Marvel-Phile Online has been updated!

Posted by Kythri 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Marvel-Phile Online has been updated!
May 17, 2003 10:31PM
Alrighty folks.

I've updated the Marvel-Phile page all the way up to Dragon Magazine issue #188. I'll get to issue #188 and up after a while.

I've added 46 new .PDF's (not all are MSH/Marvel-Phile, but are good reads anyhow).

I'm looking at purchasing a new domain for my MSH site, so I'll post that URL here when it happens.

Until that time, [msh.kythri.net] should get you there.

Please let me know if there's any broken links, typos/spelling errors, or something missing from the PDF.

Also, if you know of something MSH-related from Dragon Magazine that I'm missing, please email me and let me know - I'll get it up/corrected as soon as possible.
Re: Marvel-Phile Online has been updated!
May 18, 2003 11:13AM
Thanx Kythri, Will begin reading them as I can.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
May 18, 2003 08:59PM
same here

Fangs
>>| |-- ::!o --||<<
"Yes it the Game has bugs"
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
May 19, 2003 11:46PM
Alrighty...

I think that the Marvel-Phile is now complete!

I'm not going to say that it is ABSOLUTELY done, but I don't think that there's any official Marvel feature in Dragon Magazine after Issue #198.

I've got a feature up there from Dragon Magazine issue #207 that's superhero related, but not specifically MSH. I didn't see anything in issues #199 to #207.

I'll continue to go through issues after #207 (up to #250, that is) and see if there's anything that I feel I want on the site.

Is it time for "that's a wrap!" on the Marvel-Phile stuff? I think so.

But never fear. Now that I'm done with this aspect of my MSH site (one of the easiest, by far), I can now dedicate more time to PDF'ing other MSH resources.

Since I've got a bit of time at work, I was also thinking about coming up with a canonical write up of The Vault, since that's been getting a lot of play in the forum. I've got a SAGA reference for it, as well as the information on the Marvel Directory, so throwing in a few researched stats should be able to get me there.

Back to the topic of the Marvel-Phile:

If you know of anything I missed, please, tell me. If you find any errors with the page or with the files, please tell me. Typos, file format issues, missing information, anything, I want to know.

Thank you, and enjoy!
May 20, 2003 12:43AM
And hey, looks like I was just a tad bit wrong.

I've come across some evidence that shows that there are some MSH articles in the following Dragon Magazine issues:

As well as what I think is "Annual 3" and "Annual 4" (but I'm not positive).

If you have these issues, or know where I can get them, I'm in a buying mood...

Let me know!
May 20, 2003 12:47AM
And then, I start to think...

"Hey, those MSH columns in the 250+ issues are probably SAGA related..."

Argh.

It's late.

If you've got those issues, and it's Classic MSH, not SAGA, let me know!
May 20, 2003 10:00PM
Well I took the test.... BBBBBBBBB Man enough and BBBBBBBB brave enough.... it was funny.

Fangs
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
Re: MSH in Dragon 252+
May 21, 2003 03:21PM
First, many thanks for your work on the Philes and making them available!

Regarding the later Dragon articles I found this on the 'net:

Dragon 252:

Home, Sweet Headquarters by Stephen Kenson
Every super hero needs a place to hang his cape.

Dragon 255:

Powers of the Mind by Stephen Kenson
Psionics in the MARVEL SUPER HEROES Adventure Game.

At least 255 sounds like it's for the SAGA game, so I would assume this will also apply to later articles.

In addition to this, considering Kenson's work on Marvel SAGA supplements should support this conclusion:

From his website:
Author: Avengers: Masters of Evil Adventure Book, Live Kree or Die! (Adventurer's Guild Adventure)
Contributor: The Guide to Marvel Earth, Reed Richards' Guide to Everything

Hope this helps!

Folkert

[Edit: Posted a bit too soon!]

On Kenson's homepage the above mentioned articles can be found under the header of Marvel SAGA. In fact, his work list doesn't mention anything on Classic MSH, so that seems to be right out.

Post Edited (05-21-03 14:26)
May 21, 2003 03:55PM
Right on, thanks for the info!

Kinda sucks that they're calling the SAGA crud The Marvel-Phile as well.

I'm going to go through the index that I have to verify that I've gotten everything, but I'm thinking I do.

Sweet.
May 21, 2003 05:12PM
it cant hurt to have the stuff up there. There may be some useful background info on characters or bases that we don't have.

Fangs
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
May 21, 2003 05:41PM
Nah, it can't hurt, but I don't like SAGA =)

If I ever decide to write a conversion of some SAGA things, I might post them, but I'm very anti-SAGA.

Ideally, my site will be dedicated to official Classic MSH works (and a few other assorted works that I think are applicable, like the supplements detailing running good games and what not). Eventually, I'd like to put some space aside for a user uploads area - I'm planning on developing a template for characters, and then allowing uploads of completed templates to the site, which would allow compilation at a later date.

We'll see where it goes...
May 21, 2003 06:18PM
For character upload have a look at Heroplay.com.

Zan has that pretty much working.

Fangs
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
May 22, 2003 02:42AM
Kythri, you're my personal saviour!

In a minor, mundane way perhaps, but still...

Great work! I've read the lot.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.