Unbalanced!! DC Heroes RPG converted To MSH

Posted by Silverbolt 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Unbalanced!! DC Heroes RPG converted To MSH
September 10, 2003 02:40AM
I don't feel it's stupid, just different and uncomparable. DC just has more powerful heroes.

Someday there will be no racism.
Thats the day aliens will attack.
Then we will all hate green people.
September 10, 2003 07:56AM
Not so!! Neither strenght rules are stupid...I believe not comparable by normal standards.

For example, Supes strenght is not all raw strenght. Its a combo of his strenght and his telekinesis. This explains why he can move planets etc.

DC normally blurs where one power start and then next one begins as well. The main one that I can think of is Superman's and Superboy's Telekinesis. It is hard to tell when they do strenght feat if it is a telekinetic one or raw strenght.

Anyway, it is a way the two stats evenly (MSH and DCH). However, it would let some characters to have insane or meger stats if some mods were not made in the process.

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
TaskmasterX
September 10, 2003 09:28AM
Those stats for Supes look exactly like the ones I came up with and posted on my site : [http]

I've had nice battles of Supes vs. the Avengers using those stats. I also have other rules that I use which are at : [http]

Supes would loose Karma if he threw a full Strength ShiftZ blow at someone like Cap and kill him! If one of my players did that, they'd be severely penalized for not role-playing the character correctly.
September 10, 2003 10:41AM
Again More Unbalanced Stats!!!!

WHAT'S UP WITH THE SUPERMAN FAMILY OF CHARACTER!!! They all Suck because they are too powerful when converted.

SUPERGIRL

Fighting: Amazing (50)
Agility: Amazing (50)
Strenght: Shift X (150)
Endurance: Shift X (150)
Reason: Typical (6)
Initution: Excellent (20)
Psyche: Excellent (20)

Health: 400

Resources: Shift 0
Popularity: 40

Again, these stats are exact translation from DCH and not made up from anyone. However, I don't understand what is up with Strenght in DCH. So what if she dumb as a box of rocks, She should not have stats like this. I might have to make mods based on the standards for Composites for her due to her origin and Aliens for Supes.

SUPERMAN FAMILY CHARACTERS SUCK!!!!!

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
September 10, 2003 12:33PM
Is that the "Earth Angel" Supergirl or the "Protoplasmic Blob" Supergirl, or the Pre-Crisis Supergirl?

And again, if you're only argument for DC character being too powerful is Superman & his "family", that's like saying Marvel only deals with Street-Level Threats and pointing at Spider-Man.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
September 10, 2003 02:35PM
Doc,

I am not bashing DC based on Supes and supergirl. I can post other stats from Pre-crisis character to now where character don't really fit too well with the MSH system because DCH is primarily strength and intellect based. I am bashing the systems more than characters. I converted some character which I agree on the stats for marvel. It also doesn't help that I am anti-supes and anti-batsie!! It's strange that I like most of their villians more than them.

Anyway, that why I am screaming foul. Also, the previous post was of Matrix (Supergirl, the Luther Created One). I wish I can find the current one that are in the books now.

Hope this clearifies things.

September 10, 2003 03:02PM
I blame DC's editors. They're supposed to keep writers within set boundaries for the characters like Marvel generally does.

September 10, 2003 03:25PM
Indeed it does, Silverbolt, I apologize for any unintended hostilities.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
September 10, 2003 04:00PM
Not a problem, Doc.

Let just say, tommorrow...I will scream foul on an amalgram character which I tried to do.....it fits but it scary because it think they are too powerful. I blame the marvel side of this character more than anything.

HEHEHEHE

Enjoy the suspense!!!

TaskmasterX
September 10, 2003 04:30PM
Sorry bout those links

[www.geocities.com]

[www.geocities.com]
September 10, 2003 06:08PM
Pretty cool.

September 10, 2003 08:09PM
Silverbolt, you say those Supergirl stats are an exact translation from DC Heroes. There is no such thing. What conversion chart are you using?

No two people will ever convert a character the exact same way. I think you are getting yourself all out of whack for nothing. There is no perfect conversion system from any one game to another. If you are the GM, you have to decide where you want Superman to be in your game, powerwise, and MODEL the stats.

If I'm running a game with Superman in it I want him to be the most powerful hero on the planet (that's what he is for DC). So I make stats accordingly. He can be the most powerful hero on Earth without having Cl. 1000 or better strength and CL. 3000 Endurance and UN True Invulnerability, etc.

What are you going to do when you start looking at the DC Mages and sorcerors who are given 30 APs of Sorcery. In DC Heroes that means they can do any power they want at 30 APs. I wouldn't classify all of those characters as being at Sorceror Supreme levels, but that's what a straight conversion attempt would do.

MSH Classic RPG System
[rivendell.fortunecity.com]
September 11, 2003 07:25AM
I was using the one from TaskmasterX site due to the better break down on AP to Power Rank. His convertions take in effect of benchmarks in MSH than random guessing. I have looked at about 5 others but most overlooked key benchmarks in the MSH RPG.

Also, Direct translation means I am using stats from DC heroes directly not from made up stats on the web.

And Of Course, there is no "official" conversion method yet.

September 11, 2003 09:41AM
Well Here It Is

This is the First Amalgam I did. She is a bit too Powerful and Unbalance for my taste. But I will let you judge.

Before I give you the stats, I will let you in on the conversion Technique. What I did is I took the stats of the two heroes/villians/whatever that forms the new character and did the following:

Primary stats:
Since this is world is suppose to be the best from Marvel and DC, I took the highest of the two stats for FASERIP.

Secondary stats:
Self explanatory based on MSH rules. Resources is calculated by taking lower of the two stats for this. Popularity is calculated by the following:

If both characters have positive or negative pop: add pop and divide by 2
If charaters have opposite pop (one negative and on positive): Add pop

Talents and Powers:
Talents and Powers transfer over from both characters. Matching talents powers only count once. In the case of matching Powers, user the lower of the two power rank.

And Now for the stats for...........Big Titania:

Big Titania

Fighting: Amazing (50)
Agility: Incredible (40)
Strenght: Unearthly (100)
Endurance: Monstrous (75)
Reason: Excellent (20)
Intuition: Excellent (20)
Psyche: Excellent (20)

Health: 265
Resources: Poor (4)
Popularity: 15

Powers:
Hyper-Speed: Incredible (40)
Body Resistance: Monstrous (75) vs Physical and Energy Damage

Equipment:
Body Armor: Incredible (40) material Strenght

Talents:
Martial Arts A,B,C,D,E
Military
Spacecraft
Repair/Tinker
Computers
Leadership

History:
Big Titania was raised on Apokolips and trained by Granny Harkness to become one of the Female Furies. She met Scott Free, however, fell in love with him, joined his rebel underground movement on Apokolips, and eventually married him.

Big Titania, Scott Free, and the rest of the Apokoliptan rebels established contact with the Earth heroes Diana Prince (Princess Diana of Themyscira) and the Punisher (Trevor Castle) to launch the ground assault against Thanoseid, who had acquired the five Infinity Links and threatened to destroy the entire Amalgam Universe.

While Thanoseid was held at bay by Wonder Woman (Ororo), Scott Free and his fellow Apokoliptan rebel Orion simultaneously struck the Infinity Links, which Thanoseid had already combined into the time-halting Infinity Loop. Although Scott Free and Orion succeeded in fracturing the Infinity Loop and causing it to disintegrate, they sacrificed their own lives in the process

After Scott Free's death, Big Titania became filled with nothing but hurt and rage as her "tender side" died. Although the heroes saved all existence during the SECRET CRISIS OF THE INFINITY HOUR, Big Titania was bitter that they could not save Scott Free -- the only man she ever really loved. The rage-filled Big Titania re-affiliated herself with Thanoseid's Female Furies and eventually became their commander.

"Final Thrust" - Informed by Granny Harkness that Diana Prince would be arriving in the Armaghetto section of Apokolips to search for her kidnapped son, Big Titania decided that she should be the one to "nail" Diana -- considering how close they once were. Upon her arrival, Big Titania attacked Diana Prince; but Diana, who was desperately searching for her abducted son, fought back with unexpected intensity and floored her assailant. But as Diana stood over Big Titania's body and asked her to reveal the location of her son, she was struck in the back and knocked unconscious by the spiked fist of Mad Harriet, one of the Female Furies under Big Titania's command. Admitting to herself that her heart was not in the battle, Big Titania instructed the Female Furies to bring the unconscious body of Diana to Granny Harkness.

The Female Furies brought Diana before Granny Harkness and Thanoseid. The Punisher attempted to rescue her, but was greatly outnumbered by Thanoseid's assembled servants. At the last moment, Big Titania had a sudden change of heart and finally realized that Diana and Trevor (rather than Granny Harkness and the Female Furies) were her true friends. Assisting in the rescue effort, Big Titania incapacitated the Female Fury known as Bernadeth.

With Big Titania's assistance, Diana and Trevor succeeded in finding their son and foiling Thanoseid's vile scheme. Having no further use for Big Titania, a disgusted Thanoseid struck her with his Omega Beams and sent her, along with his assassin Kanto (Ryan Castiglione), where they belonged -- to live with Highfather Odin and the New Asgods across the Bifrost Bridge in the gleaming realm of New Asgard.

You May Now Voice Your Opinions!!!
:)

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.