Q-Class Show and Tell

Posted by The Rook 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Q-Class Show and Tell
March 04, 2008 04:05AM
Hey everybody!

We're about two weeks into my PBEM game (that I shilled on this site under the "Welcome to the Xavier Institute!" thread) and I wanted to drop the Forum and update let you guys know how we're doing.

So far--so good. All of the PCs have made it to the Xavier Institute and met their classmates. They have discovered that the Xavier Institute uses a three-tiered system: The X-Men (the senior team), the New Mutants (the junior team) and "Q-Class" (their team). The "Q", in this case, stands for "Quantum"...chosen because everybody on the team has the potential to develop into an Omega-Level mutant (a quantum evolutionary leap). They've gotten a tour of Xavier's Mansion and had lunch with the New Mutants. Currently, the've met about 60% of the relevant allied NPCs that I'll be introducing in the game. Additionally, they've heard all about the main villains that threaten humanity at this stage...although they've yet to meet them. "Yet", of course, being the operative word.... :D

Right now, they're about to undergo their "Calibration Sessions" (which is really shorthand for their initial Danger Room foray), basically to show the Professor what they know and are capable of doing, at the moment. They're (for the most part) locked, @#$%& and ready to rock for their first bit of action!!!

Everybody seems to be having fun with the game so far. I've gotten some very nice positive feedback from the Players involved. For their part, they are some of the best Players I've ever gamed with--a veritable All-Star cast of Role-Players, in their own right.

Guys (and gal), go ahead and post to this thread some of the stuff you'd like to share with the Forum for "show and tell"!

The Rook
(Judge, "Q-Class Campaign")
Re: Q-Class Show and Tell
March 04, 2008 12:32PM
I'd like to share that those who didn't join up (other than those simply too busy to of course) have been missing out. The setting is interesting and lots of NPCs to interact with and fill any holes that the PCs don't have covered with regards to skills/powers/abilities. Magneto as a dedicated hero is also nice to see, although being the '1st level mage' of the group I'll have to leave all the knock-down action to the rest until I 'level up' to fireball rank. :)

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.