Daredevil the Movie

Posted by Tormain 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Daredevil the Movie
October 27, 2002 06:59AM
I just watched the trailer for Daredevil the movie and I was wondering what anyone had heard about it. I know that kingpin is black and the general stuff, but I was wondering if they were including stick, or any general overview of the plot (no spilers please. I actually want to watch it.)

I think it looks like it should be good, but has serious Matrix influence. What does anyone else think?

Jesus Saves! The rest of you take damage.
Alabar
Re: Daredevil the Movie
October 27, 2002 10:14AM
Where did you see the trailer?

Alabar
Darkhawk 76
October 27, 2002 11:37AM
www.daredevilmovie.com That's the official site with pics and the trailer. As for Stick I have no idea. But I'll give my $2.50 to see the movie.

"To each their own."
October 27, 2002 12:24PM
$2.50? Where do you live 1950?

DG X(

Marvel > DC
Darkhawk 76
October 27, 2002 03:01PM
Nope a nice small town of about 10,000 people where the mvoies cost $2.50 and the popcorn costs about $30 a bucket with free refills. In fact it use to cost $1.50 then they raised the price about 2 years ago to $2 and as of last year it is $2.50 and we're still mad about that. LOL

"To each their own."
October 27, 2002 06:17PM
Should be interesting to see.
The technology is here to be able to do justice (if you pardon the pun) to the character. Lets hope the actor they choose is upto the task.

Fangs
>>| |-- ::!o --||<<
"Yes it the Game has bugs"
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
October 27, 2002 06:41PM
Actually, I saw the trailer on Entertainment Weekly this morning. It was a lucky spot, I NEVER watch that show. It looks really good, but some scenes seem to look like they are out of the matrix. If you haven't seen it check it out. It looks good.

Jesus Saves! The rest of you take damage.
illmatic
October 27, 2002 10:13PM
ben affleck is daredevil and michael duncan clarke is kingpin
Kaz
October 28, 2002 12:57AM
I don't like what they did with Bullseye and I'm wary of Garner as Elektra. Clarke should be a good Kingpin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm the rest of his life
Darkhawk 76
October 28, 2002 09:53AM
I agree with the Bullseye, but the actor they have is a good one and I think he can pull it off. Colin Ferrell. He played in "Hart's War" and "Tigerland" He's a good actor so I doubt his character alone would hurt the movie. About the only weak point I see is Elektra. Sure Jennifer does good on "Alias" But that is no Elektra. I can't say anything bad about Ben Affleck or Michael Clarke Duncan. Good choices on both accounts. Just proves they tried to get a good cast with some nice actors to fill the shoes.

As with "Spider-Man" the costume will be the biggest gripe. I can already here it now."That's not what he looks like in the comic books." And god forbid they change any of his powers, go to one of those die hard Spider-Man sites and see what they said about his web casting.

But now that Marvel has proved that they can make some good movies lets hope they don't get stuck in sequals and just make anyone into a movie. 3 years from now when they make "Speedball" we'll know they hit the bottom of the barrell.

"To each their own."
October 28, 2002 11:42AM
I agree. Put Bullseye in his comic costume and he'd just look like a tool. And I think Garner being good depends on wether or not she can drop that good girl demeanor that slways comes through in Alias.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
Epyon
October 28, 2002 11:53AM
The story will be crucial. I think most of the actors will do fine, as long as they have a decent story to work with.

I must say the casting of Michael Duncan Clark as the Kingpin surprised and concerns me. Clark hasn't shown great range since "The Green Mile," and doesn't seem to have the charisma and presence necessary for the role. The Kingpin, to me, is all about an understated menace and physical presence. I really hope he's not played as a big, scheming criminal who laughs menacingly.
October 28, 2002 12:03PM
So true. The Kingpin is someone who plays his evil cards a little closer to his chest than most.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
Alabar
October 28, 2002 01:06PM
The cheap theatre here is $1.99! Course that's if you want an old screen and to slide on the floor, not to mention see the movie about 3 months after everyone else.

Alabar
Spirit
October 28, 2002 02:14PM
We see new films at a theater for 3.50 between 4-6.
Not bad.

The movie looks fine so far to me.
And I was actually amazed that they bothered to keep the costume that close to the book.

I'm sure the movie will at least be better than DD's TV appearance. At least the costume's already better.
October 28, 2002 05:14PM
DD was on TV?

DG X(

Marvel > DC
Spirit
October 28, 2002 05:56PM
Yeah, the Hulk TV movie "Trial of..." DD was pretty wimpy and wore a lousy black Zorro-like costume.

However, John Rice Davies played a perfect campy, yet creepy Kingpin.
Not sure the new Kingpin will be quite as cool.
Spirit
October 28, 2002 06:11PM
Here it is. My spelling was off.

[www.allmovie.com]

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.