Galactus vs The Molecule Man

Posted by Galactus 1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Galactus vs The Molecule Man
November 22, 2007 09:51PM
Yeah, I remember all that. Which is why I say a max of Class 3000, even though all the supplements say Class 1000.

November 22, 2007 10:08PM
His power levels in the suppliments were set from the Secret Wars II at best module, from before the advanced set came out, and even from before that they didn't even come close to accurately depicting even his pre-Secret Wars power levels. He destroyed and reassembled Cap's Shield, Thor's Hammer (even restoring its mystic bonds) and the Silver Surfer's surfboard with just a thought.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
November 22, 2007 10:30PM
Yep and that's why it says he can affect material strengths of up to Class 3000, even though his power is only Class 1000 in those supplements.

November 22, 2007 10:45PM
I think you missed the point, Owen's power levels are more CL5000, only reason I even did his write-up less than that was to reduce flames for writing him up at his proper levels. Plus it amazes me how easily it's accepted that handing beyond rank power to Thanos he'd be able to handle it enough to fight off every Celestial around, and Eternity, Galactus, Love and Hate, and Chaos and Order all at once yet Owen with at least CL5000 level power is so inferior to Galactus.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

November 22, 2007 11:17PM
Owen is straight up not Class 5000. There's no way. If he were meant to be Class 5000, the writers of all the supplements would not have written him at Class 1000 levels. It's very obvious he's your all time favorite character ever, Nightmask... and I think that's making you biased. What is so wrong with him operating at Class 3000 or below? Class 3000 is being generous. Kubik is an evolved cosmic cube as Owen is supposed to be a part of, yet Kubic "merely" operates at Class 1000 power levels.

Thanos operating at Beyond? Um, yeah.... he could do all that because he was at Beyond. To Beyond rank, Class 5000 may as well be Feeble. It's -Beyond-.

November 22, 2007 11:39PM
You should know me enough by now to know that I don't let personal bias get in the way of write-ups and character stats, and as far as the various write-ups go they were highly biased against him. His OHOTMU mentions his unlimited potential and he worried a Watcher even more than Galactus did, and Galactus as we all know eats planets. I really don't accept a retcon driven out of spite for him and even if I did I still class him at the CL5000 level. The Watcher only barely got involved when Galactus showed up, didn't do anything at all with the Phoenix (and she ate suns), but he personally got involved to send Owen to another dimension. CL3000 doesn't do him justice, since when you bring Kubik up you neglect how it was completely helpless against Owen, and Kubik was around and evolved for some time. Heck Galactus can't even really control his powers without a power-regulating suit, whereas Owen has total mastery of his powers and requires no crutch to exercise his powers.

-- Peter David

November 23, 2007 07:18AM
Don't take any bias from my chosen screen name, but Owen's half the entity he could be, and the other half is divided into so many other things (from the "New Universe" itself, to the StarBrand, to "the Beyonder" of Secret Wars II, to the Stranger (possibly), and every other Cosmic Containment Unit)

The Power Cosmic is all that and a bag of Godwaves. Well beyond anything Owen could comprehend, must less influence or control. If Owen Reece dies, he reforms and ressurrects eventually.

If Galactus dies, he takes the universe with him.

I'm thinking the Big G is less fragile than MM.

Galactus would turn Molecule Man into an hors d'oeuvre.
November 23, 2007 03:28PM
This thread has generated more Interest then I expected.Though it does seem to be a Punstar and Nightmask show so Far:D.Galactus would take out a reconed Owen Reece Galactus is a powerful being.Annihilation should us what he can do,Galactus science was capable of allowing Doctor Doom to steal the Beyonders power and I am sure he could deal with a reconed owen.A unreconed Owen he wins this even though it is still not a easy win.Owen seems more of a Class 1000 being these days Galactus well is Galactus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2007 03:29PM by Galactus 1.
November 23, 2007 11:49PM
Retcon or no retcon, Molecule Man is ill-prepared to fight Galactus.

Here's how the fight goes:

Molecule Man teleports himself into deep space to confront Galactus. MM's micro-environment power maintains a small ecosystem for his "Good" Endurance to gasp for breath within during the upcoming 10 rounds of strenuous activity he won't have to check for fatigue.

Galactus has enough Intuition and cosmic awareness to notice the arrival of Molecule Man. More than likely, Galactus knew Molecule Man was coming the instant MM thought about it.

Galactus' telepathy scans MM's mind and discovers two things MM's Monstrous psyche can't conceal - that MM is a whiny little punk, and he has bad intent for Galactus.

Galactus takes a few brief moments with his Class 1000 Reason to relish over 64 quintillion ways he could dispatch the threat posed by Molecule Man before he laughs at the most amusing one and transforms the entirety of MM's personal micro-environment into anti-matter, resulting in an explosion that sends every sub-atomic particle of Molecule Man racing away from each other at light-speed.

Delighted at himself, Galactus speeds off into space, in hot pursuit of the one sub-atomic particle of Molecule Man that contains the key to his serial immortality. Galactus has a half-hour to spare, and his Class 1000 reason calculates that he can kill and ressurrect and kill Molecule Man at least 15 more times before having to clear his busy schedule to make time to kill Molecule Man some more.

It becomes a hobby.
November 24, 2007 02:14AM
That scenario fails for a lot of reasons, one being Owen's Endurance is considerably higher than Good (he survived an ambush by Dr. Doom after all, and Doom wasn't tossing around anything less than Monstrous rank attacks yet Owen took multiple strikes and recovered within hours). Another his absolute mastery of molecules would easily prevent Galactus transforming or affecting his Micro-Environment in any fashion, and Galactus isn't All-Knowing and wouldn't have a clue Owen would be showing up and might not even notice him then, since Galactus has a tendency to feel nothing could threaten him and dismiss anyone he doesn't know as a cosmic power as insignificant anyway. Even if he did notice Owen pop in his ego wouldn't have him reacting as if he were a threat by the reasoning of some others who don't consider Owen cosmic-enough to rate noticing, leaving Owen plenty of time to disintegrate Galactus' armor at which point Galactus' power runs out of control and he becomes a nice new star in the heavens, at which point Owen heads home to toss back a few to celebrate his victory.

-- Peter David

November 24, 2007 06:42AM
Yeah, I know I dissed on Molecule Man. But it all comes down to what you or I would do with his power vs. what he would do. I just don't see the cosmic-powered janitor out-thinking one with the Power Cosmic.

But, to argue the point - if Galactus can't mess with Molecule Man's micro-environment (I'm arguing MM would show up as a very tasty morsel to Galactus's life / energy detection senses the moment he came within 500 light years) I don't see Galactus allowing the nature of his armor to be altered. Keep in mind that Galactus' 28 foot tall armored form is just how he appears to human eyes. Even the "armor" itself could be our Typical heads way of wrapping around the concept of the Devourer of Worlds.

Molecule Man might aim to deconstruct the matter of an illusion in his head, for all we know.
November 24, 2007 08:00AM
And another point, if Molecule Man could use his cosmic awareness and attunement to molecular and energy structures to actually see Galactus beyond the 28 foot tall armored form he appears to humans as, he would also understand that killing Galactus would destroy the universe / start over the Big Bang.

So, if he could, would he?
November 24, 2007 09:23AM
Power and comprehension are also two entirely separate things, young padawan. ;)

Owen lacks the wisdom and cosmic level comprehension to do even a fraction of what Galactus and other elder cosmic beings are capable of. Even if Owen had Class 5000 ability as you claim (and in no way do I agree with that assertation), it'd be like a toddler trying to program a computer. Sure he can jam on the buttons on the keyboard but he really has no idea what he's doing. In that situation, Galactus is a hacker/programmer with genius level intelligence who's been programming for 50 years. Who's going to prevail in that situation? Owen's no idiot by human standards, but he certainly is compared to Galactus.

Joe
What if... ?
November 24, 2007 09:26AM
What if Galactus made Owen his herald? Is there a limit to how high Galactus can raise someones abilities?
Re: What if... ?
November 24, 2007 01:50PM
Joe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
What if Galactus made Owen his herald?

Answer: Galactus winds up fat and lazy, because Owen simply makes planets for him to consume ;)

Quack, damn you...
November 24, 2007 08:58PM
Well Owen could do that now even without the power cosmic. Given his powers he could easily augment himself if he wanted to as well, he just doesn't see the need to give himself an Unearthly Strength for example when with a thought he can make moons dance to his tune, or entire planets. He does end up with a CL1000 Endurance though under the basic set, and CL1000 Psyche from the Secret Wars II mega-module, which'd probably put him at CL5000 for the advanced set. The universe would be in serious trouble if someone convinced him to really go all out, like say Galactus restructuring him with the Power Cosmic on top of his already near-infinite power.

-- Peter David

Galactus really that powerful?
November 24, 2007 09:06PM
I can't believe Galactus' respect. Galactus is very powerful but he does use technology and heralds to conserve energy. He also has a glaring weakness - his need to feed on other planets to survive. Owen just needs to find away to prevent Glactus from re-charging.

By the way there are some misconceptions thrown around here.

1.) Neither the Beyonder nor Owen Rece had anything to do with the creation of the "New Universe". This was confirmed by Marvel many times in the editorial pages.

2.) The Beyonder actually let Dr Doom steal his power - he was curious to see what Doom would do with it.
Re: Galactus really that powerful?
November 24, 2007 09:17PM
The New Universe was directly spawned at the end of the Second Secret Wars when the majority of the Beyonder's power was returned to his former dimension and left without his will to undergo its own Big Bang as a result. Whether or not the Starbrand is an expression of the Beyonder's infinite power is debateable but we do know that the Living Tribunal wasn't going to fight anyone possessing it unless he/it had no choice at all. The only involvement either Owen or the Beyonder can be said to have in the creation of the NU is the Beyonder contributed the energy that created it against his/its will and Owen opened the gateway that he used to feed the energy back into the otherwise empty universe. Since the Beyonder-Baby had some power fed back into it before the conduit was severed by Owen it did allow him/it to survive by shunting into a smaller pocket dimension.

Unless it's a retcon I missed I don't think the Beyonder simply gave its power to Doom, particularly since during the Secret Wars II when we learned about the time loop that ended up being established the Beyonder didn't go 'Oh this is Doom, that human I gave my power to out of curiousity' it was 'This is that human who stole my power and I'm going to erase him'.

-- Peter David

Joe
November 24, 2007 10:19PM
Or if Dr. Doom switched bodies with him.
November 24, 2007 11:27PM
I think it'd depend on whether or not Owen's powers go with his mind or stay with his body. If they go with his mind it'd just leave Doom with an ugly powerless body (Save for his mind transferral ability which travels with his mind) and Owen with his armored original body and all his powers.

-- Peter David

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.