Writers' strike could almost make me cry...

Posted by Mark 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Writers' strike could almost make me cry...
November 30, 2007 10:07PM
I've said it all in my subject line, and have nothing deep or helpful to add: The writers' strike could almost make me cry...

Maybe not real tears, but it does make me sad. Real sad. On one hand, I do feel for them. On the other hand, my little family gets some nice together time watching certain shows, and some much needed laughter watching others.

I am sad about it.
Re: Writers' strike could almost make me cry...
November 30, 2007 11:45PM
A good time to buy up some DVD sets to tide the family over, like the Greatest American Hero and He-Man and the other old-time quality shows that have been coming out on DVD.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
November 30, 2007 11:51PM
I've got an idea for a show!

Why don't we film a group of writers living together in a house and each of them are issued a challenge to create a show about real people living in a house together that are forced to write shows about people living in a house together.

Writers strike?

What writers?
December 01, 2007 12:00AM
*makes the sign of the Cross* They warned we'd be tortured with more of that falsely named Reality programming to fill the holes created by the writer's strike, as the craving for entertainment and lack of intelligence and ability to present educational programming like PBS (and the public indoctrination to reject learning) feeds the replacement with 'reality' TV.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
December 01, 2007 12:56AM
Bah.

I think it demonstrates a very poor command of the English language to call 97% of what has appeared on television in the last 10 years the product of "creative writing."

Good thing they invented the X-Box 360. Televisions were becoming practically useless around here.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.