Captain America, The Death of a Legend.

Posted by SKYCUTTER 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Captain America, The Death of a Legend.
March 07, 2007 05:24PM

It saddens me that so many of the symbols of our great nation are disregarded or forgotten all together. I grew up as a kid with Captain America, the values that Cap represents is a symbol of our great country. I realize that Captain America is a fictional character owned by Marvel Comics, but to me and to many others he is more then just a character in a comic book. I know that shock value is used to stimulate readers into coming back to a book and to increase sales (It is all about the Money!). To kill off Captain America with a sniper, come on!! I guess what I want to say is that I love this country and I bleed Red, White, and Blue... God Bless Captain America, I hope he returns soon!

The Skycutter

Re: Captain America, The Death of a Legend.
March 07, 2007 05:35PM
Amen brother, 911 Hero down! I'm also a fan of Cap's, I agree with you all the way Cutter.
March 07, 2007 06:47PM
Sometimes it's those fictional characters that do the most to motivate us to greatness, and I only hope it's just a stunt and a short one at that, for truly it's a loss to America as a whole with the death of Captain America.
March 07, 2007 06:49PM
What Nightmask said,

I only hope they wont turn it into some clone saga or the like.
March 07, 2007 07:19PM
Hopefully it was a clone or duplicate body, and the real Cap's gone underground, perhaps to infiltrate some horrible evil.
March 07, 2007 07:25PM
Nah,... I be it was a real deal type of thing. But, they will clone a team of Caps now, Evil Beware.
March 07, 2007 07:33PM
The SRA isn't a horrible enough evil?
March 07, 2007 08:33PM
you mean the Sentinel Registration Act? come on we all know it's coming.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
March 07, 2007 08:46PM
I grew up reading Spidey Comics but I do own a stack of Captain America in my closet that I'll be pulling out to remember what he stood for. Spider-man and Superman really shaped my life in one aspect, but so did Captain America in another unquie way. Spider-Man Superman kept me on the strait and narrow growing up, even when I was a homeless twelve year old kid. But Captain America tought me to defend the weaker kids from Bullies who picked on them and to help them believe in them selves more and to face impossible odds and succeed in helping myself. Regardless of my current living conditions. I would put others before myself. I knew when to help myself first at times, knowing that I would be able to help others doing so.

Captain America will always be part of me. Dead or Alive, he still lives on in all of use... Even if he is just a comic book character. It's what he stands for that immortalized him to be recognize as a real life effecting person.

Fact: The mind cannot tell the difference between what is real or what is fake with your eyes closed and your imagination running wild. You can think and visualize that you are running in the Olympics Marathon and your mind won't tell the difference while all the nerves are firing in your brain, telling your body that you are indeed running. You heart rate will increase as does your breathing. Nasa Astronauts are trained in this mental disapline... Except for that psycho chick from Nasa but that's besides the point.

I just need to visualize Captain America whoop'n Hydra @$$ and he lives. That's enough for me.

Law

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2007 08:49PM by RAGNARoK.
March 07, 2007 08:52PM
That's the spirit. Always remember that Captain America is the modern-day epic Hero, battling against impossible odds and succeeding, and inspiring all those who read their tales. Many sadly dismiss comics as 'just kids stuff' because they prefer being blind to the blending of art and literature in this unique format to tell tales to move us to our heights, and reach people in ways only the combination of written and visual mediums can bring. We know otherwise though, that comics are just as there for adults and the intellectual as they are for kids.
March 07, 2007 09:20PM
I totally agree Skycutter, very well said :!)-D
March 07, 2007 10:12PM
where i might not be able to come up with words for this tragity i am nearlly brought to tears this just is'nt right if you have to kill him at least make it in some heroic battle facing insurmontable odds defending what he stood for but not with a sniper's bullet it's just not right
March 07, 2007 11:06PM
Well the sniper shots allow for them to say he wasn't really dead, or was saved and restored by cutting edge technology (considering all that lame cloning Mr. Fantastic has been doing the least he could do is fix up Cap), such a big heroic death would be harder to retcon away later.
March 08, 2007 12:41AM
Now, I aint read all the previous replies (Sorry!!) so if someone else has mentioned this it shows great minds think alike (fools rarely differ??)

But the Punisher picked up Caps mask, and admitted that he respected the Hell outta Rogers.

SO are we going to see a "darker" 21st century Captain America in the guise of Castle wearing Caps mask as a tribute????

That may prove interesting!!

Also, maybe im reading too much into this, but did anyone else see shades of JFK in the story?? The sniper, the "killing" of the American Dream. The whole "where were you when" moment. Now im not American, but its still shocked the hell out of me that they have "killed" such a canon character!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2007 12:47AM by wolveswr.
March 08, 2007 10:55AM
Captain America is my favorite comic book hero and the first comic book I read as a kid.

Killing him in a heroic fight woud have been a disaster, because then whomever he was fighting would have won.
Killing him in a way that shows how senseless violence is was better.

Good people die in very unheroic ways all the time and it does not diminish what and who they were during their life.
March 08, 2007 06:51PM
I have read many of the threads that have been posted here. They all having meaning for our fallen Hero. I have read many post about someone else putting on Cap's costume and taking his place. Steve Rogers was a WWII hero as Cap and as a Solider! You just don't start over with someone new, it would not be the same, it would not be right! I can define the phrase True American Hero only one-way; He Stands for TRUTH, JUSTICE, and THE AMERICAN WAY...CAPTAIN AMERICA!! The Land of the Free the Home of the Brave, we the people need Captain America now more then ever.

God Bless Captain America!

Marvel has gone to far taking a True American Icon form us all.
X
March 09, 2007 09:16PM
Why take a American Symbol from us when we need him the most!?! A True Symbol of America; Home of The Brave, Land of The Free... The United States of America. We have lost so much, but to lose a symbol of America, it is almost unbearable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2007 09:18PM by X.
March 10, 2007 08:12PM

July 4, 1917 - March 7, 2007; A True American Hero

I would like to share one the best drawings of Captain America that I have with Classic Marvel, which was done by my favorite artist Alex Ross.

God Bless Captain America...

The Skycutter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 08:17PM by SKYCUTTER.
March 10, 2007 08:30PM
Thank you for sharing such an inspiring pic with us Skycutter.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.