Who Could "YOU" Beat?

Posted by Lafarallin 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Who Could "YOU" Beat?
January 24, 2008 11:21AM
Right, which is why I referred to 'David Vs Goliath' with Punisher doing more crippling damage to the Rhino than the Hulk has done to the Rhino, or doing more damage to the Rhino than Rhino has suffered from atmospheric reentry and crashing into the Earth.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 24, 2008 02:03PM
When did the Rhino fall from orbit? I must have missed that one.

January 24, 2008 02:16PM
It was during the period when afterwards he believed he was fused to his costume; although some references say it was bonded to him by the Leader who acquired him after his crash to use for one of his many schemes as muscle. Either way he did survive reentry after some battle he'd been in (although can't remember which one since I haven't been able to get to my Hulk comics in over 10 years).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 02:18PM by Nightmask.
January 24, 2008 03:33PM
Well the gun the Punisher used was in essence full auto mini missiles, so it's understandable that the Rhino's hide got shredded.

January 24, 2008 04:00PM
Here's the page where it happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 04:09PM by Punstarr.
January 24, 2008 06:20PM
My gaming table of 7 guys played a campaign which was pretty similar to this topic......

Write up Our personal stats and play them verse fictional characters....

But really, it just complicated the Game (and to a small degree REAL LIFE)....... We got the idea in our heads that ‘REAL’ goals could be met with success by using the ‘Marvel’ means of measurement to gauge and calculate ‘REAL’ growth and achievement.......... Just like using it as a clock or ruler...

Like exercising or studying more..... Simply to find out ‘IF’ a real person can improve straight TY:06 stats to GD:10 or even EX:20....... And at RM:30..... Hell, you’d be at the “TOP” of your Abilities and making “LOTS” of Money as a professional.

And it worked to a degree because it solidified and focused our personal goals of achievement..

But even at my ‘PEAK’ abilities when I was about 25 to 30 years old, I would have been NO match for ANY fabled ‘Super’ Character.......

And to be quite honest, I was in “Shape”...... But unfortunately I lacked Focus and Commitment in any one particular Sport...... (Just other fuggen life responsibility and shiz gets in the way)

Yea I could ‘Fight’..... But not as talented a Pro Boxier or UFC Fighter..... Probably GD:10...
Yea I was ‘Fast’...... But not fast like a Pro Track Athlete or Gymnast..... Probably TY:06...
Yea I was ‘Strong’...... But even still I probably only had TY:06 Strength with a few Plus Shifts.
Yea I had ‘Endurance’..... This was probably my Strongest ability when I was younger.....

Thanks to High School, College and the U.S. Army simply ‘Pushing’ me every single fuggen DAY...... But even still, My Endurance was possibly EX:20 at best......... Maybe RM:30 under certain conditions........

And Mentally.... I’m nearly brain dead...... Probably straight PR:04.....

I’m a BIG fan of UFC, Soccer, Racing, Sports... And all that stuff...... But for me it’s all crushed dreams......

But the current generation of professional athletes and scholars ‘Dedicate’ their entire life to a particular field....... Most of these top rung ‘Olympic’ and ‘Professional’ Humans start at 10 to 12 years old.... And they remain hard-core focused.......

And if these people don’t compete; They see it as Failure and Failure is NOT Authorized!!!!

Everything else in life is just do the bare minimums / Pass it Off / get it done / outta the way / scrape by the skin of the teeth / back to their Passion.

And still, Cap’n’America / Bat-Man / Punisher / Dead-Pool / Snake-Eyes / and ANY of the ‘Human’ Comic Characters could be placed into ANY event and still out class a ‘Normal’ human....

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
January 24, 2008 08:08PM
My Physical Stats, maybe:

Fighting: Excellent. Perhaps Good, but then I'd have more Martial Arts attached.
Agility: Excellent. I'm fast and pretty accurate with something thrown or shot, but I'm not *that* great.
Strength: Good. Today I benched 340. Not my personal best, but consistent with how I lift.
Endurance: Remarkable. I'm pretty athletic, and my workout regimen is for both strength AND stamina.
Reason: Excellent. I have two Masters degrees, and my IQ is higher than normal, but I'm not a super-genius.
Intuition: Good. I'm not a detective, but I'm not slow on the uptake, either.
Psyche: Good. This may even be higher in a world of supers. If I'm determined, little can stop me.

Health: 80

Relevant Talents:
I'm not going to add any Martial Arts here, since I think I factored the overall sense of physical wellness in my Attributes. Likewise, though I'm skilled with firearms, I opted out of taking the Guns or Marksmanship talent. I will, however, take the Wrestling talent, since I know how to apply Strength into hold and position myself for leverage.

If I were minmaxing myself, I'd add Martial Arts A, B and E, as well as the Guns talent. But I think without them, I've done a pretty fair job of presenting myself.
January 26, 2008 01:17PM
I would think you'd have to get real lucky.

And you'd have to expend Karma.

Remember, as a PC instead of an NPC, you do get some extra "breaks" in the game and from the judge.

So where as "Mark the bystander" might throw a brick at a bad guy who was hurting Spidey, "Mark the PC" might be smart enough to drop a brick from the top of a building, expending Karma in the hopes of a stun result.

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
January 26, 2008 03:43PM
I think that i it is a foregone conclusion that if your *average* human could in any way compete with a superhuman, or even their lackeys, then there wouldn't be much need for *super*-heroes.

There are (or were) of course a fair number of mutants that aren't much more than average humans themselves, so provided a person could get the drop on one before powers came into play, a win is viable.

Of course, here are the stats of your average human from an Industrialized country...

F - Poor (no experience, no training, has been conditioned to look to outside agencies to deal with violence)
A - Typical (lets be generous)
S - Poor (few people can military press 200 lbs under any conditions, optimal or otherwise)
E - Poor (most people drive everywhere and work non-physical jobs)

Health: 18

Not a fella who is likely to be able to weather a power attack from even the lowest level of mutants or superhumans!

I personally have been statted as follows...

F - Good
A - Good
S - Poor (Hey, I'm only 145 lbs)
E - Typical (would be Good if my chin, not just my stamina, was taken into account, but... whatever)

Health:30

I've always had an easy time handling the brawlers out there, even the ones that have "never lost a fight", but other than my older brother, have never had the privilege of fighting a trained and naturally talented fighter. Nevertheless, there are going to be guys who are at least as skilled and talented, who are also bigger and better conditioned... like most villainous lackeys. I'm not saying I couldn't beat a lackey, but I'm not saying I could either. However, even against, say, the Beetle (hahaha...) I'm not going to stand a chance. Against most of Daredevil's enemies... most of them are cleaning the floor with me. Pretty well any mutant could beat me IF they got a chance to bring their power into play... though I'm pretty sure I could make Leech my @#$%& ;-). Most of the other heroes either have a high level of training combined with awesome conditioning and mucho natural talent, or have powers that would simply be too overwhelming... though a few fall into the same category as mutants, ie. "maybe IF...".

So, most of us humans, no matter how good we are... simply aren't super... we're outclassed. HOWEVER, give some of us a super power, a genetic tweak or two, and we could easily be competative with a fair number of mutants and superhumans.

Me and mine have been sporadically playing a campaign that involves real world selves. Our powers aren't competative in rank with your usual Marvel characters, but we can dominate pretty well anything you might find on the street, and find a good challenge in facing numerous "pros", eg. ninjas, mercs, special agents, etc. So far the only other superhuman we've encountered has received his powers from the same source as us and so operates at the about the same power level... though his speific combo of powers made him a match for at least two of the three of us, but then he had his zombie minions to back him up!

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
January 26, 2008 09:56PM
Yea... I agree, it FUGGEN SUX being ‘Normal’....

Almost all ‘Normal’ Humans simply can’t even match up to the lowest Rung Heroes or Villains.....

I mean ‘IF’ Wolverine was a ‘REAL’ person.... He’d simply ‘DOMINATE’ the UFC / Pride Fight Ring / K1 / Or any other Full Contact Sport; in every weight class; even the heavy weights would be dropped like flies.....

And Wolverine wouldn’t even need to use his claws or any Karma.

Then consider Characters such as Bat-Man / Cap’n’America / The Panther / Cyclopes / Cable / DeadPool / Slade / Beast / even Robin or Bat-Girl....

PPFFTTTTT!!!!! A Normal Human would be waxed in 5 Seconds in ANY type of athletic competition......

That’s why Super Heroes wear Silly Tight Costumes with the under-draws on the outside............

Hell Yeah!!!!! Look at my Butt..... I can break bricks with the crack of my azz!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!

Even during my 6 year Army Enlistment I had the opportunity to be around SPEC-OP infantry soldiers...

And these Guys are FUGGEN Brutally cross trained over a wide spectrum of athletic skills.....

And 90% of these ‘Humans’ can only hang with the Gauntlet for about 5 to 7 years....... Then they get a desk job and return to ‘Normal’........ (Washed-Up Fat Fuggers polishing a chair with their Azz)

SEALS / Rangers / Marine Recon / PJs / Green Barrets...... There is reason why they’re called the ‘ELITE’... They’re just so Fuggen High Speed it’s disgusting......

And their Exercise ‘Maintenance’ regimen is ALL FUGGEN DAY LONG / EVERY FUGGEN DAY.....

Then, I’d probably rank ‘Professional’ Athletes about Rank or 2 Above SPEC-OP infantry soldiers..... But a SPEC-OP infantry soldier ‘MAY’ have a little more Karma to work with.....

Even still, In Marvel Stats their FASERIP attributes would only be GD:10 to EX:20, and maybe borderline to RM:30 with 1 or 2 (Maybe 3) Plus Shifts on a Talented task or skill......

As Punstarr mentioned in a prior post.... ANY Heroes or Villains can effortlessly wade through SWAT Teams.

January 26, 2008 10:42PM
TankerAce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yea... I agree, it FUGGEN SUX being
> ‘Normal’....
>
> Almost all ‘Normal’ Humans simply can’t even
> match up to the lowest Rung Heroes or
> Villains.....
>
> I mean ‘IF’ Wolverine was a ‘REAL’
> person.... He’d simply ‘DOMINATE’ the UFC /
> Pride Fight Ring / K1 / Or any other Full Contact
> Sport; in every weight class; even the heavy
> weights would be dropped like flies.....
>
> And Wolverine wouldn’t even need to use his
> claws or any Karma.
>
> Then consider Characters such as Bat-Man /
> Cap’n’America / The Panther / Cyclopes / Cable
> / DeadPool / Slade / Beast / even Robin or
> Bat-Girl....
>
> PPFFTTTTT!!!!! A Normal Human would be waxed in 5
> Seconds in ANY type of athletic competition......
>
>
> That’s why Super Heroes wear Silly Tight
> Costumes with the under-draws on the
> outside............
>
> Hell Yeah!!!!! Look at my Butt..... I can break
> bricks with the crack of my azz!!!!! HELL
> YEAH!!!!!
>
> Even during my 6 year Army Enlistment I had the
> opportunity to be around SPEC-OP infantry
> soldiers...
>
> And these Guys are FUGGEN Brutally cross trained
> over a wide spectrum of athletic skills.....
>
> And 90% of these ‘Humans’ can only hang with
> the Gauntlet for about 5 to 7 years....... Then
> they get a desk job and return to
> ‘Normal’........ (Washed-Up Fat Fuggers
> polishing a chair with their Azz)
>
> SEALS / Rangers / Marine Recon / PJs / Green
> Barrets...... There is reason why they’re called
> the ‘ELITE’... They’re just so Fuggen High
> Speed it’s disgusting......
>
> And their Exercise ‘Maintenance’ regimen is
> ALL FUGGEN DAY LONG / EVERY FUGGEN DAY.....
>
> Then, I’d probably rank ‘Professional’
> Athletes about Rank or 2 Above SPEC-OP infantry
> soldiers..... But a SPEC-OP infantry soldier
> ‘MAY’ have a little more Karma to work
> with.....
>
> Even still, In Marvel Stats their FASERIP
> attributes would only be GD:10 to EX:20, and maybe
> borderline to RM:30 with 1 or 2 (Maybe 3) Plus
> Shifts on a Talented task or skill......
>
>
> As Punstarr mentioned in a prior post.... ANY
> Heroes or Villains can effortlessly wade through
> SWAT Teams.

All good points. I guess what I was thinking was a step up from real life Spec Ops....more like Marvel versions of Spec Ops. Perhaps with a little super soldier serum or something like that. Giving them at least a bit better then real life average abilities. Then throw in a few handy gadgets from the likes of SHIELD or something similar.

I would want it to be pretty challenging though and require a bit more creative strategies to win the day.
January 26, 2008 11:55PM
That's what's happening right now in the comics with the SHIELD Cape Killer troops.

January 27, 2008 05:18AM
Well..... A Gaming Table could maximize (and justify) all the stats and get some fairly decent Characters...

Characters who could indeed stand their ground in a given game scenario..... And for the most part ‘Comics’ are meant to exaggerate......

So Maximized Marvel Soldiers would probably be right around these states.... Give or take a few Shifts.

Average Army or Marine Corps Infantry (MOS 11B and similar training like 19K ‘TANKERS’)

+F : EX: 20
+A : EX: 20
+S : GD: 10
+E : RM: 30
+R : TY:06 to EX:20
+I : TY:06 to EX:20
+P : EX: 20 to RM:30 (Maybe IN:40 for some individuals)

Health : 80 to 90 (100 Maxed, but no less than 50)

Expert Talents Rendering [+2 CS]

FireArms | Explosives | Demolitions | Land Navigation | Military | Infiltration | Automobile Driver | Mechanical Tinkering |

Normal Talents Rendering [+1 CS]

Resist Domination | Survival Arctic, Desert, Jungle, Sea, Urban | Electronic Tinkering | Sky Diving | Martial Arts BCE | First Aid | Security | Investigation | Computers | Climbing |

Individual Soldiers may be trained with specific Talents such as Gunnery, Mechanic, Admin, Cook... etc.
Individual Soldiers may take advantage of various Military Resources allowing access to weapons and secure areas and information.... Often upto [+1 CS] for Top-Secret level 1... (Confidential)

Average SPEC-OPS Infantry (Seal, Ranger, Reconnoissance, Para Trooper, Delta Force.. etc)... SPEC-OPS Infantry Soldiers are often college educated and hold 2 or 3 various Military Occupational Specialties (MOS)... SPEC-OPS Infantry Soldiers are often in very good physical condition even if they are fat fuggers or super skinny bone heads.....

+F : IN: 40
+A : EX: 20 (Maybe IM:25 for some individuals)
+S : GD: 10 (Maybe EC:15 for some individuals)
+E : RM: 30
+R : GD: 10 to EX:20
+I : GD: 10 to RM:30
+P : RM: 30 to IN:40 (Maybe SP:45 for some individuals.... Officers)

Health : 100 to 110 (120 Maxed, but no less than 80... Very close to PEAK Human)

FireArms | Explosives | Demolitions | Land Navigation | Military | Infiltration | Automobile Driver | Mechanical Tinkering | Electronic Tinkering | Resist Domination | Survival Arctic, Desert, Jungle, Sea, Urban | Sky Diving | Iron-Will | Martial Arts ABCDE | Sharp Melee Weapons | First-Aid | Law Enforcement | Security | Stealth | Swimming | Climbing | Tumbling |

SPEC-OP Soldiers may take advantage of Leadership even if they have low Military Social Ranks.
SPEC-OP Soldiers may take advantage of Bi-Lingual Talents. 2 Languages; English and one other.
SPEC-OP Soldiers may take advantage of various Military Resources allowing access to weapons and secure areas and information.

Average Fighter Pilots... Aircraft Pilots and Various Battle Ship Commanders under go much of the same training as SPEC-OP Soldiers and Sailors.... However, they tend to let these Talents and Training slide off since their entire life is dedicated to some form of high tech battle craft or Social Leadership for 1000 men or more.....

The Navy, Marines and Army actually have better success Training aggressive Fighter Pilots, While the Air Force tends to train Average Pilots with a few very Elite Career Aircraft Pilots.

+F : GD:10 to EX: 20
+A : GD:10 to EX: 20
+S : TY:06 to GD: 10
+E : EX:20 to RM: 30
+R : EX:20 to IN:40
+I : GD:10 to RM:30
+P : EX: 20 to RM:30 (Maybe upto AM:50 for some Social Leadership Officers)

Health : 80 to 90 (100 Maxed, but no less than 50)

FireArms | Total Navigation | Military | Infiltration | Pilot nearly any vehicle | Mechanical Tinkering | Electronic Tinkering | Resist Domination | Survival Arctic, Desert, Jungle, Sea, Urban | Sky Diving | Iron-Will | Martial Arts ABDE | First-Aid | Law Enforcement | Security | Stealth |

Pilots and Battle Ship Commanders are always Military ‘Officers’ allowing [+3 CS] for Leadership.
Pilots and Battle Ship Commanders may take advantage of various Military Resources allowing access to weapons and secure areas and information.... Often upto [+3 CS] for Top-Secret level 1, 2, 3, and 4.

________________________________________________________________________________

Modern Military Soldiers and Sailors are put through a fairly gnarly array of Physical and Psychological Abuse as Education... Basic Training isn’t SHIX compared to follow up classes....

If fact, a Career Military Person will attend ‘School’ at least twice per year... And the very first hurtle for Class entry is Physical Fitness, even if the Class is entirely academic.

If your Childhood was all FUCT-UP and Stressful and Chaotic... Military Challenges are often met with relative ease. The Modern Military is also extremely structured and disciplined from a social standpoint. Just about every endeavor a person may take up is centered on self-improvement.

The Military basically Prison with out Locks and Cages.

Nationality is normally irrelevant, but NATO and Allied Nations World Wide normally train the best Soldiers and Sailors. Cross-National training is the Current ‘Norm’.... Most U.S. Troops may send years attending classes in Korea, Russia, Germany, or just about any other nation’s Military... Like wise, Allied Nations will send their Troops through American Classes.

3rd World Nations normally have Physically and Psychologically Weaker Soldiers, but these Soldiers normally have greater Will Power or ‘Sprit’ allowing them to use Karma more efficiently.

After all the crazy shix these guys endure, normally they develop many social, psychological, and physical problems upon release from Military Duty. Often these issues are expressed through Alcoholism, Drug Abuse, Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, Violent Behavior, Eccentric Behavior, Depression, Emotional Outbursts and Anxiety.... And possibly permanent crippling injuries.

This will normally render the individual at Straight PR:04 and TY:06 FASERIP (Give +1 CS to 1 or 2 Attributes)......... Basically, they just aren’t firing on all 8 cylinders anymore, Physically or Mentally.

Normally, the only means they can use to recapture some of their Decaying Glory is to take up a civilian occupation that is moderately stressful and challenging, such as Law Enforcement, Criminal Investigation, Fire Fighting, High Pressure Marketing, Body Guard or High Level Government Security.....

And sometimes they become Criminals or Gang Members and climb to Social Leadership quickly.

In any case they may regain their motivation and rekindle their inner fire... But, often they just get Married to some fat chic who gives good head, Raise a few Kids in a chaotic dysfunctional family, get divorced, and find themselves in financial debt until they die...

And their Children grow up to repeat the cycle.

January 27, 2008 06:01AM
I'm familiar with that last part.

Nice points all around.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
January 27, 2008 09:03AM
I'm less generous than your modeling, Tank, but yeah...your SpecOps people could have a template, as follows:

Fighting: Somewhere between Excellent and Incredible. Vital support staff might scrape by on Excellent, but the large majority of these people would be in the Remarkable-Incredible range. Part of that comes from being able to say they can go toe-to-toe with the spandex set, part of it comes from fighting being an intrinsic part of daily conditioning. Also, the people selected for this job wouldn't be "normal Joes", really.

Agility: Minimum of Good, up to a maximum of Incredible. Most operatives would probably fall in the Excellent range though, with a smaller minority hitting Remarkable rank. An extremely small minority might cap at the Incredible rank, and likewise some might scrape by on Good Agility. Again, these are people trained to be quick and accurate.

Strength: Typical to Excellent. I'd say that the majority of operatives would have physical training as part of the job. Typical Strength would represent support people, but almost every operative would have Good Strength. A small few might have Excellent rank, but they are the exception as opposed to the rule.

Endurance: Range between Good and Remarkable. Almost all of these operatives would have Excellent rank. Support roles may or may not have lowered Endurance, but only a small number would have Remarkable rank.

Reason, Intuition and Psyche: Those are ridiculously variable, depending on the nature, tone and role of the operatives involved. If they're meant to be "cape-killer" attack troops, the selection/recruitment process--and mental requirements--would be far different than a group of scientists trying to explore/contain the superhuman population.

So on the Physical end, a typical SpecOps agent would have:
Fighting: Remarkable/30
Agility: Excellent/20
Strength: Good/10
Endurance: Excellent/20

Health: 80

Not bad. These operatives are pretty dangerous and could present a threat to D-List superhumans, but aren't able to go up against the X-Men anytime soon. Their best bet is using teamwork, tactics and special gear to bring a target down.

Hope this helps.

WolfSpider 2008!
One of the most powerful villains in the Marvel U?
January 27, 2008 04:32PM
The Threat (in Real life)

F: Typical
A: Typical
S: Typical
E: Poor
R: Excellent
I: Good
P: Good

So It would seem like I wouldn't have much of a chance to beat any supervillains...

how about one of the most powerful villains in the Marvel U.. a near cosmic entity?

You see.. let's get back to the issue of the poor endurance. I have had sleep apnea now for the last year and a half. Before I got it treated, the doctor said it was one of the worst cases he ever saw. I was sleeping in a kind of No-man's land sleep. It was real enough that my body was unconscious..but I was not getting any proper rem sleep.

So who is this mystery villain that I could beat?

NIGHTMARE

Recall that Nightmare's main weakness are beings that do not truly sleep or dream. Dr. Strange is a sound sleeper so he has big problems with him.

I don't have any special training with the army.

But I can beat someone that a Navy Seal couldn't defeat.

Makes ya think.
January 27, 2008 05:23PM
I'd be even more conservative in my estimations...

Fighting - the thrust of modern warfare is not personal HTH combat, and so this aspect of warfare is not stressed and excellence is not a prerequisite. I wouldn't rank your average specialized solider at more than Excellent, and would be more inclined to give them a Good with the addition of Martial Arts talent/s.

Agility - as with fighting aptitude, athleticism is not the thrust of military training and doesn't involve the focus and specialized forms of training that it takes to create, say, a world class decathlete. I choose Good once again... making them a cut above the masses, but not necessarily world class material as a general rule of thumb. Thems would be some thin ranks if only world class need apply.

S - most well conditioned men of average weight (170 - 200 lbs) fall into the Typical category of strength, guys like NFL linebakcers and Heavy Weight powerlifters generally fall into the Good category, while only historical exceptions can claim Excellent Strength. So, I rank these special forces at Typical... a size and build that also maximizes the soldiers overall physical prowess, ie. stamina, athleticism, speed, and makes it easier to cram them into various military vehicles.

E - the upper limits of human conditioning, as made evident in some of the more physically "normal" superheroes, eg. Daredevil, Hawkeye, etc. seems to be Excellent. There is no doubting the conditioning of your average soldier, and while the might not be able to reach the levels of your typical 110 lbs. world class marathon runner, they have to be placed near the top anyhow... so Excellent.

Reason - they have to be able to operate the technology they are required to use if nothing else, so I'd give them a Good on average... or Typical with appropriate Talents.

Intuition - their powers of observation and general instincts probably operate way beyond that of your average Joe (their lives depend on it!) so at least a Good.

Psyche - what makes them suspectible to orders from the in-group makes them more resistent to influence by outside forces.... so Good... or perhpas Typical with the Resist Domination (or like) talent??

So, the end result is...

F - Good
A - Good
S - Typical
E - Excellent
R - Typical
I - Good
P - Good

Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
January 28, 2008 04:26PM
From a 'Gaming' stand point, most players are simply hungry for
numbers.... And generally RPG players associate 'Soldiers' with higher
stat numbers.......

Realistically, that's not the case..... But for an RPG, let the
fantasy roll a little bit....

Powersurge has the correct stat numbers... Straight TY:06, maybe upto
GD:10 with some plus shifts.... And Endurance around EX:20....... Only
about 2% to 5% of the mass ranks would have 1 Skill at RM:30...

The mental factors (RIP) may go up decently... Brains over Brawn and
Technology over Muscle is the general trend of Modern Warfare....

A ‘PRO’ Athlete has better Stats for Marvel…

February 02, 2008 09:19PM
Forbush man
February 03, 2008 12:17PM
Even with his "no power"? (:!D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2008 12:18PM by Punstarr.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.