4C System

Posted by Daniel 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
4C System
March 06, 2008 02:27PM
Hello. I've been reading through the threads here for a couple of days now, but I just joined. I just got back into this game thanks to my friend Mark, though not exactly via the actual Marvel RPG, but rather through the new open version released last year, 4C (4 Color).

This is an open version of the rules released to the public domain so that publishers and fans can release FASERIP compatible material without getting into legal problems.

I was wondering if the folks in this community had heard of 4C and/or had any experience with it. My company, Highmoon Media Productions, has begun to release products supporting 4C/FASERIP and there are others doing so as well.

I'd love to hear from you guys and gals on this. You can find the free 4C System core book at [www.lulu.com].

Daniel M. Perez
Highmoon Media Productions
www.highmoonmedia.com
Re: 4C System
March 06, 2008 02:41PM
The 4C System is well known around here. I've been been talking about it for months. I'm not sure if anyone knows about the new material that is available. However, I have been working on my own version of the core rules and have been released periodic updates on my progress. My latest post should be on this page or the next as it was somewhat recent.

Thanks for letting people know about the other products.

TAG
March 06, 2008 03:00PM
You can find the new material over at RPGnow.com, in the 4C System page: [www.rpgnow.com];

I'll take a look at your post on the game.

Daniel M. Perez
www.highmoonmedia.com
March 06, 2008 08:00PM
Thanks for the headsup Daniel. I wasn't aware that someone had put out something
with the 4C stuff yet! (I was one of many who contributed to the production of the free
'generic'.)

Cheers,

Niniri

March 06, 2008 08:11PM
Yeah, 4C came out and then kind of languished there for a while, but there's been some activity lately. We have Heroic Moments going on, as well as some more stuff in the planning stages (my developer is just nuts about this system, which is awesome). Vigilance Press has an NPC book called World Metahuman Factbook out as well (you need to do a search for the title until the author gets around to adding the 4C tag for searches). And Seraphim Guard, which hosts the free core rules, has a whole setting coming up, as well as some sourcebooks (I know of one dealing with headquarters).

So yeah, cool 4C stuff out there and more coming out. One of the reasons I hope this site can endure (aside from the fact that I, as a fan, love all the material in here) is that it is such a great community and precisely the people that will get the most out of these new products for this classic game.

Daniel M. Perez
www.highmoonmedia.com
March 07, 2008 06:06AM
Thanks, Daniel. I'll look for that later today. :)

March 12, 2008 11:33AM
Just a quick heads-up that the World Metahuman Factbook I mentioned above is now on sale for $1. You can find it here: [www.rpgnow.com]

Next Monday, St. Patrick's Day, I will be releasing a new Heroic Moments themed for the day, also for $1.

And to round this up, I can tell you that there is a lot more new 4C material coming down the pike! Remember this is all compatible with the FASERIP system and go to town.

Daniel M. Perez
www.highmoonmedia.com
March 12, 2008 09:09PM
Daniel Wrote:
> Just a quick heads-up that the World Metahuman
> Factbook I mentioned above is now on sale for $1.

What?!?
I just bought it last Thursday at a princely sum of $1.69!

Tremble and Obey!
[games.groups.yahoo.com]
March 13, 2008 01:54PM
I know, so did I. The publisher decided to extend his sale beyond GM's Day and dropped the price a bit more.

On the plus side, maybe at $1 more people will get it!

Daniel M. Perez
www.highmoonmedia.com
March 16, 2008 01:18PM
I just wanted to take a moment to let you know a couple of things that will be happening concerning the 4C System, the open version emulator of the FASERIP system.

First of all, there is new support for the system coming soon from various companies. From my own, Highmoon Media, expect a new Heroic Moment tomorrow, St. Patrick's Day, and a new one after that in about 2 weeks. We have about 5 more Heroic Moments in development and a lot more ideas, so this series is going to keep growing. In addition, we will be starting a new series, The Genesis Files, which will present a way to explain a charcter's origin via a drop-in story hook along with some mechanics. We also have signed a partnership deal with the popular podcast Fist Full of Comics & Games to bring their superhero alter egos to the world of 4C.

From Vigilance Press, there is a new World Metahuman Factbook in the works, and as soon as it is written, I'll be doing layout and putting it out. More WMF are planned, as well as some other stuff Charles has been kicking around, including some martial arts mechanics for 4C.

Seraphim Guard has a 4C version of their campaign setting Gatecrasher in the works, as well as a sourcebook on headquarters and lairs.

And the biggie, we will be launching a 4C central website to rally the fandom around. We are using MutantsandMasterminds.com as a model in the sense that it provides a central location for a fan of the game to get news, product info and community resources. We are still planning this and I will let you all know once this is closer to reality so you can give your thoughts on things you'd like to see there.

So, 4C is here to stay and growing stronger by the minute. Remember that 4C material is perfectly compatible with the game you know and love, and it's a way to get new stuff for your game after all these years. If there's something you'd like to see for 4C, be sure to let us know. You can email me, or drop by the interim 4C forums at [highmoonmedia.com].

Daniel M. Perez
www.highmoonmedia.com

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.