taskmaster vs batman

Posted by mosaic35 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
mosaic35
taskmaster vs batman
March 10, 2006 08:34AM
my brother and i were in a conversation just this morning and i would like to poll the masses.in a physical confrontation who do you think would have the advantage between the two of them?also on another note does anyone know where i can find artwork on vampires. it's for a future marvel game im hosting?
Re: taskmaster vs batman
March 10, 2006 09:38AM
Taskmaster and Batman fought - very briefly - in JLA - Avengers. Batman took Taskmaster out in a single panel.

It's been shown repeatedly in comics that Taskmaster, while deadly against conventional opponents, has trouble fighting people who use unorthodox methods and tactics combined with a sufficiently high level of combat ability. Since Batman has evolved his own fighting style, this probably counts as an unorthodox tactic. And given that he's one of the top three or four human-level hand-to-hand fighters on his planet, he definitely qualifies on the high level of combat ability front.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
Ajax
March 10, 2006 10:15AM
And yet the Taskmaster was shown taking on 6 avengers at one time in his career and doing very well. Of course he had studied all of those heroes and even held his own vs. Ironman in his LS.

One could argue taking into account his powers and skills thay TASKMASTER is the most under used and under fought villian in the MU. If I was writing a script where Taskamster went up against Bats I would of had it last longer than one panal. I realize one may not be allowed to have the villain win and i wouldn't but ...... In my opinion Taskmaster is a MU character that had GREAT potential and had been missmanaged.

In the game with pre-study advantage I would easily choose Taskmaster vs. Bats and would win. As long I get his weapons and shield to use--- No Problem.
March 10, 2006 10:24AM
I agree, given time Taskmaster could study Batman for a while and let his photographic reflexes take over, then he would be equal of Bats abilities. After all, Taskmaster has studied the styles of Daredevil, Spider-man, Captain America, Iron Fist, Black Panther, The Punisher, and anybody else he cared to study and copy. So, i WOULD let him win vs. Batman, JLA vs Avengers aside.
March 10, 2006 10:52AM
A good fight, batman can win if he mixes uo his moves. They are fairly close on equipment, I think batmans armour is better. Also batman is a master intimadator and he can psyche out his opponents rather easily. The longer the fight goes though the more in favor of the taskmaster it goes.
Ajax
March 10, 2006 11:20AM
I would love to see a good writer use Taskmaster to his fullest potential on a quality stort arc. Personally I would of gotten him a regular series over characters like Venom or Cable who in my mind not as interesting.

Exotic locales, The Hand, early career flashbacks, insights to powers thru strange sense of perception ect. ect. At least DC comics pushed Deathstroke more but whats done is done.

To Marvel Comics: More TASKMASTER!!!
March 10, 2006 11:43AM
Exactly. In this case, he was fighting a completely unknown opponent and a completely unknown style. I suspect if they fought again, Batman would have a much rougher time of it - and that's if Taskmaster didn't get to stand back and watch him a while.

... I take it you have read the Taskmaster limited series, and Gail Simone's work with him on Deadpool and Agent X?

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
March 10, 2006 04:35PM
B) Batman with his combat skills and the fact that he is as strong as a human can be without enhancements and his combat History.Its Batman all the way dude no real problem:!)-D
March 10, 2006 06:57PM

Yep. Taskmaster is a cool villian with a cool power.

I think that if he had time to study Batman, then his combined attributes would enable him to win ... at least the first fight. However, if they were suddenly thrown together, or Batman had some time to study and prep. as well, it could go otherwise.

Of course, at their level of competition, it could go either way.
March 10, 2006 07:55PM
Batman is admittedly from his own mouth, not the best martial artist in the world. in fact several are better than he. When Batman fought Proteus the first time, Batman has his batass handed to him. Now since Proteus fighting capability enhancements were technological, Batman was able to beat him in the rematch.

Now Taskmaster has no such compunctions being a mutant. Taskmaster would really only need to observe batman to be his better, as he already has fighting templates of Captain America, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Tigra, Black Panther, Spider-man, Deadpool, and many many many others. Taskmaster has Amazing fighter off the top, and Batman isn't the 'random fighter, throw people off with how he fights' kind of opponent. Batman pretty much fights the same way. So Taskmaster would give Batman a lot of serious trouble, and that's hand to hand. Taskmaster brings his weapon skills [Cap, Hawkeye, Black Knight, Punisher] and Batman is getting rocked.
Joe
March 11, 2006 10:54AM
I think to many people forget that even if Taskmaster has not studied an opponient, he still is as good as Captain America, plus the agility of Spiderman. In game terms, Taskmaster is a more than an even match for Batman even if TM has not studied BM. There FASE is the same with TM having a +1cs to his Agility over BM. They both have the same combat Talents. The main edge that BM has is his Ex Body Armor. This would give him an advantage in resisting damage from TM. Although TM's Incredible material strength shield could do damage through BM's body armor. Once TM has studied BM, BM takes a -2cs penelty in fighting TM. Unless TM gets really bad rolls, he will win almost everytime.

In the comics, it is all about who writes the story and how they want it to end.
March 11, 2006 01:54PM
I mean Promethus not proteus

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.