Gal - Ac - Tus

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gal - Ac - Tus
June 30, 2007 09:08PM
Greetings,

Does anyone know if the MSH missions: Cosmos Cubed, Ragnarok and Roll, and The Left Hand of Eternity are taken from an actual comic book storyline or simply written for the game? If they are from comics I would love it if someone could tell me what titles and issues it is included in.

Thank you in advance,

TLD
Re: Gal - Ac - Tus
June 30, 2007 09:13PM
no it's all just an adventure for the rpg.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
June 30, 2007 09:30PM
But a good one though, since the rest of the modules even with just one or two of those pre-generated characters from the cosmic series you'd have little if any challenge in the rest. Just look at the timewarp series, in the first module you return to WWII, just Thor alone would guarantee a win, let alone the Silver Surfer or Gladiator, and even more unbalanced for the Gang Wars series.
Gal - Ac - Tus
June 30, 2007 10:00PM
For me it was the best of the missions produced for the game. More challenging and interesting than the rest.

Thanks for the quick reply's.

TLD
June 30, 2007 10:17PM
It does give you an interesting challenge, especially dealing with all those godly realms and having to reassemble Galactus for that second module. I think though Mantis was a poor choice for a cosmic character in that series, Quasar would have been a better choice (although could be he hadn't reached acceptable status as a cosmic hero when the modules came out).

I mean sure she's the Celestial Madonna, but that just means she was meant to breed a cosmic child, not that she herself was cosmically adept and powerful. She's had the child, he's grown up now, she's back in her original body, and just doesn't have what it takes to be cosmic.
July 01, 2007 09:03PM
Nightmask Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But a good one though, since the rest of the
> modules even with just one or two of those
> pre-generated characters from the cosmic series
> you'd have little if any challenge in the rest.
> Just look at the timewarp series, in the first
> module you return to WWII, just Thor alone would
> guarantee a win, let alone the Silver Surfer or
> Gladiator, and even more unbalanced for the Gang
> Wars series.

You just lost me with this post. Those cosmic guys have nothing to do with the other modules you mention. This trilogy was the best modules of them all.
July 01, 2007 09:13PM
Yes, because only the cosmic trilogy gives you any chance to enjoy playing cosmic-level characters. In all the other modules (except perhaps the Nightmares of Futures Past) if you tried to use cosmic grade characters, even just one or two, you'd never have a decent challenge and mostly just walk through them. You only get the one module series that's specifically set up for the players who like to play cosmic-class characters.

Oh, and I tend to think of the Nightmares of Futures Past modules as the best, even with their flaws (like the AS-1A armor being written poorly, and the alpha/omega sentinels lacking the adaptability they should have), but the cosmic trilogy comes a close second.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 09:14PM by Nightmask.
February 26, 2008 01:56AM
You know one thing I did think was cool about these missions was that you could bring in a lower level character and Uatu the Watcher would boost them up for the duration of the trilogy. If I had someone to Judge for me I'd love to play an X-Men squad for those. Put a team of your favorite X-Men together and get Uatu to raise their levels, then go thrashing around the godly realms.

Now that I think about it I've never even played the Nightmares of Futures Past modules. Me and a couple of friends started to but never finished. Like to do that someday too.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2008 01:57AM by The Last Duskblade.
February 26, 2008 02:07AM
The only downside of course is having to go back to normal once everything's all said and done after battling at the level where you even chat with Eternity for short bit. Plus some characters given the rules involved would end up with all powers at Shift-X and nothing below Monstrous for FASE which most aren't used to. Would be fun though getting to run Starfox through that module series, or Frostfire.

Gee, considering The_Rook likes running X-men style stuff perhaps we can 'persuade' him to try a simple Nightmares of Futures Past module setting on the side. :)

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
February 26, 2008 02:13AM
Dude, I'd like to run Halo through that trilogy. He would be so outrageously powerful. But yeah that does suck having to be put back down to your old power level afterwards.

You know what we could do is run the whole Nightmares of Futures Past in our current game but as a Danger Room mission. Wonder if we can get The Rook to go for something that nutty. (:!P) I'm only half serious about that, so don't go thinking I've lost what marbles I do have.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
February 26, 2008 02:31AM
Not so nutty, especially if you read Knights Of The Dinner Table. Their GM decided he wanted to run some space-based campaigns and take a break from their long-running Hackmaster fantasy game, and so they were set up with a nice ship, into which the group's Rules Lawyer set about using his uber-computer skills to program a simulation using the Holodeck of their hackmaster game to play WITHIN the space campaign.

I wonder how a 'Everyone's a GM/Everyone's a player' thread would work out? Everyone posts in a randomly determined order, with the first person setting up the setting and everyone responds to that, then the next person takes over to move it along from his take on the start point and everyone responds, and so on. Something like those writing groups do to encourage creativity. Using the Nightmares of Futures Past setting would give a nice framework and eliminate a lot of 'baggage' to worry about from continuity. While it'd be a slow game having to wait on each round to play out could end up quite rewarding.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

February 26, 2008 02:35AM
Sure, I can see how that would work. It would take a bit of set up but it could be done. I'd really love to play the Cosmos Cubed trilogy again. It's been like fifteen years since I went through it last. Took my brother through the first module about six months ago though. Not the same.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
February 26, 2008 03:07AM
I'd seriously love to play through the Cosmic Trilogy, I'd be hard-pressed to pick a character though. Starfox is the most logical choice but Frostfire is pretty much cosmic class given her elder demon status, and Gadget's got the magical might and knowledge even if she's obsessed with technology. Ah well, worry about that if and when someone decides they'd like to run such a game. Always fun to dream though.

We'll have to see if The_Rook would like the idea of a side campaign with more powerful characters that would let him be more of a player as well. We've access to all the game's modules to settle on a setting to run through and give everyone the same starting point without the CP cap for the submitted PC. Given a setting like the Nightmares of Futures Past and Cosmos Cubed in particular you need someone who's tough and resourceful in order to survive.

-- Peter David

February 26, 2008 05:52PM
Next time I play the Cosmos Cubed thing I'm going to take more than one character, and one of them is going to be my Mimic type, power duplicator. He'd come in real handy in Ragnarok and Roll. Plus I want to bring Quietus on a mission too. Doesn't have to be the cosmic series, although that would be cool.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
March 04, 2008 10:09PM
Thinking about my character Quietus [www.classicmarvel.com] on the cosmic trilogy....he would be awesome with his Death Sense boosted up to a maximum of Shift-Y effect. Could be cool to see how his power is effected by being in the various lands of the dead, or dealing with the death gods. Perhaps he'd have a good chance of keeping the whole team alive, considering all his other stats would be boosted up as well.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2008 10:10PM by The Last Duskblade.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.