Galactus vs The Molecule Man

Posted by Galactus 1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Galactus vs The Molecule Man
October 05, 2007 04:48PM
Since Owen Reece has come up several Times in the Galactus Thread I wonder what are your Thoughts on a Battle between this Two.Logically Owen if you went by his Secret Wars Stats would be far more powerful then Galactus.However with all of these Stupid arse Recons Owens real power levels are up for debate.So I will start in the First secret wars when the group of Villans was in that ship together in space.Galactus was aboard with the Villans and he ignored them all including the Molecule Man.So Galactus did not pay any Attention to Owen.Maybe his Mental Blocks limited his power so much Galactus felt he was no threat.Anyway now With a fully powered Galactus and his Science a Fight with Owen in light of of the recons.I think Galactus would win this considering that Galactus has the ultimate Nullifier in his Arsenal.What are your Thoughts on this Battle of the Ages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2007 04:49PM by Galactus 1.
Re: Galactus vs The Molecule Man
October 05, 2007 05:10PM
I'd have to go with Mr. Galan of Taa.

Just seems to be a true entity of great power. Owen is dangerous but, I think Galactus has much more universal power at his disposal.

TLD
October 05, 2007 05:32PM
Uhh... I could swear that Uatu has the Ultimate Nullifier (at least according to the issue of the FF where Storm and the Black Panther joined the team).

October 05, 2007 05:51PM
Well the last time I saw the Molecule Man he proved capable of ripping the (retconned) essense of the Beyonder out of Kosmos, beat him into submission, and shrugged off Kubik's efforts to stop him at the same time, and that's well after that stupid retcon to make his powers as part of a cosmic cube. With that kind of power level I think he could take Galactus, particularly functioning at that level of creativity, power, and intelligence.

As far as the original Secret Wars goes Galactus pretty much ignores anything he considers beneath him, and unlike most cosmic entities Owen doesn't radiate with vast power or have energy rolling off of him or other serious signs of power and Galactus wouldn't bother scanning everyone around him to determine if any of them were really on his level of power or not. Even at his power levels at the time before losing his mental blocks Owen was capable of levitating trillions of tons of rock like it was nothing and could have easily destroyed the armor Galactus requires to regulate his power or seized control of his armor to exile him into space.

In regards to the Ultimate Nullifier Galactus would have to summon it first and generally he seems to require someone else to get it and can't simply teleport it into his grasp, and with any kind of warning the Molecule Man could take it from Galactus or conceivably destroy it (the actual Material Strength of the Ultimate Nullifier has never been revealed but come on Owen dismantled Thor's Hammer AND Captain America's Shield at the same time with just a thought).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
October 05, 2007 07:27PM
I give it to Galactus. Because even if Owen beats him,Galactus has access to much higher authorities. He can make a significant case that someone as dimwitted [even after the blocks] as Molecule Man weilding that kind of might would upset cosmic balance. Then the Living Tribunal steps in and Own is @#$%&.

October 05, 2007 07:39PM
I don't know; the Living Tribunal, Eternity, and the rest of the great cosmic powers didn't complain about it during either Secret Wars and would seem almost whiney for Galactus to go 'Hey LT that mortal Owen Reece just whipped my butt go make him sorry he picked on me!'.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

October 06, 2007 01:01AM
hello all,

interesting question. I think people give Molecule Man touch much credit and Galactus is underrated or downplayed to a degree. The reasons lie initially for Molecule Mans stint in the Secret Wars and his ability to move an entire mountain range. For Galactus, people often downplay him because of the various defeats he has suffered on earth and to various beings. But this is a miisnomer because he is always defeated when he is at his absolute weakest. When he is at his full power only a handful of beings in the universe can mach his power (Celestials, Living tribunal,Eternity,Death etc.) estenially forces of nature. What is mountain range to one who consumes entire planets? As reed richards once stated Galactus has power that is incomprehensible to humans.
October 06, 2007 01:07AM
Thank you. Well said.

TLD
October 06, 2007 07:50AM
I would have to give this to the Big G because Galactus once Targeted Korvac with the Ultimate Nullifier and would have easily destroyed him if Korvac had not commited Suicide.I am not sure Owen could destroy the Nullifier or not.Owen is a Cosmic Being ,going by past power levels however Owen does seem more powerful I agree Nightmask.But Galactus does seem more like a Cosmic Being then Owen.But looks can be deceiving however,knowing what recons they have done this is anyones debate.
October 06, 2007 10:07AM
Owens power and kubiks power are from the same source and are essentially super illusions, so it makes sense that mm would do well against a simaler being. I do not put kubik or molecule man anywhere near galactus's power level. Galactus is a force of the universe. Galactus's powers are so varied compared to owens I feel this one is a no brainer. Exp. class 3ooo cosmic awareness, cosmic awareness turned captain marvel into a threat to a cosmicly powered thanos, think what galactus can do with it.
October 06, 2007 09:45PM
Except the cosmic cubes aren't illusion generators they're directly manipulating reality and the entire point of why the Beyonders make the ability to create them available. Just because the Shaper of Worlds evolved from the Skrull Cosmic Cube to having the ability to reshape reality for roughly 4 years without having to renew the effect doesn't mean that the cubes lack the ability to permanently change reality. Before he was dragged into the efforts to eliminate the Beyonder the Molecule Man's powers were the unleashing of the near-infinite human potential to psionically restructure matter and energy on a cosmic scale.

Even with that tampered with the energies of a Cosmic cube are still nigh-infinite (as evidenced during the Infinity Crusade). Owen easily held a tacyon in the palm of his hand without difficulty even after all that lame-@$$ retconning and is still a cosmic powerhouse.

-- Peter David

October 06, 2007 09:50PM
Yes those stupid retcons completely muddy the waters to the point of abject stupidity on the part of Marvel. At least in the first Secret Wars they didn't pull that 'He's part of a cosmic cube' and didn't do it during the second one either, kept him intact as someone so powerful that even the Watcher got directly involved in trying to eliminate him, which Uatu didn't even do that when Galactus showed up. Clearly Uatu rated Owen an even greater threat than Galactus.

-- Peter David

October 07, 2007 09:02AM
Before these Stupid arse recons Owen was the second most power Being in the Universe next to the Beyonder.Now with Three stupid ARSE Recons who knows what Owen is now.No Talent Writers who do the Recons because they cant come up with their own original Stories.I could settle for Owen being a incomplete Cosmic Cube.Which he would be below Galactus in power,but even this Story line has been changed:X:X:X(td):(:S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 09:03AM by Galactus 1.
October 07, 2007 10:14AM
muthal the cursed is referring to the description of "reality manipulation" listed in the Ultimate Powers Book, methinks. I wouldn't go by that, personally.

October 07, 2007 10:38AM
No, I think he's going by a few descriptions that actually state the adjustment of reality was just an illusion, even though they clearly aren't. Most of the types of Reality Alteration are quite permanent, particularly Reality Alteration/Future (which is likely what Scarlet Witch actually had, since that's all probability manipulation really is in the end, selecting the outcome of the future you find most favorable to your goals).

Unfortunately at times there's the desire to actually do a power write-up that limits a character more than they actually are in the comics. The limitations on the Shaper of Worlds are a result of being used for years by a very unimaginative Skrull Emperor and receiving the mental imprint only from him during all that time. The AIM Cosmic Cube on the other hand was used by very creative and strong-willed beings like Thanos and the Red Skrull and there's no reason to think Kubik has such limitations, or Kosmos for that matter. Just like there's nothing illusionary about the things the Molecule Man's done, if they were they wouldn't have worried Uatu so much.

-- Peter David

October 07, 2007 10:42AM
Well I despise the no-talent hack retcons of Owen too (especially when he got dragged into the Beyonder Retcon thanks to a spiteful editor who simply wanted to destroy something a previous editor had done), but a properly wielded Cosmic Cube should exceed Galactus in power, remember their main limitation is the will and creativity of the wielder.

-- Peter David

November 21, 2007 10:01AM
Well, this is an interesting thread! I think it comes out Galactus as the winner. Nightmask makes his points well. Owen is formidable! Taking the stories, all of them, it would seem having the power to beat the Beyonder is all need be said. But I think there are two problems!

1) Even if it is written, can we not tell trash when we see it? Owen? Defeating a Beyonder? No matter the story this is not worth accepting. I reject it.

2) Is power all that decides a battle or confrontation? It is often we see Owen at his most powerful and Galactus at his weakest. Regardless of power does not a fight often go to the one with the greater awareness and perception?! Galactus has enough cosmic awareness to counter anything Owen does. Basically it comes down to matter manipulation vs matter manipulation and Galactus holds the key all these mysteries that are inconceivable to the average human mind! And Owen is average! Only the cosmic cube-thing might allow him power to make things happen just cause he thinks it. But he holds no discipline for this ability, while Galactus does! Nope, Galactus wins...at least a full powered one!

"POWER.... WITHOUT "perception" is virtually USELESS.... and therefore of NO.... "true" VALUE"
November 21, 2007 10:55AM
I don't remember saying Owen beat the Beyonder, but he held his own long enough to help lead to his defeat. But as control and awareness goes Owen's not a mere mortal mind or average awareness he's the ultimate expression of humanity's unlimited psionic potential to manipulate reality. Only his self-hatred and self-doubts led to him installing the original mental blocks that limited his powers to the small amount that they were and those blocks are gone now.

With both Owen and Galactus at full power Galactus loses most fights with Owen and when we see him treated as an easy mark particularly nowadays that's simply poor writing or simple 'I don't care how cosmic or powerful he is I don't like him so anyone can beat him.', something I think Squirrel Girl in particular was created to exemplify, for those who complain about more accepted canon stories the point to Spider-man defeating Firelord. Regarding Owen and Galactus fairly Owen is the one with the edge in a heads-up battle.

-- Peter David

November 21, 2007 03:07PM
Nightmask Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't remember saying Owen beat the Beyonder,
> but he held his own long enough to help lead to
> his defeat. But as control and awareness goes
> Owen's not a mere mortal mind or average awareness
> he's the ultimate expression of humanity's
> unlimited psionic potential to manipulate reality.
> Only his self-hatred and self-doubts led to him
> installing the original mental blocks that limited
> his powers to the small amount that they were and
> those blocks are gone now.
>
> With both Owen and Galactus at full power Galactus
> loses most fights with Owen and when we see him
> treated as an easy mark particularly nowadays
> that's simply poor writing or simple 'I don't care
> how cosmic or powerful he is I don't like him so
> anyone can beat him.', something I think Squirrel
> Girl in particular was created to exemplify, for
> those who complain about more accepted canon
> stories the point to Spider-man defeating
> Firelord. Regarding Owen and Galactus fairly Owen
> is the one with the edge in a heads-up battle.

Ah, Nightmask, "I don't remember saying that Owen beat the Beyonder either!" Read the post! Let's not get nit-picky!

And as far as Owen's mental abilities and psionic capacities go, you are very generous! I do not think a mortal mind can conceive of the cosmic knowledge that Galactus would have being alive so long! It isn't in our potential, just like it isn't possible for a bus to ever go as fast as a motorcycle. It's just in the physics of the matter. You know, wind resistance and all! Power is not in question...only the knowledge to use it!?

Hmm, someone could say that same for Galactus! That they don't understand him or don't like him and want to see him defeated regardless of his unfathomable intellect!

Oh and Firelord IS a loser! So anyone can beat him....Ha,ha, lol! [just kidding]

"POWER.... WITHOUT "perception" is virtually USELESS.... and therefore of NO.... "true" VALUE"
November 21, 2007 03:47PM
daikumanoken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And as far as Owen's mental abilities and psionic
> capacities go, you are very generous! I do not
> think a mortal mind can conceive of the cosmic
> knowledge that Galactus would have being alive so
> long!

QFT

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.