Danger Room!

Posted by Taarna 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Danger Room!
February 27, 2008 02:03PM
What are everyone’s favorite memories from the X-men’s danger room?
Re: Danger Room!
February 27, 2008 04:08PM
I liked the scene in X-Men#1 [Claremont/Lee] where Gambit tries to make out with jean, and then Jean blows up in his face. The following back and forth from Cyclops and Prof X. about dropping a truck on Gambit is a highlight.

I also enjoyed the scene in Astonishing X-Men during the Danger Story Arc where the Danger Room started emulating Hell with a bunch of Students and Kitty trapped inside.

February 27, 2008 04:18PM
The limited series where Kitty Pryde thought she's emulate the Well of Worlds only to have the residual energies in Nightcrawler call the actual well there and draw him into the world that matched up with the one from her Fairy Tale she told to Illyanna along with some others I think.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
February 28, 2008 08:19AM
For shame, NM! I thought for SURE you'd say: "the memories you're about to create in the new, awesome PBEM I'm in!"

The Rook
(who has very hurt feelings right now! ;) )
February 28, 2008 08:22AM
...And for the record, mine is X-Men #143, where Kitty is fleeing for her life from the N'Gari that has invaded the Mansion. She lures it into the Danger Room, which she sets for maximum lethality in order to try and stop the demon...but to no avail.

The John Byrne-art is great and the intensity of it--one of my favorite issues--makes that one a powerful memory for me. :)

The Rook
February 28, 2008 09:59AM
That WAS pretty impressive, although the DR did delay it long enough for her to get to the Blackbird and use its jets to kill it. A feat that you know had to impress everyone, especially Wolverine, and coincidentally enough Pirate Kitty's version of the Blackbird, the giant dragon, had a reference to a similar event in that parallel reality.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

February 28, 2008 10:13AM
Ahhh but I'm not the one currently touring the DR though, and Perceptor's more of a 'look at my contributions to science' kind of guy. ;)

-- Peter David

February 28, 2008 12:47PM
One of my favorite Danger Room memories was in the cartoon series Spider Man and his Amazing friends.

Professor X gives Spider Man a crack at the danger room, except the traps and devices do not have safety features on them because a cyborg villain disabled them.
February 28, 2008 01:26PM
The What If where Jubilee uses the Danger Room against a rampaging Sabertooth.

OR

The time that Mastermind tricked the X-Men into believing that Cyclops was Dark Phoenix, and Cyclops essentially kicked the whole team's butt with the Danger Room.

February 28, 2008 02:05PM
Well Cyclops had the benefit that the room's designed to beat everyone (and after the retcon to make the room Sentient it was probably quite happy to help him smack the others down, and probably explained why it broke down so much).

-- Peter David

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.