new game continuum

Posted by The Beyonders 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
new game continuum
November 23, 2007 06:23AM
First, an introduction...

"I am from Beyond! Slay your enemies, and all you desire is yours!"

Just kidding. (Sorta...) I've been playing and gamemastering the TSR Marvel and the old Mayfair DC Heroes game since they came out in the 80s, and reading comics (both Marvel and DC) for around 10 years before that.

Needless to say, I'm pretty much a comic book and RPG geek, with nearly 35 years worth of comic book trivia in my noggin.

I cannot stress enough how absolutely kick @#$%& it is to have found this website / forum.

Anyhow, of all my favorite campaigns to run, a combined Marvel/DC Multiverse. Not-Amalgam, but rather a single continuity - for example the JLA and the Avengers originated, live, and operate from the same Earth reality and always have, Aquaman and Namor rule seperate domains on the sunken continent of Atlantis, Imperiex is a temporal iteration of Hyperstorm / Abraxas, the Squadron Supreme are survivors of a reality destroyed in the Crisis on Infinite Earths, there's something quite similar about the Captain Universe and Strange Visitor powers, the Guardians of the Universe were the first to master Cosmic Cube technology to create the Oan Central Power Battery for the Green Lantern Corps (and also contain the Fear Lord Parallax, or "Dweller-in-Darkness" by another name).

As you can see, my mind has been laying down ideas to hold these two universes as one with minimal tweaks to origins and backstory as possible. With the crazy stuff going on in both Marvel and DC these days, all I can say is thank the Source that Superboy-Prime cracked the M'Kraan Crystal with all that beating and banging. ;)

Eventually, I'd like to get an online PBEM or forum game rolling in such a game universe as I described. But first, I'd like to swap ideas and talk shop with others who might be running combined MU/DCU game settings.

So, hello!

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
Re: new game continuum
November 23, 2007 10:32AM
Nice to meet you! Welcome to the boards. :)

November 23, 2007 10:37AM
Welcome, and feel free to start slinging ideas around.

TLD
November 23, 2007 01:48PM
Welcome aboard! Looks like you've got a Plan in mind, Beyonders. Looking forward
to hearing more about it!

Cheers,

Niniri

November 23, 2007 02:04PM
Pleased to meat you! Always interesting to see what milieus people play in.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.