Cosmic Entities

Posted by Warlock 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Warlock
Cosmic Entities
December 31, 2001 11:50AM
As I have stated I am building an offline version of my marvel universe. It is a mix of original heroes for the "normal" heroes and my version of the Gods (Thor, Hercules, Hermes, etc.), Cosmic Entities and Abstracts. I was wondering if anyone could lead me to or just plain give me info on the Cosmic Entities and Abstracts. The Living Tribunal, Eternity, Death, Infinity, Oblivion, Order, Chaos, Love and Hate are the ones I have decided to add so far and I put in the Abstract Beings class. The In-Betweener, Galactus, The Watchers, Celestials and Silver Surfer I put in the category of Cosmic Entities. The difference between the two is that the abstracts transcend the mortal coil and the entities, while much more than anything that can be considered mortal, are still limited by the fact that they were once mortal.

Anyway (and before I go to far off on a tangent) what I am looking for specificaly is info on Eon, Infinity, Oblivion(who I can't even find a pic of), Love and Hate. I have some info on Oder and Chaos but am always looking for more. If aunt P was to add these to the list I would be enternaly greatful or if smeone could point me in the right direction I would be glad to come up with some numbers and let P post them after he has had his way with them (get your minds out of the gutter).

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
DG :bounce:
Warlock
Re: Cosmic Entities
December 31, 2001 01:29PM
P.S. If nothing else could somone give me the actual names of Love and Hate. I think it is something like Mistress Love and Master Hate but I am not sure. And if there are any others you can think of I am open to suggestions.

Thankee kindle
Gunther
January 01, 2002 12:37PM
Sorry, I ment to help you out a few days ago but I got distracted. Ok, first I will start off with Oblivion. This, unfortunatly, is a very obscure character that is not that old I don't believe. The fact that I know as much about the Marvel cosmic beings and I know little about him is telling, lol. Here is the only pic I have seen of him from a issue of Quazar. I have never tried to post a pic so ill try to, if it does not, of course, just follow the link:

Oblivion is the one on the left and the one on the right he is fighting with is Infinity, of course. From what I have learned, Oblivion is the flip side of Death as Infinity is flip side of Eternity. I THINK this seven issue arc stated on the cover is Oblivions first appearence(though I don't know in which issue of it he first appeared). Actually, generating his stats would be easy. I, my suggestion, would give him the same stats as Death and Eternity's origianl ones. Class 5000 in every ability, limitless Karma and the ability to use any listed power at Class 5000 level. Of course the only work would be reading the issue and finding out his personality etc.. Obviously he would only, usually use his powers in relation to the concept that he is and embody's. I have never even seen a bio of Oblivion anywhere, very obscure character.

Lord Chaos, Master Order and the others I can help you with. In case you don't already know this, Lord Chaos and Maste Order where created at the very instant of the big bang, along with Eternity and Death etc.. I suggest you go here:

[www.geocities.com]

Its a fantastic history of the Marvel Universe. It could help you in some areas. It has helped me alot in my games I know. Some have had problems with it loading, its a older site, so if you do I have the intire thing saved in the same format on my PC. I could e-mail it to you no problem. This also tells how Eon was created by Eternity. Quite a good bit of information is in the comics about Eon, I will try to get some issue numbers for you, but he has several bios in the comics and around the net so im sure you can find some stuff on him. I have yet to study him enough to generate his stats so I can't help there yet.

Ok, another thing about Order and Chaos is that they are the supreme magical beings in the Marvel Universe, even above the Vishanti. They are more than that but it is one of their main functions. They dwell in the Nexus of All Realites where they are as power as Eternity and Death is in out physical universe(SS vol.3 #17 and 18, also you can find great info on the In-Betweener in those issues). You most likely know some of this so sorry if I go over things you know.

Mistress Love and Master Hate are featured in SS vol.3 #66. Of the issues I have. Its obviously not their first appearence since they appeared in the Infinity Gauntlet, and im pretty sure that is not their first appearence either. SS #66 shows some things about them as you will see. There is a ritual to summon Love, she makes a women her "avatar", Hate also grants her some power. Not much true insight is gone into like their origins, but the basic seems to be that they work together even though they would seem at odds. And there names appear to be Mistress Love and Master Hate. Its unknown if they where once mortals or always conceptual beings. They, from my point of veiw, are lesser abstracts. They are obviously some of the most powerful beings in the universe, because of their inclusing in the "fellow Titans" of the Infininity Gauntlet, but its obvious they are not on the level of Eternity, Death etc.. They might be the equal of a Celestial, Galactus, the Stranger so from that basis alone, I would model their stats like that . I have actually not done it yet because I can't decide how to go about it, their powers are not as defined as others, but I have a good idea. Basically they could do anything I would suppose, like a higher conceptual, with a focus on Love for Love and Hate for Hate in their powers, just at a lower level. Class 1000 and maybe 3000. My THEORY, is that they are not as old because beings have to be somewhat advanced to feel love and hate(that is single celled and simple cell like creatures early in evolution would have no such emotions), so I would speculate that they came into existance later as beings evolved into haveing those aspects. This is just my theory and is based on nothing but my own logic. So don't think you have to use it if you hate it, lol.

Ok think I covered everything I could help you with that you asked for. Also, I noticed that you like using god and mythological characters like I do. Well I have generated alot of stats for many Marvel godly races. Obviously you have access through this site to the Asgardians, Heliopolitians and Olympians, but I have generated some stats for the Chinese, Celtic and Indian gods who have appeared in issues of Thor etc.. If you would like any of them I would be glad to help you out. Well hope I was of some use. Take care.
Warlock
January 01, 2002 02:05PM
Yes, thanks alot. The niether link worked though the second one I have seen before. As a matter of fact I printed out the first section the creation of the universe.

The way I am figuring it the first moment after the Big Bang Eternity, Death and Galactus was born. Enternity being first because as he represents all that is he was the begining and Death was is the ending. Galactus is that cosmic wild card whith some purpose unkown to all. Well that first instant couldn't go on forever so Infinty was created to repsrent Time and Space as the expanding matter and energy needed someplace to go. At that same moment Oblivion was created to represent the oppsing forces of Nothingness that constantly work against the natural flow of Time and Space. Moments later the Matter and Energy began combining into sometimes Orderly and sometimes more Chaotic shapes and combinations. So the need arose and so Lord Chaos and Master Order came to be.

At some time after that the Universe's center became denser and started to warp time, space and the very life energies of the universe itself around it's core and the Celestial Axis became. Eternity and Infinity knew that eventually the still non-existing races of the universe would try and use it for their own means. So they created Eon and charged him with portecting the Celestial Axis. Eventually he extended this to protecting the slowly burgeoning life as well and occasionaly appoints a mortal as his Protector of Life. Soon after the first rudimentary forms of life gained sentience, Mistress Love and Master Hate were born. They represent the emotions most prevelent in living creatures.

Around 10 billion years ago a spacefaring race evolved to point that they began to experiment with vast cosmic powers and were upsetting the natural balance of the Cosms. Eternity and Death took notice and erased all but a thousand or so and changed them into to what we now know as the Celestials. About 5 Billion years ago the race known as the Watchers left their homeworld and relocated all over the universe.

The In-Betweener in my world is not an abstract but the first ever Sorcerer Supreme appointed millions of years ago. He was transformed into his current form to act as liason between Order and Chaos and the Sorcerer Supreme and to the rest of the mortals as well.

What I was hoping for mostly was a place I could find pics. i dont' have image editing software yet, but I am working on it. I also am collecting as many volumes I can of the Gamer's Handbook of the Marvel Universe. I just missed a bid on eBay for the Ultimate Gamers set. It was like 3 folders of stats and front, left, right and back side pics. That, my scanner and an image editor I could make my own pics that look s god as aunt P's.

Thanks. And by the way I'm not really interested in the Celtic gods but how about info on the Elder Gods? That would help. I use about.com to get my info on the Deities and then I mix in some of the Marvelness.

Gunther
January 01, 2002 02:21PM
[216.150.214.165]

If you just copy and past that and hit the go button, it should take you right to that pic of Obilivion. If it still does not work I could simply email it to you. I do have alot of info on the Elder gods. What exactly do you need?

Oh and I have a really great thing I downloaded from the net that is a D&D book that dells with actualy gods. It covers basically all the major religions and is a good tool to generate stats for those non-asgardain, olympian gods etc.. if you need them. If you want it I can email it to you also.

I agree with basically everything you say. I also feel that Infinity placed some sort of "re-routing-buffers" on the time-steam. This would explain why you can't actually travel to your own past or future in the Marvel Universe and when you try to you create a alternate dimension. One of my theory's. ;)
Warlock
January 01, 2002 02:45PM
I would love both the resources mentioned. I would just like background info so I can come up with stats. Gaea isn't to hard but soem of the others I know nothing about. Anything you could send would be appreciated.

Warlock
January 01, 2002 02:50PM
Oop just reread and realized that you must be talking about one of the many versions of Deities and Demigods. I have already seen this and I don't intend on going much farther than the Olympian, Asgardian and Elder Gods. I might throw in some of the Egyptian Pantheon but that will be about it. Thanke anyways and I would still love the info on the Elder Gods if you don't mind.

Many thanks.
Dg :bounce:

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.