera (eeeewwwwww, gotta love the whole idea of the sister-wife). I wouldn't think Thor could hold a candle to Zues unless he is holding back. Not that Thor's not powerful, but we are talking about an opponent as unbeatable as Odin.

That's MHO anyways.
DG :bounce:

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.