X-Men stats

Posted by wal lace 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
X-Men stats
December 13, 2001 01:55AM
Okay, first of all I never bought Wolverine as having even Rm agility. I'd definitely rate Cyclops as better than him there.
However, there's maybe half a dozen people in the MU who I'd back against Cap in a fist-fight, and Wolverine is one of them (along with DD, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Stick, Stone etc) - he DOES have Am fighting, and with Adamantium Ex strength.
Secondly, Cyclops. The man hung on with Apocalypse in his head for a year, and he's only got Ex Psyche? It's at least In, maybe more. And his Reason used to be Ex. He shoot be at least one rank above Wolverine.
Third, I'm fairly certain Iceman has enhanced strength in ice form. I'm very certain, though, that as a human his build couldn't take him above Gd.
Fourth, Storm ripped out Marrow's heart, and beat Callisto hand-to-hand, and she's only got Ex fighting? Don't overpower her, but back in the 1980s (you know, when Rogue actually had a personality), she was a grade A badass.
Finally, Shadowcat. I actually don't like her, but I have to say that years of ballet lessons and combat training would probably leave her with Ex Agility.

On a side note, Hawkeye's longbows have to be at least a 300 lb draw. He's an archer, with an archer's chest and shoulder muscles. It'd be close, but he's probably at the lower end of Ex Strength, at least in his upper body.
<b>Re: X-Men stats</b>
December 13, 2001 10:07AM
<HTML>Some pretty good points and I have made some changes to the stats, although not all.

Iceman: Agreed that's why he is raised to Excellent from Typical as presented in Children of the Atom.

Cyclops. Yeh OK but not as much. Increase Agility and Psyche to Remarkable

I disagree with Wolverine and left him alone. Many hours I pondered him and I like him where he is. Each to their own I suppose.

As for Hawkeye, Yes I agree that he would be upper range however only upper range in the Good category, after all he is a bowman not someone at the pinacle of human physical perfection (ala Capt America).

Anyhow, that's what I have done so far. Really appreciate your thoughts</HTML>
Warlock
Re: X-Men stats
December 13, 2001 08:17PM
Well as far as Hawkeye goes, having been hunting with bow and arrow myself for Whitetail, a 300lb. draw is rediculous. My Senior year of High School during football season I could bench 200lbs. and a 100lb. draw was more than I liked to use. Compound or not 300lbs. is too much. It would take more than Ex. strength to use a bow that strong.
Re: X-Men stats - Iceman
December 29, 2001 04:01PM
I seem to recall the ice cube got his powers amped due to some magic fiddling by Loki and he was out of control with Unearthly ice generation, (children of the atom if memory serves). During the Fall of the Mutants he recieved a power inhibitor belt that gave him control over his powers when the powers proved to much for the belt to block. He wore this for a hand full of issues, then he stopped using it for good with no explaination. I always figured the spell either wore off or he learned how to control his powers using the belt as training wheels. So i figure his ice abilities to be around Amazing or Monstrous. Warlock knows marvel magic better then me, so he probably could answer if the spell of a "god" would wear off or not. Now i know organic ice is not able to have a strength of over Remarkable, but in some later issues of X-Factor when they went to a different world, Ice was fighting a gal with fire ability and he mentioned that he can keep regenerating the ice faster then she could melt it. Would this not have an affect on the strength of the ice, possibly. I mean if he is constantly regenerating it?

Ok Iceman fans, help me out with this one....

Mark
Warlock
Re: X-Men stats -Magic Spell Duration and Counterspelling
December 29, 2001 05:00PM
F.Y.I. the "official" duration of a spell with an Unerathly or above Spell Rank is Permamnent or until dispelled by the caster or someone who can successfully counter-spell it. The criteria for counter-spelling are that the person trying to negate the spell must know and be able to cast the spell from memory. He must make a Yellow psyche FEAT with a +1 0r -1 CS depending on the difference of levels between the two casters Psyches. If odin casts a spell on Porscha and Warlock wanted to counterpsell it he would have to make a Yellow Psyche FEAT roll with a -5CS, the difference between Warlock's Monstrous Psyche and Odin's Class1000. Although I would probably rule that a being that powerful could only be overridden by a force equally as powerful. I guess someone else would be a better example but I think you get the picture.

DG :bounce:
December 30, 2001 03:37PM
so in theory, Iceman should still be around Unearthly level then? I have long wondered about inconsistancy.

You just have to love current writers who seem to discount previous writer's contributions. lol
Warlock
December 30, 2001 05:41PM
Agreed.

DG :bounce:
Tomm1013
Re: X-Men stats
February 01, 2002 04:42AM
I ahve to agree with wal lace on shadowcat and wolvie. Shadowcat has had years of training and tutoring in combat and i see her being a tough little kitty. As for Wolvie he is damn near the pinnacle of combat. All the training, years of expierence(and I mean years, this guy is older than dirt), and the pure savagery should make him one bad dude that could throw down easily with Cap or any others that want to knouckle up.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.