Bravest Heroes!

Posted by G.A.W. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bravest Heroes!
June 08, 2007 11:26AM
All heroes have an amount of courage that normals may not have but if you were to pick the TOP 10 bravest heroes ( comic book ) who would they be?

Reminder: dont always pick ones that have a high power level because of the villains they beat but the ones that dig down deep and shine above the others.

pick 10 in the order of bravery.
Re: Bravest Heroes!
June 08, 2007 11:47AM
1. Captain America
2. Green Lantern - Hal Jordan
3. Wolverine
4. Wonder Woman
5. Lobo
6. Spider-Man
7. Hawkeye
8. Batman
9. Luke Cage
10. Deadpool

June 08, 2007 11:49AM
1. Spider-Man

2. Captain America

3. Bucky

4. Wolverine

5. Hawkeye

6. Thing

7. Batman

8. Superman

9. Green Lantern - Hal Jordan

10. Franklin Richards

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2007 11:55AM by RAGNARoK.
June 08, 2007 12:48PM
Hmmm...

1. Thor

2. Shadowcat

3. Guardian (James Mac)

4. Black Knight

5. Cyclops

6. Robin

7. Batman

8. Captain America

Well, there's 8 anyway.

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
June 08, 2007 01:34PM
I wouldn't call Lobo a hero. ::!o

Deadpool's debatable, but he never struck me as a true hero either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2007 01:35PM by Punstarr.
June 08, 2007 02:00PM
Bravery is not the absence of fear... it is the will to do what's right in spite of that fear. When compiling this list I asked several things:

1.) Is the character brave because he/she feels safe from harm? Does he/she feel in no danger? Arrogance or overconfidence counts here. Not the kind of bravery I'm looking for.

2.) Is the character brave because of a mental disorder? Example: Punisher fears nothing because he doesn't care whether he lives or dies. Not true bravery.

3.) Have I read specific stories in the comics that really showcased this character's bravery? (This is why I have only Marvel characters, incidentally)

Ok, so here's my list

10.) Rogue

9.) Thor

8.) Jubilee

7.) Cyclops

6.) Shadowcat

5.) Hawkeye

4.) Colossus

3.) Thing

2.) Captain America

1.) Spider-Man

June 08, 2007 02:00PM
Bravery is doing what you know is right in the face of fear. What does Lobo(immortal) have to be afraid of?

1.Cap America

2. Black Panther

3.Spiderman

4.Wasp

5.Scarlet Witch

6.Thing

7.Human Torch

8.Namor

9.Black Bolt

10.Superman
June 08, 2007 02:03PM
Ooooh Sling, we both have the same idea apparently about bravery. Jinx! ;)

Though I would also question what Superman really has to be afraid of. Without kryptonite, nothing can really hurt him. If I were Supes I'd feel safe all the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2007 02:04PM by Punstarr.
June 08, 2007 02:39PM
Why do people keep refering to the Silver Age Superman all the time, when he hasn't been a god like that in ages? Superman's vulnerable to magic, psionics, kryptonite, energy vampirism (even the Silver Age one never had protection against having his powers drained), energy depletion (he requires steady exposure to sunlight from a G-class star and perhaps F in order to remain empowered), isn't a super-genius like he once was, weakened by overexposure to sunlight from a K-class star, and as we've seem from Doomsday can be pummeled to death.
June 08, 2007 02:46PM
I thought Doomsday's bone shards on his fists were revealed to have kryptonite in them.

June 08, 2007 02:50PM
I don't see how, since Krypton exploded long after he was there, and his travels were over and he was imprisoned on earth before Krypton exploded, so no reason he'd have Kryptonite in his bone spurs.
June 08, 2007 02:58PM
*Shrugs* Dunno, was just a rumor I had heard.

June 08, 2007 03:35PM
Bravery is more than fear. It's also doing what is right, or what you "think" is right, despiste what others may tell you, and despite the odds stacked against you, or what the outcome might be. As such your physical power and ability has nothing to do with it.

Based on that token I'd have to put Gladiator somewhere on that list as well. Also Marvel Girl and Reed Richards (anyone who goes up to Galactus and says, "Go away" has got some stones of pure adamantium.,
June 08, 2007 04:13PM
Well for Richards I'm not sure it's bravery, his intelligence actually hampers him in a lot of ways, muffling his emotions and blocking out his survival instincts. In the middle of a world-threatening crisis he can actually get distracted trying to figure out an opponent unless someone's there to go 'Reed, he's about to blow up the world, remember?' to keep him on track. So no I don't think he qualifies as brave, because too often he doesn't comprehend fear or really acknowledge in his heart that there's something he can't solve. Without that fear of failing, of being defeated and losing all, one cannot be brave.
June 08, 2007 05:36PM
Gladiator? I just can't see him as brave... he never feels he's in any real danger, because he knows exactly how powerful he is (most of the time he thinks he's even more powerful than he is). He charges headlong into battle with no fear of death... his fearlessness also has a lot to do with his mental issues/fanaticism imho.

Re: Bravest Hero of all!
June 08, 2007 07:15PM
Bravey is not measured by ones powers, but by your deeds! B!)-

The Shield says it all my Friends...

The Skycutter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2007 07:16PM by SKYCUTTER.
June 08, 2007 07:17PM
You'll note he was my #2, SKY ;)

I'm surprised no one's asked me why I put Jubilee on my list though.

Why Jubilee?
June 08, 2007 07:30PM
Somebody's gotta ask..:P

Quack, damn you...
June 09, 2007 12:08AM
Cap definitely rates when it comes to bravery, although I can't help but lean more towards Spider-man for the top spot, as he started out as an abused outsider in I don't even think high school, or barely starting, when he got his powers, whereas Cap always seemed to be on the brave side, wishing to fight WWII even in his frail, 4F condition.

I think overall we've seen Spider-man undergo more psychological torture and be forced to face the greatest terrors any man could, let alone the youngster he started as, and overcome and grow in strength and character.
June 09, 2007 01:37AM
Not that I'm disappointed but it has occured to me people's reading choices ( obviously ) influeces there list. sales and popularity also seems to of helped-not counting Jubilee!

Captain America and Spiderman would be on my top ten and some of you had them but...

of all the heroes I've read the one that stands out to me was Daredevil! -Matt Murdock

The man had more guts and determination than any I can think of. He's not even in my top ten favorite heroes but his courage stood out against overwhelming odds.Also you should see the punishment he took over the years and still keeps coming on!

My thinking is not at all influenced by his blindness which to me was not a true hinderance. Radar sense is nice!

The most under-rated brave hero in Marvel to me was Tony Stark - IRONMAN. any of you who know about his early career and his painful hinderance will understand. i would put him low at 9 or 10.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.