Galactus vs The Molecule Man

Posted by Galactus 1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Thanos?
November 26, 2007 10:41PM
I don't understand that dismissive tone in reference to Captain Mar-Vell, same kind of tone as 'well heck Squirrel Girl beat him', and Mar-Vell rates a lot higher than that. Mar-Vell though never beat Thanos, he outwitted some of his plans, was in the right place at the right time (like when he used the Cosmic Cube to depower Thanos), but Thanos didn't get beaten by either the Protector of the Universe or the nemesis built for him it took Adam Warlock to do that.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Re: Yes, Thanos
November 27, 2007 07:15AM
I'd love to see what Nightmare would do to / with Molecule Man while he was asleep.
Re: Galactus really that powerful?
November 27, 2007 10:07AM
The Silver Surfer was 'only human' yet everyone's quite fine with him being so cosmic (although he was originally never meant to have any mortal beginnings), Owen's no more human after what happened to him than the High Evolutionary, Futurian, or Galactus.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

November 27, 2007 10:33AM
The Silver Surfer is also not omnipotent.

November 27, 2007 02:52PM
Yet he's certainly more powerful than the Silver Surfer, yet it seems as if the expectation is that Owen couldn't really do anything because he started human and gee that's just impossible to overcome or transcend, but there's no problems with the Silver Surfer pulling off everything he does 'because he's a cosmic being and got the Power Cosmic'.

-- Peter David

November 27, 2007 05:06PM
You're not listening. The power level of the Silver Surfer is roughly equivalent to the power level of Thor. The power level you -claim- Owen has exceeds that of Eternity and Death. HUGE difference.

November 27, 2007 07:36PM
hello all,

I've been reading the threads the last couple and days and have to say that it has set off quite a maelstrom of debate. Definitely one of the best thread board discussions ever. The camps on both sides make compelling cases. For myself, I tend to fall in the camp of Galactus. The reasons are multitude. First, while Owen is near omnipotent he is not a force of nature like Galactus. Yes, he can manipulate matter but what is that to someone who defies all laws of nature and bends space and time to his liking. Second, as a Watcher once stated that Galactus has enough power to lay a galaxy to waste. Although, Owen is powerful I do not see his power approaching this level. Second, the comic have tended to limit the display of powers illustrated by Galactus. It should be noted that Galactus can likewise manipulate matter/molecules. Third, "would you rather control nature or be a force of nature?" Who is more powerful one who controls the weather of the hurricane with near limitless destructive force?
November 27, 2007 07:56PM
One would think the one who could control that force of nature would be more powerful, after all which would be more powerful, the Earthquake that will separate California from the US in a few years or one with the power to stop it with a thought?

-- Peter David

November 27, 2007 08:06PM
Ok, I admit, I never got into the Infinity Watch-Gauntlet idea from the 1990's. So I didn't know about his stat upgrade. I am used to his power levels from the AA handbook.

But even with his write up from the site with many Sh-Z abilities and powers, they fall short of Galactus. It's simple math. MM operates in the cl-3000-cl500 zone, Galactus operates around cl1000-cl300 and Thanos operates at SH-Z. Ergo, MM > Galactus > Thanos.

Yes Thanos could scheme in the same way Dr Doom could. But Galactus doesn't fall for any backdoor shinangegans.
November 27, 2007 08:08PM
The_Threat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, I admit, I never got into the Infinity
> Watch-Gauntlet idea from the 1990's. So I didn't
> know about his stat upgrade. I am used to his
> power levels from the AA handbook.
>
> But even with his write up from the site with many
> Sh-Z abilities and powers, they fall short of
> Galactus. It's simple math. MM operates in the
> cl-3000-cl500 zone, Galactus operates around
> cl1000-cl300 and Thanos operates at SH-Z. Ergo, MM
> > Galactus > Thanos.

Thanos wouldn't directly engage either of them, though. That's my point. Raw power isn't everything.

>
> Yes Thanos could scheme in the same way Dr Doom
> could. But Galactus doesn't fall for any backdoor
> shinangegans.

Oh yes he does. It just takes someone like the Magus or Thanos to pull it off. It was all in the Infinite series'.

And Owen would definitely be susceptible to scheming.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2007 08:10PM by Punstarr.
November 27, 2007 08:16PM
Of course Galactus can be duped, like when he was tricked by Hunger into assemblying the Infinity Gems to release it when he thought he was going to use them to end his hunger (clearly rediculous a thought that he'd have to use them in some arcane fashion since the Power Gem alone would provide him all the energy he desired and could ever want or need, since that's its nature).

-- Peter David

November 27, 2007 11:30PM
Galactus can lay waste to a galaxy, but Molecule Man can take a few weeks to re-build it ;)
November 27, 2007 11:51PM
Something he did while taking that suburb of Denver back to Earth (something that caused at least one villain to snap, unable to believe MM had the power to restore a galaxy).

-- Peter David

November 28, 2007 12:25AM
Indeed. I just doubt Molecule Man restored said galaxy to its original state, with all prior indigenous lifeforms, civilizations, and their histories intact, even if he took weeks to do it.
November 28, 2007 12:50AM
Didn't they list that galaxy as uninhabited though (however against the odds that'd be given how the Marvel universe seems to be one where it's almost certain a planet in a habitable zone for a system will develop life)? All the pieces used to create Battleworld came from other galaxies (the most notable of course being that Denver Suburb that oddly enough apparently NONE of them ever spoke to the media or press about being taken to another world and witnessing an epic battle between Earth's greatest heroes and villains).

-- Peter David

November 28, 2007 01:16AM
I've also wondered about that. And Topeka, Kansas in the DCU...

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.