I have a "What" question for you

Posted by TankerAce 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I have a "What" question for you
January 01, 2008 05:07PM
Alright.... I have a "What" question for you.....

Everyone on these forums has seen the "What" powers would you want..... OR "What" Stat would you raise topics..... And even some of the "Character -=VS=- Character" and "Is this guy's Power Really CL:5000" topics touch on my next question a little bit.....

What in Hell (or Earth) would you use your "Powers" for????

To spread peace and tranquility for the Greater Good of Mankind....

OR

Dominate the Human Civilization with an IRON-FIST....

Explain how and why you'd use your fantastic "Gifts".......

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
Re: I have a "What" question for you
January 01, 2008 05:47PM
Hmmmm, well going by the powers I would have gone with on the 'What Power would you take' thread, namely Immortality, Cosmic Awareness, and Matter/Energy Control I suppose I'd be somewhere in between. I'd certainly apply the powers to deal with some of the big-ticket problems in the world, like track down and ensure the capture of key criminals who're essential to the major world crimes, like terrorism and the drug and slave trades (Cosmic Awareness, got to love it). Being human though I'd also make no apologies for using those powers to see myself comfortably wealthy and set myself up with someplace nice and relaxing to get away from the problems when not dealing with eliminating the humans key to triggering greater suffering far beyond their grasp.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 01, 2008 06:10PM
Well if I had Unearthly Self Duplication and Amazing Body Resistance, then I'd become a cop and clean up the city! WOOT!
January 01, 2008 06:14PM
*chuckles* A one-man police force? Well just remember that unless you're quite physically fit and/or well-trained for fighting even Unearthly True Invulnerability won't keep you from getting your head handed to you by a street gang if they caught one or two of your copies without support. One-on-One though it'd definitely give you the advantage though since you could wear someone down just by never taking damage from them in combat while they won't enjoy those benefits in comparison.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

January 01, 2008 06:24PM
TankerAce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alright.... I have a "What" question for you.....
>
>
> Everyone on these forums has seen the "What"
> powers would you want..... OR "What" Stat would
> you raise topics..... And even some of the
> "Character -=VS=- Character" and "Is this guy's
> Power Really CL:5000" topics touch on my next
> question a little bit.....
>
> What in Hell (or Earth) would you use your
> "Powers" for????
>
> To spread peace and tranquility for the Greater
> Good of Mankind....
>
> OR
>
> Dominate the Human Civilization with an
> IRON-FIST....
>
> Explain how and why you'd use your fantastic
> "Gifts".......

It explains what powers I had, and how much I could use them. I do think peace, star travel, and anti terrorism is where I would focus.
January 01, 2008 09:04PM
I'm about 98% certain I would use my Powers and Gifts for "EVIL".....

The ONLY reason I'm not a heartless cold blooded killer now is because I'm 'vulnerable' as a pathetic and weak Human Being....... And consequences CAN be enforced by punishment...... I'm forced to be nice and gentle....

Now, let me explain why I'm almost certain I'd be an EVIL and Diabolical MO-FO..... And it's not just for peer attention....

Because I'd try a role at being 'Good'..... But I'd get Angry or Frustrated about situations and KILL or use some other violent means to solve the problem...

As a Kid, I was abused and raised in a hopelessly Drug Addicted house hold..... Killing my Step Dad and Real Father (and pretty much the entire house hold) would have been REAL pleasurable for me, as well as killing off a number of their friends and associates....

Since I am a 'WEAK' human, my alternative was running away and going into a 'Gang'........ But this was the Mid 80's.... And Gangs were a positive outlet for troubled teens....

And even to this day, I regret not doing the dirty deeds...... But I was scared shizless of going to prison or being killed myself...... And when I reflect back, Knowing some the things I know now..... I possibly could have gotten off Scott-Free...

And when i was old enough I joined the Military.... But in my Military Service I dealt with some pretty gnarly MO-FOs...... The kinds of people who NEED to be KILLED.....

And most people would probably say..... 'You'd feel Guilty and your Soul would be tarnished'..... But I'm sure this particular 'DEED' would have been doing a positive service to society.....

And this is probably where my TRUE EVIL would come to fruition...... Every 'EVIL' act I'd simply justify as a Positive Service to the Greater Good of Mankind..... I'd probably repent in a Church, looking for spiritual guidance....

But realistically I'd probably gain 'Reversed Karma' as a psychological power.... Actually gaining more 'Karma' and emotional / mental strength with every 'EVIL' Deed.......

The 'Power' I listed was Shape Shifting, and the Stat to be raised to Human Maximum was Endurance.... I choose those abilities to take LOADS of punishment during my assassination 'Missions'....... I'm fairly positive 'Assassin' or 'Terrorist' or 'Crime Load' would be my life aspiration as a 'Super Character'.....

January 01, 2008 09:28PM
I really hope that's a fictional autobiography.
January 01, 2008 09:52PM
Hey, yer pretty damn honest for an "EVIL" MO-FO TankerAce. I dig it.

I would be hard pressed myself. Being a Spidey fan growing up with the whole "With Great Power Comes Great Responcibility" which helped keep me on the straight and narrow while also growing up in the same kind of environment as TankerAce and even living homeless at age twelve with my once then messed up parents, who recovered with the help of their children. I can honestly see where you are coming from TankerAce, "then". But now, after learning the chain of events that lead up to our misfortunes and rather glad I no longer think that way, and yes I do regret having to grow up so fast and missing the oppertunity to live a desent child hood. But I look at my past as a reminder or a learning lesson for myself and my future children.

I would choose to be a Vigilante. My wife says it would depend on my mood but I'll admit being human I would be tempted on some days or as my wife would say, what mood I'm in, to do questionable actions. That's why I'd boarder on Vigilanteism. I like what Nightmask would do with the whole defeat all the Crimelords of the world and terrorist thing and I'd follow suit with Nightmask 100% but I'd also help myself with the funds of those crooks in question. Sure it's blood money, but hey, somethings gotta pay for my secret layer and tech toys.

Oh, on powers. Immortality, Body Transformation "Strongest Metal on Earth" (which ever that might be these days) and Prabability Manipulation. (My house rules version)

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2008 09:56PM by RAGNARoK.
January 01, 2008 10:07PM
Glad you like my 'take out the lead domino' plan, since it's a great way to generate benefits way beyond what you get taking out the guys at the bottom (prevent a hundred suicide bombers for example by stopping the sick-minded people who recruit and 'train' the poor deluded fools). When you can play around with matter though you don't need their money, although would be wicked fun to use Cosmic Awareness to learn where they're hiding all their liquid assets and how to access them and transfer the cash to say UNICEF or WHO or Doctors without Borders. :) Besides with that Probability Manipulation you could probably just win various lotteries and bets and not need the drug money.

-- Peter David

January 01, 2008 10:40PM
Of course I would use it to win various lotteries, it'll helps pay for the gas on my Tomahawk street quad... A vigilante has gotta have some killer wheels ya know.

I would mainly use prabablity manipulation to do the job with guns blazing, Make it sporting to watch the evil crooks run for their lives while nailing them without a hitch, like the luck power that Longshot uses. I would though, like to include Cosmic Awareness to the list of powers...You have a valid point on its usefulness.

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2008 10:45PM by RAGNARoK.
Joe
January 01, 2008 10:46PM
If you can have two powers, what about the "Good" luck power for yourself, and the "Bad" luck power for your foes? That would be interesting to see. :)
January 01, 2008 11:36PM
*chuckles* Cosmic Awareness is the way to go, just look at how often Captain Mar-vell had someone trying to ambush him and he'd step to the side without missing a beat because he knew they were there. Danger Sense and Infinite Information without having to Google it online in one nice package. :) Plus there's the benefit you get for things like combat by helping you precisely target your attacks for maximum effect, whatever effect you're going for. So whether looking to incapacite by knocking a crook out with an impossible bullet nick off someone's skull or kill shot to the heart you've got it made. Depending on how creative you wanted to be you could be like Action Man or Amadeus Cho doing amusingly complex and freaky stunts and defeat opponents with things like watermelon seeds or cream pies.

-- Peter David

January 01, 2008 11:44PM
*ROFLMAO* "DEATH BY CREAM PIES!!!"

flam-ing.
-noun

-verb (used with object)

-Verb phrase

January 01, 2008 11:53PM
I can just see it now as a the little sidekick yells, "Golly Omi-Guy! who would'a thought that cream pies made him breakout in hives, rendering him incapacitate".

Omi-Guy, quickly hides his disbelief of the outcome before his sidekick could notice and suddenly stand proud as he looks about the horizon. "I knew that. It's what I do."

flam-ing.
-noun

-verb (used with object)

-Verb phrase

January 02, 2008 02:09AM
Well....

I think I would have Flight, Invisibility, Phasing, Stealth, Mind Control and Power Creation. And then, I, as "Mr. Nobody" would quickly carve out a very lucrative, hedonistic lifestyle for myself.

Hey, I'm human and "in touch" with myself. I know who I am. I can't deny that the lure of that kind of power would be too, too great.

The Rook
(who sort of feels...dirty now)
January 02, 2008 03:33AM
:) If you ever saw the Action Man cartoon you'd almost expect something like that, he always had at least one event per episode where he used his special power to compute how to create a cascading event series where no matter how complex the threat (think the villain choice for Spider-man in the first movie multiplied by at least five) he could analyze his environment and figure out how to make it work out to his advantage. Sadly though the show lost appeal after they took him from being a lone hero and made him part of an organization centered around using him to defeat world threats. The shift in focus pretty much ended the series.

-- Peter David

January 02, 2008 03:53AM
Yup.... That's an accurate tale for Incognito....

And I'm sure most other people have had similar experiences in which they were just 'Vengeful'....... And the only thing that keeps us from acting upon our 'Vengeance' would be the lack of Power, Skill, Ability, or Knowledge to execute that Revenge....

If I were to be granted ANY paranormal 'Super Power' I'd use it for self gain until I was immortal or damn near omnipotent, then build a Social Empire and defend it with Lethal Force..... Or convert any would be enemies into the Empire.......

I'd also have about 100 to 200 wives.... All of them lethal Ninja Chics to birth lots of TankerAce rug-rats........ And those kids would be trained in lethal arts by age 5 or 6...... Not abusive, but definitely combative in some sense........ Smart kids build Weapons..... Brave kids use those Weapons.....

Weak kids, ain't Happening......

My Brother Hood and Sector Kings would also be imparted the same privileges....

So in a way, I'd still be a hero to the Kingdom I serve........ But an absolute 'Villain' to those who oppose me..... But Global Domination would be on my mind....... Not to destroy, but build a Global Harmonious Society....

That's probably why I'm not the President, or gifted with fantastic intelligence........ The Middle East would be bombarded until it is all but GONE, or converts to U.S. Rule.... Mexico, Canada, and most of Europe would be under U.S. Rule.... Australia would be the U.S. head quarters for the entire southern hemisphere..... Antarctica would be a continental Science station and its collective goals would be focused on using Earth's magnetic polar fields as some sort of Shield or Weapon.... Against Extra Terrestrials....

And all of China and Asia would be speaking English..... Other Languages would be abolished..... Only unless those Languages were used to better the U.S. Empire...... Besides, English is historically known as the 'BEST' form of combat communication..... Simple, Brief, and to the Point........ But Science studies to enable Human ESP or Psychological Telepathy would be researched until it is a reality...... And Languages would be obsolete..

Education, School, and Academic Sciences would be paramount for ALL humans..... You don't graduate until you DIE....... But there would be parties every 4 years.... Teachers would be recognized and decorated.... Combat Teachers would be promoted to Kings...... Most Humans would be go to School and Work....

Also.... Physical Conditioning would be next to 'Paramount'...... All these obese people in the U.S..... You would not have the chance to get obese....... You control your destiny when you lose that spare tire, until then..... Fiddy Laps around the building and read this Shakespeare book while your at it.....

And Medical Research would be focused on making people live strong and healthy for longer time frames.... Rather than just keeping them barely alive to make financial prophet for a hospital or insurance agency.......

Transportation and Energy Technology..... You'd fly to your Job and Classes... In which Rifle Marksmanship is your first order of business...... 1 Year of Piloting School though..... And fossil fuels would only be used to generate electricity for really remote areas of the solar system...... Simply because those places aren't developed yet...

We'd have human habitat stations on the Moon and Mars..... And most of the Asteroid belt would be fortified with weapons...... People of these Job types would be Socially Honored as the most prolific minds of the Empire.....

And all the millions of satellites buzzing around Earth, watching other nations because we can't Trust each other...... Those would be turned outward looking for the next Hospital Planet to conquer....... Because eventually our Sun will go Nova......

Unless I could figure out how to prevent our Sun from going Nova....... And at that point I'd simply use it as a weapon to annihilate enemies of the Empire, both Foreign and Domestic....... You know... some sort of precision guided Sun Beam of DEATH.....

Now that's a Fuggen Old Man Rambling about some Shiz.......

January 02, 2008 04:04AM
Oh, while it's on my mind, what prompts the desire for Body Transformation over say True Invulnerability? Do you just like that armored look or is it the combination of increased strength and durability plus the usefullness as a disguise so you could vigilante without being tracked back easily to your family?

Myself I'd be using the matter/energy control to simply get around invisibly or work from a distance in order to protect my (hopefully) Secret ID.

I have to say also looks like Tankerace has a well-thought out plan if he ever got the power, and I do like his mandatory education and physical fitness standards, as the US is decidedly in need of both. I have to chuckle a bit sadly though at the deal about Mexico, since we might as well have kept it when we conquered it instead of just cutting off that chunk to make New Mexico, since they're all running up here anyway. At least the place would have advanced along with us technologically and socially and wouldn't be flooding the US with illegal unskilled workers like it does now.

-- Peter David

January 02, 2008 07:33AM
I'd develop a power stunt variant to my micro-environment power so I can create tesseract geometry "nano-environments" within it sufficient to give a thown rock the force of a railgun.

You don't wanna know what I could do with this and a tungsten rod.

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
January 02, 2008 07:42AM
I've always wanted to be a superhero and (provided my powers gave me a fantastic body), I'd be just cheesy enough to wear a superhero costume. So yeah, I'd totally do the hero thing.

For my powers I'd want True Invulnerability, Flight, Super Strength and Endurance and Regeneration... maybe an energy blast. Basically the Superman package. I'd want to be pretty safe and invulnerable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2008 07:47AM by Punstarr.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.