Adam Warlock

Posted by Warlock 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Warlock
Adam Warlock
January 10, 2002 10:00AM
I would like to petition for an incease in some of his stats. He has been shown time and again to not only be a tough cookie, but also an integral part of the Marvel Universe. He went toe to toe with Thor way back as Him and that was pre-Soul Gem or Infinity Gauntlet. He is almost on par with Thanos and has been shown speaking down to Mephisto. I would put him closer to the Silver Surfer's level than he is right now. Not quite at that level but close.

First I think his Fighting is O.K. as is. I don't think Amazing would be hard to argue for either but my main issue with his stats are Agility and Endurance. He was the one who ended up with the gauntlet when the fit hit the shan and like his fighting has been proven in some of the Infinity Watch comics when he was fighting, hiding from and ambushing mutliple opponents with ease. And as far as Endurance goes he did raise himself from the dead on counter earth. I think Mon. Agility and Un. Endurance would fit him nicely. I think I could make an arguement for AM. Fighting and In. Stength as well but I think I'll pick my battles and stand by the Agility and especially IMO the Endurance increase.

As far as powers go maybe add Immortality on some level. Also I think Mon. kinetic bolts gives him a little more uumph. He was trading blows with Doom while in a weakened condition and still held his ground. Which is why I also think he should have better Body Resistance, taking a Majolnir to the noggin and still walking away with Sif means you gotta be tough.

He has saved the entire universe like 5 times. O.K. three of those times it was his fault, namely Magus, Magus again and Goddess, but still he's stoped Thanos at least twice once when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. If he would have been around you know he would have beaten the Beyonder hands dow....... O.K. maybe not but he is the bad man that you want around when the world's about to end.

DG :bounce:
D. Goforth
Re: Adam Warlock
January 11, 2002 09:17PM
Heh Warlock, I agree with everything, except for giving him immortality. Maybe self-revival or longevity, but not full-fledged immortality. But, I'm usually reserved about letting any of my players have true immortality without a really good reason for it. By the way, has Petunia ever printed the stats for Prime? I didn't find him anywhere. He is just one guy that came to mind that I would like to see stats for. I have a limited edition comic from a few years ago where Prime fought the Hulk. Stood his ground against the gamma-badass, so I would say he's like a reduced superman-gladiator type. If you're reading Petunia, please write him up, I'd like to see what you come up with. Also, Warlock, do you recall an Avengers crossover series where Thor fought Prime? I've tried to find it, but can't. I know it exists, because I saw a poster for the crossover at a local hobby shop here in town. Just wondering if you might know, thanks, D. Goforth.
Warlock
January 12, 2002 06:07AM
Isn't Prime the mega-huge-dude from Image(?) comics was it. His alter ego was a regular kid right? I never saw the cross over but that would have been cool. Although Prime is basically Sups on crack and would probably hand Thor his buttocks.

DG
D. Goforth
January 12, 2002 01:12PM
Yeah, I think he's from Image. I'd like to see someone do some stats on him. I know there was a crossover, just can't find it at local comic shops. Later, D. Goforth.
<b>Prime</b>
January 13, 2002 06:05PM
<HTML>Sorry I don't know enuff to do justice to stats on PRIME. FRom what I do know this is where I'd start but if you have any info or want to drop your idea's I'm more than happy to put em together and post in the stat section...

Prime
Kevin Green

Fighting: Good
Agility: Excellent
Strength: Unearthly
Endurance: Amazing
Reason: Typical
Intuition: Typical
Psyche: Good

Health: 375
Resources: Typical
Popularity: 5

Known Powers:
True Flight: Monstrous
Body Resistance: Incredible

Alter Ego: 13 yeor old Kevin Green can surround his body in protoplasmic mass becomming the mightiest super-hero of the Ultraverse....PRIME. Kevin stats in his true form are:

Fighting: Poor
Agility: Typical
Strength: Poor
Endurance: Poor
Reason: Typical
Intuition: Typical
Psyche: Good

Talents:
None

Contacts:
Ultraforce</HTML>
Warlock
Re: Prime
January 13, 2002 06:33PM
What about Adam Warlock? I think that my suggestions are valid and can be proven by looking at how he has fared throughout the comics he has been in. I especially think that his battle with Thor way back as HIM is enough proof to warrant a stat increase.

DG :bounce:
D. Goforth
Re: Prime
January 13, 2002 07:31PM
Sounds good Petunia, like you I don't know alot about the character. I only have a few books with him in it. I'd give him Unearthly True flight and Amazing body resistance. I have one book where he went the whole issue trading blows with the Hulk(it was a crossover) and came out alive, although the Hulk didn't really cut loose on him like he could've. Poor guy would be dead if that would've happened. Thanks for the writeup. D. Goforth.
<b>Re: Prime</b>
January 13, 2002 10:31PM
<HTML>Gonna be updating him as you suggest.</HTML>
<b>Adam Warlock Update complete</b>
January 15, 2002 08:24PM
<HTML>the header says it all really. Thanx to Warlock and the ever bouncing D.G</HTML>

'Fer the love of my sweet Aunt Petunia' - Ben Grimm
Secret Defender, Inc.
Warlock: Adam in UltraVerse
February 09, 2002 03:55AM
This description of Adam Warlock as he appears in the Malibu's UltraVerse (sans Soul Gem) was researched and written by one of the most devoted Adam Warlock fans who ever lived. Stats based upon the Malibu titles Rune #6-#8 and Curse of Rune #4 and up.

ADAM WARLOCK Origin: The Beehive. Base of Operations: Mobile; the Multi-Verse. Group Affilation: None Currently.

Fight Agil Stren Endu Reas Intu Psyc HEALTH KARMA
IN IN IN MN EX IN AM 195 110

KNOWN DEFENSIVE POWERS:* True Invulnerability at Good rank
(physical attacks @ -4CS damage)
* Life Support at Class 1000
(all of the rigors of deep space)
* Protective Cocoon: Forms about him within seconds is made of Incredible Material and gives him Monstrous Regeneration (if using UPB rule that is a recovery of 75 health (his Endurance) per 48 seconds in the cocoon (8 turns; or 6-1/2 health PER turn).
*Perpetual Reincarnation at Unearthly rank. Adam retains all memories and abilities.
KNOWN MOVEMENT POWERS: *Flight at Shift-X velocity in
atmosphere (50 areas per turn)
*Space Flight at Class 1000
velocity. With a Red Endurance FEAT roll he can obtain Class 3000 for 2-20 turns.
*Dimensional Travel at Remarkable
rank.

KNOWN ATTACK/OTHER POWERS: *Mental Probe at Amazing rank
*Soul Communication at Monstrous rank. Adam can enter a person's very soul as if it were another dimension and converse soul to soul.
*Heal Others at Unearthly rank. Adam can cure the damage caused by wounds, trauma, toxins, and disease. He can increase the target's Health by 100 points. This is the maximum benefit he can give per day to one specific person.
*Ability Enhancement: Once per day Adam can boost his Strength and Endurance by +2CS for up to 5 turns. This yields no health increase. TALENTS: Astral Navigation, Leadership, Student of Life, Psychoanalysis (at + 2CS if psychoanalyzing THANOS; read THE INFINITY GAUNTLET #5)

Special note concerning the apparent loss of other powers:
* For whatever reason whenever Adam Warlock regenerated in his cocoon and evolved with the Mental/Soul/Heal powers he evidently lost, or put another way, no longer needed his ability to generate Force Bolts from his hands. Also he did not have the Soul Gem because it had already been abducted to the UltraVerse.

Other UltraVerse Characters: If any one is interested, Secret Defender, Inc. has several researched and homemade UltraVerse Heroes and Villians written up including
Hardcase, Choice, members of the Solution, and Prime.

-Secret Defender, Inc.
Meanstreeak
February 09, 2002 12:59PM
Hey Secret Defender, I wouldn't mind seeing your stats for Prime. I'm looking for a really good writeup of him. I never collected his book, just read a few issues. Thanks, Meanstreak.
Secret Defender, Inc.
Meanstreak: UltraVerse stats
February 09, 2002 04:26PM
Meanstreak,

I will post some Ultras (including Prime) later on sometime tonight (east coast time). I really enjoyed Ultraverse storylines and some of the characters were fun to read. Hardcase was my favorite. I need to dig the character sheets out of Secret Defender, Inc.'s vault located on the planet Yuggoth. Hmm. Now where did I put that Space Mead?
Secret Defender, Inc.
Nocturne
February 09, 2002 04:55PM

S.D.I.--

mmmm...Space Mead.... ;)

nocturne.
(who actually prefers Tholian Ale)
Secret Defender, Inc.
Nocturne: Meads and Ales
February 10, 2002 12:45AM
Nocturne,

Space Mead or T-Ale; A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet!

Of course in addition to the mellow effects of Space Mead comes the temporary power of Life Support at Class 1000; suitable for space-travel and moving at near light speed. I found out about it whenever I read H.P. Lovecraft's "The Fungi from Yuggoth". Of course it does not give one the power of actual space flight. In order to do that I usually have to hitch a ride.
I must say that finding the recipe was not easy and I don't sleep at night as well as I used to.

However one must do what one must when combating evil doers that art walking/crawling/flying/phasing about.

-Secret Defender, Inc. :lol:
Tomm1013
February 10, 2002 01:36AM
I would prefer The Pan Galactic Garglebalster myself, but I am not that picky.
I too would love to see Primes stats but I am not to sure about that whipping Thors but thing. would be one hell of a fight though.
Secret Defender, Inc.
Meanstreak/Prime stats
February 10, 2002 02:26AM
Entered Prime 2-10-02.
Secret Defender, Inc.
Secret Defender, Inc.
Prime's Height and Weight
February 10, 2002 02:30AM
Meanstreak,
I forgot the following: HT. 7'6"
WT. 375 lbs.
Age: 13 years old (origin; can be older if so needed to fit campaign.)
Brown eyes/hair
Secret Defender, Inc.
Tomm1013/Ultraverse stats
February 10, 2002 02:39AM
Tomm1013:

More to follow over the next few weeks.

Secret Defender, Inc.
Secret Defender, Inc.
Meanstreak/Prime stats
February 10, 2002 02:43AM
Entered Prime 2-10-02.
Secret Defender, Inc.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.