The Last Duskbladeâ„¢ Presents: Supernal Resistance

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Last Duskbladeâ„¢ Presents: Supernal Resistance
March 16, 2008 10:55PM
This is a power that I wrote for an old character of mine. It isn't something that I have used as a standard in my gaming, just for that one hero. Since there is not really a perfect place to post a power write-up I'll just drop here in the Discussion board until someone tells me a better place to post it. I'm interested to hear from the community, and what you think of this power so don't be afraid to shout vulgar things at me or tear the power to shreds. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supernal Resistance: A character with this power is not effected by damage from physical and energy attacks in the standard way. Attack forms that are lessened by this power include: fire, heat, cold, electricity, radiation, toxins, disease, brute force, kinetic bolts, etc. The power rank number is added together with all rank numbers before it, with the resultant number being what the attack damage is checked against. Giving the hero with this power an outrageous ability to survive injury. This is a two slot power that would fit well in either the Defensive Power and Physical Enhancement Power Categories of the Ultimate Powers Book, or the Resistances and Body Alteration/Defensive Categories of the Advanced Set + Players Book.

Example: Captain Super possesses a Remarkable (30) rank for this power. The Power rank is added to together with all the power ranks before it (30 + 20 + 10 + 6 + 4 + 2 = 72), to get the resistance level. So when Count Flamer blasts Captain Super with Unearthly ranked Fire Generation, he takes only 28 points of damage.

If during the character creation process the Player rolls another resistance power (such as Resistance to Power Manipulation), that power can be considered to operate in the same way as this one, but using the rank randomly rolled for that power.

Nemesis Powers are too obvious to mention.

Optional Power should include Regeneration and Self Revival.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
Re: The Last Duskbladeâ„¢ Presents: Supernal Resistance
March 17, 2008 11:23AM
It's an interesting power. Very powerful but interesting. I shudder to think of that power at Unearthly or worse yet, Shift Z. ::!o

All in all, it makes more sense to me than CSing.

Re: The Last Duskbladeâ„¢ Presents: Supernal Resistance
March 18, 2008 01:57PM
I personally find it cool, but a bit too powerful, even for a 2-slotter. Perhaps if the resistance was limited to twice the power's rank it would be a bit more manageable.

Daniel M. Perez
Highmoon Media Productions
www.highmoonmedia.com

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.