The God of Thunder

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The God of Thunder
November 22, 2007 11:51AM
On my recent trip to Norway I got a few pictures of Thor in the Oslo city center. Just wanted to share one, in case there are any Thor fans here. ;)

TLD
Attachments:
open | download - Thor - 1.JPG (126 KB)
Re: The God of Thunder
November 22, 2007 02:07PM
Cool stuff Duskblade!

I always wanted to take a trip across NW Europe and visit all of the holy sites that I've read about, and visit other sites of historical significance.

Anyway, lucky for you and your trip! If you have any more pics you want to post, I'd sure be interested!!

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
Another Picture
November 22, 2007 08:00PM
This one is of an early Christian church.

TLD
Attachments:
open | download - Norfolk Church.JPG (102.5 KB)
Re: Another Picture
November 26, 2007 01:40PM
Nice pictures Thanx
Re: Another Picture
November 27, 2007 03:46PM
Nice design... very Norse.

Now imagine that all decked out with gold and silver.

The description of the great hof (heathen temple) at Uppsala is described as being all decked out in gold. And when Charlemagne sacked the Irminsul Hof of the Saxons he is said to have carried away a "great amount of gold and silver".

One clear example, and one hazey might not be that much to go on, but I suspect that this was the standard for Teutonic temples. Even in the Bronze Age massive amounts of gold and silver were imported into southern Scandinavia for the sole purpose of being given over to the gods.

I suspect that the "goden halls of the gods" spoken of in the Eddas are in fact references to actual earthly temples.

Imagine the sight when the sun struck them just right. Wow!

Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.