Wolverine, Sabretooth & Wild Child

Posted by Epyon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Epyon
Wolverine, Sabretooth & Wild Child
May 20, 2003 08:59AM
Has a link between Wolverine, Sabretooth and Wild Child ever been established? I find it odd that it is mere coincidence that three characters have virtually identical powers and attributes. I also think it's interesting that the trio represents a range of self control. Wild Child is described as being only half human, and his appearance and utter lack of self control support that description. Sabretooth seems to have a slightly better handle on himself, but is given to streaks of animalistic savagery. And of course, my favorite mutant, Wolverine, usually has a grip on himself, but can still release the animal within when the going gets rough.

Has Wolverine ever fought Wild Child?
Re: Wolverine, Sabretooth & Wild Child
May 20, 2003 01:03PM
I know little of Wild Child, so I'll not say anything abut him. I know Marvel'd toyed with the idea of having Sabretooth be Wolverine's father, but I'm fairly certain that's been nixed long ago. 'Course, Logan & Creed still have history, as both were in Canada's Weapon X program, and I believe both worked for the CIA.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
juddain
May 20, 2003 01:18PM
At one time they had mentioned that Wildchild was also a part of the Weapon X program along with a character named Mouse, Maverick and one other that I do not recall right now. This was back in an older issue of the Wolverine comic when they were trying to dig up his past some. I quit collecting comics for a while and never caught the end of that storyline.
Epyon
May 20, 2003 01:37PM
That reminds me. I also stopped collecting comics for a while, but remember seeing some stories where Logan's claws were shown to be made of bone--does this mean Wolverine's claws (non-adamantium version) are a mutation, and that he always had them? That doesn't seem consistent with earlier stories, which indicated his claws were surgically installed into his arms.
Consumate
May 20, 2003 02:41PM

His bones were "Laced" w/ Adamantium. as it showed in Wolverine's Origin he has natural bones claws. when they laced his skeleton his natural claws were coated as well. Until Magneto removed the adamantium from Wolverine it was assumed that his metal claws were installed as part of the surgery. it is not the case
May 20, 2003 02:56PM
I seem to rememebr something about Wildchild being given Sabertooth's DNA wich was why he was so animal like.
In recent he has regained his humanity, and has returned to Alpha Flight where I beleave he calls himself something on the lines of Wildheart.
Yes Wolvies claws are part of his mutation, the one that throws me is ij one comic I have( an issue of Wolverine) Sabertooth is given admantium like olvies, and the dialog would lead you to beleave that Sabertooth had it before. Is this so, and if it is how in the hell do he loose it cause I just don't remember that at all. When I get the chance I will dig out the issue and post the exact issue number. (I think its the issue with Beast and Wolvie in the Vault and Beast gets shanked while Wolvie was tossed in the hole).

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
Epyon
May 20, 2003 03:12PM
But in numerous tales of Wolverine's past, before his bones were laced with adamantium, Logan never had his bone claws. I smell a GIANT INCONSISTENCY here!... :-o

Besides, as mutations go, that's pretty freakish. Why didn't he just get prolonged fingernails like Sabretooth and Wild Child/Heart?
May 20, 2003 03:15PM
Apocalypse gave Sabretooth Adamantium. Then he took it away again, and gave it to Wolverine. Then Gambit got Sabretooth some more Adamantium.

Also, I think when they first put the metal in Logan they removed his natural claws first, utilising the muscle arrangements to sheath solid Adamantium blades. When he lost the implants, it took a little while for his claws to re-grow.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
May 20, 2003 03:15PM
Don't know why he didn't, but after loosing his admantium didn't his mutation begin to change him even more? His final mutation might have explained why, though I stopped collecting before it got to that point.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
Consumate
May 20, 2003 03:52PM

now my head is spinning :-o
Epyon
May 20, 2003 04:03PM
Did Marvel ever explain how Bullseye survived the process by which adamantium was grafted to parts of his skeleton? He doesn't have Wolverine's ability to rapidly heal any injury...
May 20, 2003 05:02PM
Because it was done right, by Lord Darkwind or a close associate.

Wolverine received a jury-rigged alternative in the Weapon X project, hence Deathstrike's vendetta.

Apocalypse did a rather better job, which is why Wolverine's Regeneration remained at Am rank when he got the metal back.

Of course, this isn't a proper explanation of how Bullseye survived. Or how having metal stuck in him healed a major spinal injury. But there you go.

-Wal

Epyon
May 21, 2003 06:53AM
Much obliged. Was Bullseye's adamantium graft only in his spine, or elsewhere? I thought it was his spine only, but in certain comics he has demonstrated having adamantium-laced bones elsewhere in his skeleton.
juddain
May 21, 2003 07:53AM
The MHB states that it was various bones that were laced with admantium (like his legs in the Streets of Poison storyline). Not his entire skeleton.
May 21, 2003 08:30AM
I thought having adamantium in the body would cause adamantium poisoning (as demonstrated by Wolverine when every mutant on earth lost their powers at the same time)?

As for Wolverine mutating, his healing factor has been constantly working against the adamantium poisoning in his body, so it was kept in check (I think). When his admantium was released the first time, his healing factor worked overtime to restore him, before being kinda burnt out (which explains why it was now possible for Wolverine to cough from smoking a cigar). When his healing factor recovered, there was no more adamantium to hold it back, so it started to 'evolve' him? Wolverine's healing factor has always been one of the 'constantly on' powers, so eventually, Wolverine gained control over it.

And finally, when he got the admantium back, the healing factor is now in check again. Then, the healing factor was erased for a while with everyones' mutant powers... and after that, I dunno. Hehe.

In the numbers of tales with Wolverine before the adamantium, I'm guessing that the shock from his childhood put some mental block on his claws, so he couldn't recall having them, and wouldn't let him use them at all. Then, the adamantium happened, and his memories got scrambled further, and out popped the claws... I guess. Or I'm completely wrong. :)
May 21, 2003 10:29AM
I had thought that I had read somewhere that the claws were a by-product of his healing factor and the adamantium graft.

I've got a "What If?" book around here about Wolverine never becoming Weapon-X.

Granted, not part of continuity, but:

Wolverine gets jumped outside a bar where he's been drinking. Only, this time, he beats down his assailants, and DOESN'T get kidnapped, and strapped into the crap that made him Weapon X.

The Weapon-X project administrators decide to go with another person - a human (non-powered, non-mutant) who's also a Mountie or something.

They do their magic, and augment the guy with adamantium and something else to make him superstrong.

He busts out, and goes bezerk - the process drove him insane and he's all animalistic - sound familiar?

Wolverine gets called in to put this guy down, because he's the only one that the Canadian government thinks can do the job. Wolvie does so, with his nifty katana and Japanese fist-dagger deals (and shuriken and all kinds of other Japanese weaponstuffs).

What's my point in all this? Well, this HUMAN, NON-MUTANT mountie, he had adamantium claws, baby. Just like our Wolverine does. No mutant powers to explain it, other than the Weapon-X project gave them to him.

Now, granted, this wasn't part of continuity, but it's just something else to chew on.

Also, didn't the adamantium that Wolverine get back come from Cyber, not Sabretooth? I seem to remember Cyber (who was adamantium-skinned, and had little adamantium needle-points on his fingertips) having something real nasty done to him, like scarab-beetles or something, that ate him, but left the adamantium.

I can't say for certain, but I thought that Apocalypse did this - and the scarab-beetles would be his touch, since he's Mister Egyptian...
May 21, 2003 10:51AM
Not sure about Cyber but I am pretty sure Wolvie got Admantium back due to the genorosity of Apokolyps.
I thought Cyber almost died and they had to use Constictors gear to save him.

May 21, 2003 11:23AM
Either that or...

Short, tough bloke who beats people up and can take a lot of punishment? Hell, I know at least two people like that. Short, tough bloke who beats people up and can take a lot of punishment and has claws? Freak of nature, provoking fear and hatred.

He might have just been keeping his claws hidden for safety reasons. Although admittedly when everyone for twenty miles around is trying to kill you already, this hardly applies...

-Wal

May 21, 2003 11:42AM
Cyber was killed by Genesis, son of Cable, who attempted to implant the Adamantium in Wolverine. Wolvie rejected the implants (read: fired them out of his body, massacring the Dark Riders) and then killed Genesis to rescue Domino.

A little while later he became Death, with Adamantium, and it was revealed that he got this position by beating an Adamantium-enhanced Sabretooth. Apocalypse, impressed, took the metal out of Creed and stuck it in Logan.

-Wal

May 21, 2003 12:06PM
Thanx Wallace i did not know how that came about.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.