Who could wield Mjolnir?

Posted by Momboto 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Who could wield Mjolnir?
May 10, 2007 07:12PM
Where's the Phoenix Force and Infinity Gauntlet? :P

TAG
May 10, 2007 07:16PM
You know, after seeing What-if stories with both Impossible Man and the Silver Surfer with the Gauntlet I'm amazed that they haven't done one with Spider-man with the IG too. Of course probably the first thing we'd see is him restoring his uncle to life, and probably his parents too. Then we'd see what happens when Infinite Power meets Infinite Responsibility.
May 10, 2007 07:24PM
I think the IG is a bit too end all be all extreme. With it, he wouldn't need any of those other things, yanno?

Silver Surfer
May 11, 2007 02:55PM
I don't understand exactly how a decade of repentance equals redemption for the deaths of trillions. But that's irrelevant.

The Surfer is currently the unabashed Herald of Galactus, leading him to as many worlds to consume as possible due to the harm done to Galactus during Anihilation. Also he led Galactus to Epoch to consume her in a recent issue of FF.

So yeah, I stand pat that Surfer is totally unworthy at this point

Re: Silver Surfer
May 11, 2007 05:03PM
capocastillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't understand exactly how a decade of
> repentance equals redemption for the deaths of
> trillions. But that's irrelevant.

Galactus was essentially mind controlling him when he led him to all those inhabited worlds.

>
> The Surfer is currently the unabashed Herald of
> Galactus, leading him to as many worlds to consume
> as possible due to the harm done to Galactus
> during Anihilation. Also he led Galactus to Epoch
> to consume her in a recent issue of FF.

That seems more than a bit out of character for him. :(

>
> So yeah, I stand pat that Surfer is totally
> unworthy at this point

As you've described, sure... but I'm not convinced that's really true to his character.

Re: Silver Surfer
May 11, 2007 05:09PM
I suppose they'll come along sometime and retcon him to having been once again mind-controlled, like the retcon that he was mentally tampered with in the first case to not mind all those living sentient beings he sacrificed to Galactus. Then again it was a retcon giving him a mortal past in the first place, since Kirby always intended him to be literally a creation and extension of Galactus and it was one of the contributing factors to his breakdown with Marvel Comics in the day. Funny how they brought that idea back to introduce Tyrant.

I suppose we could also find out it's not really the 616 Surfer, who's been secretly replaced by a copy or divergent earth version (perhaps the one who was part of the what-if? where Korvac nullified his universe) of less moral character.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.