True Beyonders vs. Living Tribunal

Posted by Emperor Doom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Emperor Doom
True Beyonders vs. Living Tribunal
August 08, 2002 01:55AM
Who is more powerful?!?
Re: True Beyonders vs. Living Tribunal
August 08, 2002 08:12AM
Easy one: The Living Tribunal. The Beyonders are only powerful in their own dimension. However the Tribunal has mastery of all Universes and dimensions.

It would probably be one of those fights that happens but yet doesn't happen, because the outcome would already have been forseen by both parties (deep huh?).

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Metaphysician
August 08, 2002 01:29PM
Quite true. This is the reason you don't have Doc Manhattan fight anyone. . .
Spirit
August 08, 2002 06:10PM
I always hated that "Secret Wars 3" issue of FF. Why destroy such an interesting storyline? Why have a race called Beyoners, if cosmically they're wimps? And why make the guy who started Secret Wars into a crappy Star trek villian/prankster? I find it hard to believe Galactus, Doom, Richards, not to mention everyone in SW II wouldn't have caught on.

Incidentally, LT actually has a stat or two listed at BEY on the Official handbook writeup. He's the only character I've seen who does.
illmatic
August 08, 2002 07:30PM
WHo is Doc Manhattan? Plus that secret war 3 was ok at best. The only thing of impact was doom regained his full memory. Quick qquestion...Whatever happened to doom kristoff? For those who dont remember, doom had it set up if he dies his memories would be download into a kid to live on his legacy. When he disappeared after secret wars, young kristoff took over as doom. When the real doom appeared with missing memories, both versions fought over the throne of latveria. Kristoff was holding down the empire for a minute.
In my world, instead of download his memories into a child, my doom created a more physically fit cloned that was more aggressive in his inventions and pursuits for world domination(if possible). The original doom even had to admit the new doom was a worthy foe. He died of course. With doom resources and less regard for life, he did major damage before he died though.
Spirit
August 08, 2002 07:39PM
Doc Manhattan is a god-like superhero from the Watchmen series.
Spirit
August 08, 2002 07:46PM
There's a Watchmen sourcebook here: [www.angelfire.com]

Doctor Manhatten

F: MN A: MN S: MN E: MN R: Class 1000 I: Class 1000 P: Shift Y
Health: 300 Karma: 2200 Resources: IN

Powers:
Can produce any power at Class 1000
Body Armor- Class 5000
Matter Manipulation Class 5000
Precognition: Class 5000
Total Memory: Class 5000
Life Support: Class 5000
Teleportaion: Class 5000
Telekenisis: Class 3000
Talents: All Science and Engineering. Could effectively gain knowledge of anything however.

Brief Synopsis: A nuclear physicist who accidentally died in a tragic accident, he returned in a few days as an atomic god, a nuclear messiah.
Role-playing Notes: Jon has no free will per se. He sees everything through time and knows what he must and will do. He has almost no surface feelings, but he does feel however.

Granted he's no wolfspider, but who is?
August 08, 2002 08:32PM
Yeah I agree, what they did to the beyonder was a travesty. Though they never should have made secret wars 2 as a joke, which it seemed to be most of the time. The second secret wars should have been mutants vs mutants, which was rumored at the time as secret wars 2 "mutant wars".
Spirit
August 08, 2002 08:43PM
Nice thing about Marvel RPG, SW III doesn't exist in my campaign. Or rather it will, but done more like the first one. It's like one of those really bad movie sequels which ends up ignored by the following films.
It would destroy one of the columns on the chart!
If only Living Tribunal has one ability at Bey, why even have it exist anymore as a rank?
Quantum_Promise
August 08, 2002 11:04PM
Hey Spirit, I downloaded the MSH Sourcebook from Zan's site, and I cant find the page your LT reference is on. A little help?
Spirit
August 08, 2002 11:16PM
Which book did you download exactly?
To my knowledge the Marvel Official Handbooks aren't up there or anywhere else.
They were based on the comic of the same name and covered everyone. Then they put out annual updates (early '90s). They were pages you could out together in a binder, well actually 6 or 7 binders. Most of them used the UPB system, which made them somehwat different than the Judge's book for example.

There's a discussion about them on the message board at Zan's actually.
[www.rabunda.com]

You may need to log first, but it's easy.

Tonight I'll go through my notebooks and find his entry. I can't recall what power or stat they gave him at Beyond, but I'll post it here as soon as I find it.
I really want to know what you downloaded because it sounds pretty neat. Did you get it from the January News section or is there another area?
Spirit
August 09, 2002 05:16PM
Okay I went and looked up LT in the Official Handbook. He has the stats you'd expect, Cl5000 matter manipulation and cl5000 all mental powers. But next it gives him Cosmic Awareness: Beyond.
So it's not really an exciting power, but a power nonetheless.
Quantum_Promise
August 10, 2002 04:28PM
Hmm, that would explain a lot. Apparently, what I dl'ed was the Judges Handbook and the Player's Guide (among others). That could be why I couldnt find it. Sorry to get you excited :(
Darkhawk 76
August 11, 2002 02:58AM
Whose more powerful? The Living tribunal or the Beyonders? That's easy........................WOLFSPIDER!!!!!!!!!!

"To each his own."
August 12, 2002 02:55PM
Who's Wolfspider?
Darkhawk 76
August 12, 2002 03:47PM
See the following and read carefully. Try not to laugh or cry to much.

[www.classicmarvel.com]

"To each his own."
Spirit
August 12, 2002 05:19PM
That's okay, I hope they do decide to put them online someday. I have most of them, but have lost one of the notebooks. I forgot to mention the listings show their stats powers, etc and also a pretty in-depth history of the character.
Gunther
August 13, 2002 07:59AM
Here are my stats for the LT:

Hero Name: The Living Tribunal
Given Name: N/A
()

Fighting: Beyond (—)
Agility: Beyond (—)
Strength: Beyond (—)
Endurance: Beyond (—)
Reason: Beyond (—)
Intuition: Beyond (—)
Psyche: Beyond (—)

Health: Infinite
Resources: Beyond (—)
Popularity: Shift 0 (0)

Age: Unknown (it is believed that the Living Tribunal predates this incarnation of the universe and perhaps others before it)
Gender: Male (truely no gender, but he has always manifested himself as a male humanoid)
Height: Variable
Weight: Variable
Skin Color: Yellow
Hair Color: None
Eye Color: Unknown (glowing light surrounds where eyes would be)

POWERS:
Omni-Power: The Living Tribunal is the most powerful known being in existence. He can use any listed Power or Stunt with Power rank ability, though he rarely does so. He possesses the power to obliterate intire universes if need be. The Tribunal will only do this if the universe is imbalanced in some way (good, evil, neutral, mystical, cosmic etc..) and is a threat to the Multi-verse. The Tribunal exists at all points in time, all mystical and spatial dimension, and all universes in the Multi-verse at the same time, and has no alternate forms. He is the only constant. The Tribunal is the judge of the highest order, and will usually only directly address and hear the most powerful beings in any single universe. (Beyond)

TALENTS:
The Living Tribunal possesses whatever Talent he needs for a given task.

CONTACTS:
Eternity, Death, Lord Chaos, Master Order, Infinity, Oblivion (the most powerful abstract or conceptual beings just under him in power that make up the reality of the universe he oversees, unlike him, they exist in alternate forms in other universes)

DESCRIPTION:
The Living Tribunal is a cosmic entity that manifests itself as a large, yellow, humanoid being with three faces, which represent the three sides of the Tribunal's personality. Its front face, through which it usually speaks, stands for equity. The completely hooded face on the right side of its head represents necessity, and the half-hooded face on the left side stands for just revenge. All three sides of the Tribunal's mind must be in agreement when judging a case requiring possible action before the Tribunal can intervene.

EQUIPMENT:
None.

HISTORY:
See Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Bio.

I've always liked the character, and thus I have collected many comics with him, or those that shed insight on him. In acuality, given the LT Class 5000 in anything is just incorrect today. His original Players Handbook stats where written just before it became common knowledge that he was the most powerful being in existance(could destroy a universe etc..). Eternity and Death have Class 5000 powers(thou, in my game and in the comics, Eternity can perfrom certain Beyond functions, simlar to the case of the Infinity Gauntlet, perhaps when he merges with Infinity etc.), not the higher level LT. Now, it's perfectly possible that the LT will appear in a lesser, avatar like, form in some instances. Thus, he could have Class 5000 abilites in that way. But my stats are for the totality of the LT, which shows his full scope in game terms.

Even the Infinity Gauntlet, which also has Beyond level powers in the game, is below the Tribunal(as proven in Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1). It's only limitation is that it's Beyond abilites are, of course, below and have no affect on, the Tribunal(the Beyond level is by deffinition limitless and wide open to sub-levels, not hard to handle). The Tribunal exists not only beyond the multiverse, but the omniverse as well. As for the question, True Beyonders certainly are nothing to him. Their actual power level is vauge at best, but from what I've gathered, I personally place them just above beings like the Celestials, Vishanti, and Galactus, and in some ways just below conceptual beings(Eternity, Death etc..) in our universe. However, in their own, I give them all Class 5000 abilites(they are similar to Eternity in that they make up their realites, seemed logical).

Just my take on it all.
August 13, 2002 08:24AM
Just read the stats for Wolfspider.......

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Except maybe: PLEEEASSSEEE! DON'T PISS ON MY HEAD AND TELL ME IT'S RAINNING!!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
August 13, 2002 02:58PM
Technically his power to destroy an entire universe is known as The Incantation of Oblivion.

DG X(

Marvel > DC

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.