New campaign set in movie universe

Posted by One_from_Beyond 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New campaign set in movie universe
May 26, 2004 10:36PM
First of all, hello.

My name is Steve, and this is my first post in this forum.

I have just started a new campaign using the old MSH RPG from TSR, and have found this and other sites to be invaluable tools. :)

Instead of setting our campaign in the over crowded Marvel comics universe, we are setting it in a reality in which all of the Marvel movies take place.

So, instead of tripping over super-heros in New York, you've basically got Spider-Man, Daredevil and the X-Men upstate.

Theres a Punisher in Florida, a Blade out there staking vamps and a Hulk down in South America somewhere. Also, given the presense of an entire folder dedicated to Franklin Richards on Strykers desktop in X2, we infer the existence of the Fantastic Four (We're using the unreleased Roger Corman FF movie as a 'placeholder' until the real FF movie comes out).

I also seem to remember a reference or a graphic in X1 that refered to 'Stark Industries', but I can't find it now to save my life, so maybe I imagined it.

The first snag I've hit is that I can't find FASE-RIP and stats for Blade anywhere. Were stats for Blade ever published? Anywhere? Not even in a Marvel-phile? Can anyone help me with this?

Anyway, if there are references to any other characters in a marvel movie that i've missed, please let me know!

Thanx in advance! :bow:

Re: New campaign set in movie universe
May 26, 2004 11:11PM
I just found Blades stats in a thread from a year ago, so I dont need that anymore, but would still appreciate any other Marvel movie references that I might have missed (ignoring Captain America, of course).
May 27, 2004 06:14AM
Just to plug my own efforts...

[www.classicmarvel.com] is X-Men: The Movie and X2 heroes.
[www.classicmarvel.com] is the students.
And [www.classicmarvel.com] the villains.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
May 27, 2004 11:37AM
I am confused a little...Did you post this to get players or to ask for help in coming up with more movies to include in your game?

If its for the first one...Then i am willing and eager to join

If its the second one i will sit and ponder so that i can be as much help as possible.

[img220.echo.cx]
May 27, 2004 12:20PM
well there were a whole lot of marvel movies back in the 70's, captain america, doc strange, and about 3 -4 spiderman ones, not to mention the Hulk tv show.

I'm pretty sure that at least cap would still be around, and we all watched "The Death of the Incredible Hulk " Movie, but tying them into the current batch could be cool.

if i'm not wrong in the Hulk tv show there were references to other people getting turned into Hulk creatures. An old man in one ep and a guy in cave paintings.

just figured i'd bring up the old school stuff.
May 27, 2004 05:26PM
Wallace wrote:

> Just to plug my own efforts...

> -Wal

And a very good job you did as well. Thanx! this is helpful!

MadClergy wrote:

> I am confused a little...Did you post this to get players or to
> ask for help in coming up with more movies to include in your
> game?
>
> If its for the first one...Then i am willing and eager to join
>
> If its the second one i will sit and ponder so that i can be as
> much help as possible.
>
Its the second. Thanx for any help.

Lord_Sidious wrote:

> well there were a whole lot of marvel movies back in the 70's,
> captain america, doc strange, and about 3 -4 spiderman ones,
> not to mention the Hulk tv show.
>
> I'm pretty sure that at least cap would still be around, and we
> all watched "The Death of the Incredible Hulk " Movie, but
> tying them into the current batch could be cool.
>
> if i'm not wrong in the Hulk tv show there were references to
> other people getting turned into Hulk creatures. An old man in
> one ep and a guy in cave paintings.
>
> just figured i'd bring up the old school stuff.

We have placed most of the old school stuff in yet another alternate reality. The Spider-Man and Hulk shows wouldn't fit in our campaign because of the new movies. That alternate reality also has a Daredevil, a Kingpin and a Thor thanks to the Hulk TV movies.

Oddly enough, the Roger Cormnan FF movie exists (for the time being at least) in both alternate realities. LOL!

I forgot about the Doc Strange TV movie and might just bring him into the campaign. Thanx.

I don't know about the Captain America movie. Although, I guess if the cheesy FF movie can exist in both realities, then a cheesy Captain America movie could exist in both as well.

Thanx everybody for your replies.
May 27, 2004 10:13PM
Man was that Cap movie cheesy!!!!!! It looked like a plastic shield. Well as for X2 remember that there were people mentioned quickly that you would have to include either now or at a later time. Beast was on TV and Gambit was mentioned on the computer as well. Sounds like a good idea though. Hard to imagine a world without Doom around.

Live Fast, Live Hard and Play it Loud
May 27, 2004 10:29PM
Sidious wrote:

> Man was that Cap movie cheesy!!!!!! It looked like a plastic
> shield.

What about those ears? I realize that Cap in the comics has always had his ears protrude from the mask, but I'd rather have seen a redesign of the mask than that mask with the horrible plastic ears!

My friends theory is that Steve Rogers lost his real ears in the war, and the ears in the mask were prosthetics!

> Hard to imagine a world without Doom around.

The best part of including the Corman FF movie is getting to include Doom!
May 28, 2004 09:32AM
Dr. Who and Godzilla both had Marvel comic books so you could include them. Unless Dr. Who only counts for tv and not a movie. Star Wars can be there too.

MSH Classic RPG System
[rivendell.fortunecity.com]
May 28, 2004 11:19AM
now are you referring to the unreleased cap movie from the 80-90's or the one with Reb Brown from the 70's (the one withe the shied that doubled as the windshield for his cycle.)?

i actually like both the 70's cap movies as they tend to be well done for the time.
May 28, 2004 02:14PM
Honestly not sure when it was made. I used to really like Cap a lot. I read for years until he became Diamondbacks love slave and stopped being as cool as Cap could be. I liked USAgent too. I actually based a character after Cap but made his costume black & white and named him Strikeout. He wasnt the good guy like Cap, kind of the darker side of Cap. The movie that I saw was in the early 90's at a friends house. After watching part of the movie I just left.

Sid

Live Fast, Live Hard and Play it Loud
May 28, 2004 02:22PM

Lord_Sidious wrote:

> now are you referring to the unreleased cap movie from the
> 80-90's or the one with Reb Brown from the 70's (the one withe
> the shied that doubled as the windshield for his cycle.)?
>
> i actually like both the 70's cap movies as they tend to be
> well done for the time.

I'm refering to the Matt Salinger film in which the Red Skull was Italian. This one had the ears in the mask.

Heard about but never saw the Reb Brown version. Isn't Cap in that one supposed to be Steve Rogers son?

Sidious wrote:

> Honestly not sure when it was made. I used to really like Cap a
> lot. I read for years until he became Diamondbacks love slave
> and stopped being as cool as Cap could be. I liked USAgent too.
> I actually based a character after Cap but made his costume
> black & white and named him Strikeout. He wasnt the good guy
> like Cap, kind of the darker side of Cap. The movie that I saw
> was in the early 90's at a friends house. After watching part
> of the movie I just left.
>
> Sid

In my campaign I have a Cap clone (a stat clone not a genetic clone, but a genetic clone might make for a cool story) who calls himself "The Patriot" (think The Patriot Act).

Whoa! We have a Sidious AND a Lord Sidious here?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.