Doomsday's stats?

Posted by D. Goforth 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
D. Goforth
Doomsday's stats?
January 01, 2002 05:48AM
Just a friendly disagreement here, but why are Doomsday's stats so high?His fighting Unearthly, his agility Amazing, what is up with that! Page 5 of the Judge's book says an Unearthly fighting is "Super-human with intensive training". Unearthly is too high for a brain dead brawler like Doomsday. Thor is over 3,000 years old and has been in more fights than anybody almost, and he's only got Unearthly. And Doomsday's agility, need I say more. He's too bulky and huge to have spider-man level agility. No way. I would say Remarkable fighting and Good agility myself. Incredible intuition is a little high too, but whatever. I just think the fighting and agility are too high, not trying to knock anybody. Thanks for reading and everyone have a happy new year. D. Goforth.
Warlock
Re: Doomsday's stats?
January 01, 2002 06:46AM
I disagree. Doomsday was bred from a cellular mass on a planet that killed him instantly, was revived and did it all over again unitl he learned how to survive at a genetic level. What does that have to do with his fighting? Nothing. But what happened after he learned how to survive the intense atmoshpere and radiation of the planet? He had to learn how, at the genetic level mind you, to defend himself from the ravenous best that killed him over and over until he learned how to defend himself from them. What's the best defense? Eventually he clreaed the entire planet of life. Sounds like he has done his share of fighting as well.

Intuition? Would kinda have to come with intense fighting wouldn't it? Couldn't survive long if you got snuck up on easily. Intuition would probably be the first thing he developed as growing to a sufficent size to defend himself would be the first priority. And his weight? What is a ton, at most, body when you can lift 100s of tons. His body weighs alot less to him than yours does to you. And he is far from brain dead IMO. His brain just works differently than the normal one. While our brains think about sex, cheesecake and turtle wax his just does one thing and does it probably as well as any brain in the DC universe. It is constantly thinking of ways and things to destroy. Prettty uneducated, I'll grant you that. but brain dead, no way.

.03$ keep the change :)

Happy New Year Everyone.
DG :bounce:
D. Goforth
January 01, 2002 06:14PM
I disagree. Fighting of Unearthly too high, Agility too high, Intuition too high, your entitiled to yours, but so am I. He's not that good, so what if he cleaned out an entire planet, the Hulk has fought everyone and their brother on the planet and beat their respective rears and only has RM(30), although I use the merged Hulk in my world which brings him to IN(40). Good points Warlock, but we just disagree on this one. Nuff said. Happy new year everyone.
overkill
January 02, 2002 10:43PM
I agree that Un is a little high for Doomsday's fighting ability. Yes he's the ultimate survivalist, but a lot of that is due to his immense power and invulnerability. I couldn't really see him doing so well if he became a normal human against, say, Captain America or Batman.

Also, shouldn't it be noted that Doomsie has a distinct weakness. Once Superman broke off one of his knee bones in DoS, Doomsday immediately crumbled to being as weak and weary as Supes, ending in the double-KO. I'm not saying that that actually -is- a weakness, but I'm curious as to your thoughts.

Just my .02,
Rick
Warlock
January 03, 2002 10:27AM
I agree that taking away his strength and speed would also lower his fighting. I just see it, while it's there, raising his fighting as well. How can someone that fast, that strong and just plain badass miss in hand-to-hand combat? I hesitate to use this term, but I fear I must, it's "The Fonzie Factor". Would Arthur Fonzarelli ever throw a punch and miss? Some characters are just to Bad to miss. The only thing stopping Captain America from deservedly having a Fighting score in the Shift-something range is that he is human. Cap is a butt-whoopin' mo' fo' just like Doomsday but the latter isn't restricted by his humanity. He doesn't have any. I see this as reason to keep his fighting where it is as long as his other stats remain as high as they are.

D. Goforth
January 03, 2002 11:09PM
Well, one thing about Am(50) Fighting being maximum human potential makes alot of sense to me. There is only so far the human body, without aid of powers or magic, can go. Most beings, once their fighting enters a range above Amazing, have also an Endurance that's high or other super powers to enable them to attain the higher fighting. I'm not saying someone with a high True Invulnerability deserves along with it a higher Fighting, but that person would last alot longer in each fight to learn from mistakes vs. a human who must endure the pain threshold and want to quit. Makes some sense. By the way, has anyone tried the new DCU-West end games rpg. I'm thinking of buying it but don't want want to without some input from others. Any would be appreciated. Thanks, D. Goforth.
<b>Re: Doomsday's stats?</b>
January 06, 2002 07:16PM
<HTML>Ummm not sure how to put this so I'll just be out with it. I do agree that Hulk is a butt whoopin' bad @#$%& but... so is Doomsday. Doomsday just stays a bad @#$%& while Hulk get's even nastier (hence increase Strength equal to Doomsday and Fighting greater than Domsday) effectively making hulk harder to beat due to his enhanced fighting.</HTML>
D. Goforth
January 09, 2002 08:35PM
Harder to beat Petunia? The way you have Doomsday figured right now the Hulk would be hell bent to take him one on one, but he could pull it off. Aside from Doomsday's too high agility and fighting, he gets ShX(150) Invulnerability and a ShZ(500) Endurance. Way too much, but heh, that's cool. It's your website. I appreciate the replies to my posting. Thanks, D. Goforth.
Tomm1013
February 01, 2002 05:56AM
I would leave Doomsday's stats as is. I can understand the high fighting, It is what the thing does. It battles all living things till there is nothing left and then moves on. It leveled Darkseid in no time flat.(Just one example) as for his agility i thought that was the combination of dexeterity and speed and if I remember correctly superman, the man who is faster than a speeding bullet, was taken back and hard pressed because of the speed and power of doomsday.
The thing I don't get is how do you work his ability to eveolve into the stats.In there first battle Supes gave everything he got, and in there second Doomsday had evolved beyond superman and Big Blue had to find some new way to beat him. During the battle Doomsday evolved protective covers over his ears to stop sonic attack superman was using.Any imput on what you guys think on this would be nice.
As for the hulk, I will agree he is most deffinetly a bad dude, but I have seen him take some lumps in the past. He has been beaten by some bad @#$%& and by some I think shouldn't have been in the same pages as him.
Hulks biggest problem is that he is easily manipulated by the more intellectual villians.
As for Cap, all I can say is with all do respect, PAAALLLEEEEEEASE! He aint all that, but I will give him his dues, in hand to hand he is as good as they get.....almost.
February 03, 2002 05:39PM
Hi tomm,

actually that's a good point. Maybe he deserves the Nemesis power also. proabably at Unearthly. Thios would enable Doomsday to develop powers to combat certain situations.

What you all think????

'Fer the love of my sweet Aunt Petunia' - Ben Grimm
February 03, 2002 08:27PM
The problem with Nemesis is that it is a quick-working 'omni-power'. If I remember the rules right, giving it to Doomsday at Un rank would basically mean anyone who does fight him will have to first come up with a completely new attack to use on him, then implement it to remove his 1000+ health in the space of about three rounds - or find another way to stop him (e.g. a looped teleporter, perhaps?). Also, it supposedly allows the use of absolutely any power he comes up against (which means in theory he should have Superman's flight and heat vision, Fire's fire, Ice's ice, J'onn J'onz's generic energy blasts etc. - but only while he's fighting them). Perhaps a special form which allows him to develop invulnerability to any specific attack type within a few rounds of encountering it? Limit in rank to about, of Mn or Un and assume that his current invulnerability is indicative of his having encountered brute force and energy blasts in the past (Superman and that funny inbred light guy, among others) - even the unkillable creature has its limits.
Warlock
February 04, 2002 12:53PM
Nemesis is a good idea but does have some problems. Doomsday wouldn't have Fire's fire when facing her, Doomsday would have Ice equal to his Nemesis power rank. Nemesis gives you whatever power negates your opponents powers. He wouldn't have superman's flight, he'd have Gravity Manipulation to counteract Sups's flying abilities.

I would give him a power called Evolution. It would be the ability to, when killed by a certain power, element, energy source or what have you, to then get Resistance or Invulnerability to said thing that killed him. In other words whenever he reaches 0 Health and Shift0 Endurance whatever killed him becomes his newest addition to his evolution facter. If he dies because he can't breath in an argon atmosphere, he reveives and either gains Class1000 immunity to Argon or suffucation depending on how bad @#$%& I wanted to make him. If you want to keep him a little less bad @#$%& you make it a resistance to said stimulus at just a high enough level to prevent him from being harmed by the same level again. The argon atmosphere was at Amazing levels, when he "wakes up" he now has Monstrous resistance to argon. As he is in the comics I think it is definatley Invulnerability and not Resistance.

Hope this makes sense.
Warlock
February 04, 2002 02:38PM
A silly question. Would Superman loose Karma for killing Doomsday? (aside from the fact that Sups also died).

February 04, 2002 05:36PM
brilliant. 5 gold stars really like this and am gonna add it. Evolution jsut sparkles....

'Fer the love of my sweet Aunt Petunia' - Ben Grimm
Warlock
February 05, 2002 12:49AM
Many thanks P. Coming from someone who has done as much as you have on this site, it is quite the compliment.

Tomm1013
February 05, 2002 04:53AM
Hey Warlock, that is a good idea. thanx and I am gonna use that in a game I have here at home. My players will love it.heheheheh.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.