Ultron vs Nimrod

Posted by Galactus 1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ultron vs Nimrod
October 20, 2007 03:11PM
This would be a Great Battle two of the most Advanced Robots ever.One programed to protect Humans and one who Hates Humans.I would say Nimrod takes this because it seems he can come up with any weapon and strategy to defeat a enemy.Ultron being Ultron he can come up with cunning plans himself.What are your thoughts on this Robotic clash of Titans
Re: Ultron vs Nimrod
October 20, 2007 03:28PM
I think that Nimrod is simply too advanced and capable of far too much versatility for Ultron to stand much of a chance against him.

Nimrod wins, hands down.

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
October 20, 2007 03:39PM
Stalemate because if you don't prevent him from transmitting his core programming elsewhere and fail to destroy his secret lab where his computers work to recreate him and make new versions Ultron always comes back somehow.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
October 20, 2007 06:26PM
Powersurge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that Nimrod is simply too advanced and
> capable of far too much versatility for Ultron to
> stand much of a chance against him.
>
> Nimrod wins, hands down.

Agreed.

October 20, 2007 06:45PM
The descision: Ultron is pounded into scrap metal.
October 20, 2007 07:39PM
:D Ultron is pounded into scrap Metal comment by Blacklight is so Funny:D:D
October 20, 2007 07:45PM
Now now, not all versions of Ultron are made of True Adamantium, especially when he unleashes his occasional blitz with multiple versions running at the same time.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

October 20, 2007 08:14PM
all this robot talk makes me want to restart my Heavy Metal all robot campaign together again.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
October 20, 2007 09:04PM
Nimrod. He can adapt a magnetic defense that will be all too effective against ultron. Difference between being designed 30 years ago and designed a hundred years from now.

October 20, 2007 10:35PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Stalemate because if you don't prevent him from
> transmitting his core programming elsewhere and
> fail to destroy his secret lab where his computers
> work to recreate him and make new versions Ultron
> always comes back somehow.

An advanced computer virus should not only prevent this, but allow Nimrod to make Ultron his "female-dog".

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

October 21, 2007 12:41PM
I really think you all underestimate Ultron he has nearly Killed the Avengers in times passed.I still think Ultron would be beaten by Nimrod.
October 21, 2007 02:43PM
So Nimrod is from the future, right? What if Nimrod faced the version of Ultron that will have evolved by his time in the future?
October 21, 2007 03:54PM
that's assuming there was an ultron left by that era. The sentinels of that time weren't too keen on competition.

October 21, 2007 04:08PM
Given the Sentinels are in the game of wiping out anything not a normal human and Ultron isn't a super-being as long as he wasn't in their way the Sentinels would ignore Ultron, which means he could destroy prison camps for example without complaint. Only attacks on normal humans would involve them and he'd be difficult to track since he's a robotic lifeform like them rather than something their organic analyzers are designed to locate. Plus the Ultron of that reality might have incorporated Sentinel technology to increase his versability and created a competing Ultrons group to their Sentinels group.

-- Peter David

October 21, 2007 04:16PM
Ultron's purposes are at odds with the sentinels, plus the aggressiveness of his programming would prove threatening to that century's master mold along with whatever operating system and directives it's programming was meant to uphold.

The very fact that Ultron would scavenge off of Sentinels in order to achieve his aims would mean that indulging such a creature that could analyze and potentially corrupt sentinel directives would be dispatched post haste.

October 21, 2007 05:13PM
I don't think that we're underestimating Ultron. He's smart, has a tough shell, and pretty well none the the Avengers have the capacity to exploit it's real weaknesses.

Nimrod is also smart, quite resilient, can analyze weaknesses, and can "evolve" new technologies *on the spot*. He is fully capable of, and should be entirely expected to, both learn of and exploit Ultron's weakness with specialized tech and strategies custom made for opponent and the particulars of the immediate circumstances.

So, Nimrod is everything that Ultron is, but significantly more to boot.

I mean, hey, they don't call him *Nimrod* for nothing, right?

October 22, 2007 03:17PM
Yeah Ultron and the Sentinels would Clash without a Doubt.I could see Ultron reprogramming them to Destroy Mankind in a Heart beat.Ultron is a super Genius in creating Robotic Life. I could see him Analazing Furture Sentinel Tech and using it for his Goal of Destroying Humans.
October 22, 2007 03:19PM
I'm not so sure Ultron's tech is superior to Sentinel tech.

October 22, 2007 04:28PM
I am not saying it is Punstar I am sure it is not,however Ultron could probaley use it for his Evil plans bo wa wa hahahahahaha.:D
November 11, 2007 09:43AM
Galactus 1 Wrote:
> This would be a Great Battle two of the most
> Advanced Robots ever.One programed to protect
> Humans and one who Hates Humans.I would say Nimrod
> takes this because it seems he can come up with
> any weapon and strategy to defeat a enemy.Ultron
> being Ultron he can come up with cunning plans
> himself.What are your thoughts on this Robotic
> clash of Titans

I know I'm late, but I just came home from major brain surgery. So I will just say Nimrod is the winner. Versatility and abilities that simply out class Ultron. Not to mention his learning ability that adopts a defense to your attack & nullifying its future use, which is the predecessor to Doomsday's similar ability!

But, good fight question!:D

"POWER.... WITHOUT "perception" is virtually USELESS.... and therefore of NO.... "true" VALUE"

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.