Powersurge's Marvel Canada

Posted by Powersurge 
Powersurge's Marvel Canada
September 19, 2008 03:35PM
I started developing my own view of Marvel's Canada with the beginning of the Thunder campaign I ran a few years ago. The result forms the backdrop of both the Thunder and it's successor Morningstar campaigns, as well as the continuing adventures of Powersurge.

As with mainstream Marvel Canada, there is a government funded superhuman program called Department H that was founded by James MacDonald-Hudson, that was primarily aimed at developing Canada's superhuman rsources for the greater good of the country. It was organized arounda three tier system -- Gamma Flight, Beta Flight, and Alpha Flight -- and collectively known as the "Flight Program"; with Gamma Flight trianing raaw recruits in the fundamental control of their powers, Beta Flight preparing recruits for the field, and Alpha Flight representing the graduating class of field ready superheroes.

In mainstream Marvel continuity, Department H has been closed down and reopened as many times as James Mac (and Sasquatch) have "died" and been resurrected only to die again. My vision basically does away with the travestry and long string of bad writers that eventually destroyed the crediblity of Alpha Flight.

In my vision, while Deapartment H has undergone vast dips in funding, and was for a short while little more than a small, undermanned government offices overflowing with files on various superhumans and superhuman related issues (think the X-Files kinda), it has neverthless enjoyed a continuous existence... as has James Mac, Sasquatch, and the core team itself.

There came a time however, when the government began to grow fed up with the loose cannon attitude of empowered humans, and aimed to replace them with a more down-to-earth, and obedient force. Of the several alterntaives that were authored, it came down to General Jeremy Clarke's hi-tech soldier based "Epsilon Program" or Brigadier-General Randal North's robot-based "Project: Failsafe". When all was said and done, the Ministry decided to go with Clarke's Epsilon Program. While the services of Alpha Flight (and other superhumans) would still be used by the Canadian government, it would be on a purely contract/mission-specific basis, and the Flight Program was largely dissolved.

More to come...
Re: Powersurge's Marvel Canada
September 19, 2008 05:40PM
Very cool man. Where do you run this campaign of yours... West Coast perhaps?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
September 20, 2008 08:27AM
The Last Duskblade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very cool man. Where do you run this campaign of
> yours... West Coast perhaps?

Thanks! And yeah, I'm on the West Coast... Victoria, British Columbia to be specific. smiling smiley)
September 20, 2008 10:24PM
The Epsilon Guard

Originally developed by Department H as an alternative over-relience on superpowered defenders, the Epsilon Guard is composed of the creme de la creme of soldiers drawn from throughout the Canadian Armed Forces and authorized in the use of necessary force and detainment in any domestic incidents involving superhuman hostilities and vigilanteism. To help facilitate this end, they have been equipped with battle armour, hi-tech weaponary, and a variety of other resources via their existence within Department H.

A group of 10 battle ready Epsilon troopers, 3 pilots, and 1 Epsilon Shuttle can be found at the main Canadian Forces Base in the provinces of Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, and British Columbia. Saskatchewan is served by the Manitoba squad, the Maritime provinces by the Nova Scotia squad, and the northernly provinces and territories by adjacent southernly provinces as necessity dictates. Furthermore, Department H's main base in Ottawa is staffed by numerous Epsilons, as is the newly completed superpowered containment facility known as the "Dungeon" in the northern Rockies of B.C.

Epsilon Trooper (typical example)

F - Ex
A - Ex
S - Ex (adj. +2CS from armour)
E - Rm (adj. +1CS from armour)
R - Gd
I - Gd
P - Gd

Health: 90

Talents: Military, Law Enforcement, Martial Arts E, Resist Domination, Guns + 1 random talent chosen from pilot, first aid, repair/tinkering, weapons, or martial arts.

Epsilon Battle Armour: Beyond the above listed adjustements to strength and endurance, the battle armour affords Ex (20) protection vs. all physical and energy attacks, while it's independent oxygen suppy (20 minute duration under high exhertion) affords the wearer immunity to airbourne gase, poisons and toxins.

* Sensory Equipment: Epsilon armour affords the wearer with thermal imaging, a targetting system (+1CS to-hit), and provides Ex (20) protection vs. snensory attacks against the eyes and eyes, eg. blinding flash, sonic stun.
* Weaponary: Virtually all Epsilon troopers are issued a Rm (30) hi-tech assualt rifle with altnerate force or energy blast settings. One Epsilon in every unit however is issued a much larger In(40) version of essentially the same weapon, and every unit has access to 3 Am (50) strength power inhibitting manacles
* Technological Resources: Beyond this, the Epsilon Troopers have access to a broad array of technological weapons and devices, ranging from Gd (10) strength psi-shields to Am (50) strength stun-prods to Un(100) strength one-shot heavy duty energy cannons, than can be tailored for mission specifc ends.

Epsilon Shuttle

The Epsilon Shuttle is a hi-tech air craft with VTOL capabilities. They are black and red, rather boxy and rectangular in shape, and outfitted with a vast array of Rm (30) instrumentation including radar, commication systems, mutant and energy detection/tracking systems, and stealth capabilities. They can carry up to 15 fully armoured Epsilon Troopers, not including the pilotting crew. The super-powered prisoner transport is a bulkier version of the same craft, lacking the shuttles stealth capabilites and detection equipment, but equipped with Mn (75) strength power dampeners, a Rm (30) hull/protection, and capable of discharging an Am (50) strength sleep gas into the holding area..

Control: Ex Speed: Unearthly Body: Excellent Protection: Good

Epsilon Blacks

The Epsilon Blacks are a small special division within the Epsilon Guard that are at times used to reinforce the regulars, but are more often used for black ops. The operatives within the Blacks are ruthless and amoral compared to the regulars, who speak of the Blacks only in hushed tones.

F - Ex
A - Ex
S - Rm (adj. +3CS from battle armour)
E - In (adj.+2CS from battle armour)
R - Gd
I - Ex
P - Ex

Health: 110

Talents: as Epsilon regulars minus Law Enforcement

Battle Armour: Larger and bulkier than that armour of the regulars, it provides the wearer with Rm(30) protection to all physical and energy attacks, an independent oxygen supply, and Ex(20) psi-shields.
* Sensory Equipment: as per the Epsilon regulars.
* Weaponary: Epsilon Blacks are normally issued the In(40) heavy energy rifle used by the heavy gunner of the regulars, but otherwise have access to the same variety of technological resources.
September 21, 2008 12:12AM
Prominent Canadian Superheroes

Beyond the classic members of the Flight Program -- Weapon Alpha, Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar, Box, Puck, Marrina, Flashback, Diamond Lil, Smart Alec, Wild Child, Madison Jeffries -- and the campaign heroes Powersurge, Thunder, and Morningstar, Canada has a surprisingly small number of active superbeings. Many of the ones that the country does have are of power levels that do not extend too far beyond street level and whose activities tend to confined specific neighbourhoods or cities. Virtually all are monitored by the Department, and of those, most have come into some working relationship with the Department, be it directly or otherwise.

Some of the more prominent are...

Major Mapleleaf I (Louis Sadler Sr.)

Rumoured to have been the product of a super solider experiment, Major Mapleleaf burst open the scene by the end of the opening year of WW II taking up the nations standard in the Allied fight against Nazi Germany. The Axis powers came to call him "the Great White North" due to his great size and fierceness in battle, and he is known to have at times with the Invaders and it's it's members. Following the War, Major Mapleleaf took to a life of crime fighting on the streets of Toronto, Ontario, where the news papers quickly dubbed him "the Toronoto Terminator". He retired to start a family in 1963, and was not heard from for years, until he engaged in a vicious assualt on a children's hospital to kill an AIDS infected baby that had been grabbing significant media attention. He was opposed by Northstar, and eventually Northstar managed to pierce through the grief and rage that had clouded his mind -- grief over his faded glory, the death of his wife, the loss of his oldest and best loved son to AIDS, and rage that his sons death had passed unnoticed by the media -- and bring the battle to an end. Major Mapleleaf submitted without further battle and was taken into Epsilon Guard custody.

Soonafter his apprehension, Major Mapleleaf dropped off the radar altogether; thus prompting an informal investigation by his youngest son, Louis Sadler Jr. A wide-eyed but physically and intuitively gifted rookie in the RCMP, the lad soon tracked his father to an isolated research facility that was planning on dissecting the veteran and recreating the super soldier serum that had given him his powers. It was here that it was learned that the ever increasing bouts of grief and rage that Major Mapleleaf had been experiencing over the years was, as with many others, a by-product of the super soldier serum. In the battle to free his father, an explosion was set off that decimated most of the facility and trapped father and son in an inner room.... where they spoke of the research findings, the possilbity of a cure in the file Junior had taken, of how Junior was often scared of senior and felt neglected by him, of senior was deeply sorry and always loved him (as a father would his daughter), and at how proud he was of Junior for outgrowing his meekness and uncertainty and making it into the RCMP. In time, the two were rescued thanks to one of Junior's Fellow Mounties, and Major Mapleleaf began getting the treatment he needed.

In due time, with a clean bill of health, the veteran once again donned his costume and went back to work with the RCMP.

F - Rm A - Ex S - In E - Am R - Gd I - Ex P - Rm

Health: 140
Popularity: 30

Body Resistence: Excellent vs. physical attacks, and Typical vs. energy attacks.

Talents: Military, Law Enforcement, Detective, Martial Arts A, B, and E

Personality: Even under the best of circumstances Major Mapleleaf is a very gruff and forceful/intimidating personality of old school values coupled with a keen sense of justice and equality.
September 23, 2008 08:26PM
Major Mapleleaf II (Louis Sadler Jr.)

The youngest of Major Mapleleaf's 2 sons, Louis Jr. was a delicate child and so, as the offsrping as a tough-as-nails WW II veteran, it cannot be said that he was his father's favourite. With the death of his mothers as a young child, as well as the personality degradation brought on by Senior's exposure to the Super Soldier Serum, the lad thus became increasingly subject to his fathers mood swings and outburts of anger.

Thus, as soon as Louis Jr. came of age he joined the Canadian Armed Forces, where he overcame the psychological inhibitions of his upbringing and began to live up to his full potential; becoming a model soldier, a consumate and unrivalled athlete and mixed martial artist, and going on from there to earn a position in the RCMP... a monumental achievement for a white male in this day and age.

His first mission involved tracking down his father after he disappeared from Department H custody (see above).

F - Rm A - Rm S - Ex E - Rm R - Gd I - Ex P - Ex

Popularity:5

Talents: Martial Arts B, C and D, Acrobatics, Detective/Espoinage, Military, Guns, Law Enforcement.

Personality: Even as his father exemplifies the classic Canadian Mountie from the Gold Rush Era, so does Major Mapleleaf Jr. embody all the virtues assigned to the stereotypical modern Canadian Mountie... tall, strong, clean cut, trusting, courteous, inclusive, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2008 08:29PM by Powersurge.
September 24, 2008 06:44PM
Canucklehead and Roughrider

A duo of heroic biker-rebels, Canucklehead and Roughrider have been operating primarily in the Ontario-Quebec region for almost a decade now; waging a casual war against the Canadian underworld. Nothing is known of their origins or deeper motivations, only that they burst onto the scene as the perpetrators of a string of heinous assualts on entire chapters of the Hells Angels that culminated in the murder of three police officers and a prominent figure within the motorcycle gang. When authorities at last caught up with the duo and attempted to arrest them, they forcibly resisted, leaving many of the officers hospitalized before making their escape.

Soon after the establishment of the Epsilon Guard, Department H managed to capture Canucklehead and thence forth began to utilize the duo's services on a contract basis. This association has done little to tame their anarchist inclinations, and while the Department has had acted to shield the duo from civilian authorities on occassion, it has also acted to remind them who's boss.

Canucklehead

F - Ex A - Gd S - Gd E - In R - Gd I - rm P - In

Health: 80
Resources: Gd
Popularity: 4

Powers:
1) Combat Senses: Low grade telepathy provides Canuckleahead with Incredible combat senses. This rank replaces Agility for the sake of dodging, Intuition for determining initiative and surprise, and Strength for purposes of blocking.
2) Hysterical Strength: With a Red Psyche FEAT Canucklehead can increase his Strength to Rm (30) for 3 + 1 - 10 rounds.
3) Iron Will: In (40).
4) PsychoBlast: Canucklehead can fire a focused blast of psionic energy that strikes for Ex(20) damage on the edged column

Talents: Martial Arts B and E, Electronics, Computers

Personality: Canucklehead is a calm, cool and collected man, who becomes down right cold once the fur starts flying. He is the thinker of the duo, who at times seems to have undergone some form of higher education. For all of that, like his partner Roughrider, Canucklehead is a basically good hearted man; as inclined to help an old lady with her groceries or lend a hand at a local children's charity drive as he is to mercilessly curb stomp a pimp, drug-dealer or gang enforcer.

Roughrider

F - Gd A - Ty S - In A - In R - Ty I - Ex R - Ex

Health: 96
Resources: Gd
Popularity: 2

Powers:
1) True Invulnerability: Roughriders physiology is so tough that all physical and energy damage agaisnt him are reduced by a Ty (6) amount, ie. -3 CS.

Talents: Martial Arts A and B, Mechanics

Personality: Roughhouse is the bigger, louder, and more outspoken of the duo, and it is he that usually does the talking.... though he is rarely impulsive this way and is usually directed by Canucklehead. He is capable of great brutality vs. those he perceives to be evil, but equal degrees of charity and kindness.
October 22, 2008 03:38PM
Very cool! I hope someday we get some more of those Canadian Heros!
October 22, 2008 06:26PM
Thanks Aramanthus!

I plan on including most of the characters from my home campaign. Unfortunately, that means that most will be villains. Most of the heroes that appear will be established Marvel heroes, with only the odd homebrew hero.

Of course, if there are any established heroes you or anyone wants me to tackle (for the sake of collecting everything in one spot if nothing else), just let me know and, if they don't appear in this sights Profiles or my stats differ, I'll see what I can do!
October 22, 2008 10:18PM
LOL Thank you for the offer. I've been creating charactersince 1982 for this game. I'm actaully thinking of posting my characters on the area with the characters. I've got a Bio Booster Guyver I created for a game awhile back. It waas a fun and lethal character.
October 25, 2008 01:36PM
The Renegades

Two years ago there was a major shake up in ranks of the Epsilon Division following the public revelation of Epsilon intiation practices and their treatment of superpowered criminals. In the wake of an inquiry into the matter, nearly two dozen Epsilon troopers were served dishonourable discharges despite an otherwise impeccable track record. Amongst those so discharged was Captain Steven Gunn, who managed to round up a full squad of disgruntled Epsilon and steal a number of Epsilon Black battlesuits (since modified), along with an experimental teleportation platform, on their way out. They have since reappeared as international mercs for hire; most recently pulling off a successful heist of GenTech Inc. despite the best efforts of GenTech's super-synthoid, Thunder, to stop them.

Renegade (typical example)

F - Ex
A - Ex
S - Rm (adj.)
E - Rm (adj.)
R - Gd
I - Gd
P - Gd

Health: 100

Talents: Military, Law Enforcement, Martial Arts E, Resist Domination, Guns, + 1 random talent chosen from pilot, first aid, repair/tinkering, weapons, or martial arts.

Renegade Battle Armour: Beyond the above listed enhancements to Strength and Endurance (+2CS, Maximum Rm), these battle suits also provide the wearer with Remarkable protection vs. all physical and energy attacks, and Amazing protection vs. heat, cold, and radiation. Furthermore, it has an air filtration system that provides Remarkable resistence to gases, airborne toxins, and airborne diseases, as well as an independent air supply that can last for up to 1 hour at optimal exhertion or up to 4 hours at complete rest. Rudimentary psi-shields provide Excellent protection vs. psionic attack/manipulation.

* Sensors: the Renegade battle armour is equipped with a wide sensor array, providing Protected Senses (sight, hearing, smell) at Remarkable levels, Infravsion at Excellent intensity, Radar at Remarkable, and Mutant, Psionic, and Radiation Detection at Excellent levels. Full radio commincations systems included, as well as a targetting system that provides a +2CS to hit with ranged attacks.
* Energy Rifles: the Renegades carry hi-tech rifles that allow them to project beams of energy capable of causing causing Remarkable damage on the energy column or Stunning with Remarkble intensity.
* Remote Teleportation Module: Built into the left forearm of each unit, and normally both concealed and protected by an armoured cover, the RTM enables each unit to communicate with the main teleportation pod and effect a return 'port from virtually anywhere on the face of the earth. The process takes a mere turn, and parametres outlined either prior to a mission, or during using the RTM, prevent unwanted "piggy-backing", ie. a hero can't grab one just before she/he 'ports and 'port along with it.
October 28, 2008 11:29AM
THUNDER

Identity: Known to the Canadian government
Legal status: Citizen of Canada with no criminal record
Place of birth: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada.
Marital status: Single

Height: 6’3”
Weight: 265 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: No body hair. Blonde paste on eye-brows.

STATS

F - Rm A - Ex S - Mn E - Am R - Ty I - Pr P - Ty

Health: 175
Popularity: 10
Resources: Good

Known Powers:
1) Body Resistance: Thunder's toughed physiology provides him with Rm (27) resistance to all physical/force based attacks, Ex (17) vs. energy attacks, and Un (88) resistance to all poisons, toxins and disease.
2) Sound Generation: Thunder has the Am (46) ability to generate sound. He can use this to create a concentrated attack against a single opponent for Am(46) force damage. He has also developed the following power stunts:
* Sonic Flight: enables flight at up to Rm speeds, but is always accompanied by a slight rumbling, reminscient of thunder.
* Thunder Clap: by slapping his hands together and amplifiying the sound, Thunder is capable of generating an omnidirectional stunning attack against everyone in the same area as himself. This attack is of In intensity, and requires End feats vs. power rank in order to avoid being stunned for 1-10 turns.
3) Thundercrack: By tapping into internal power stores, Thunder can deliver blows of absolutely devastating force. He can enhance his punching damage by either +1CS or +2CS. In the former case he must roll vs. a Stun (or be stunned for 1-10 turns) with each use, while in the latter case his FASE drops by -2CS for 1-10 turns in addition to a possible Stun. Lost ranks return at a rate of +1CS per turn.

Talents: Martial Arts B, Law Enforcement

History:

Thunder is the first in the line of GenTech's super-synthoids; bioengineered synthetic lifeforms with a genetic predisposition for the wellbeing of humanity created by the brilliant Canadian geneticist Dr.Alfred Stone under the aegis of GenTech Inc. As per the specifics of the synthoid, Thunder physically mature to adulthood within a year after his emergence from the energy womb that gave him his specific set of powers. He then spent the next for years being encultured and educated by Dr.Stone himself, during which time a father-son relationship was formed between the two. After 4 years of such education, and much observation, the synthoid was given the civilian identity of Nathaniel Jones (a security guard employed at GenTech HQ), and released on the city of Toronto as it's newest hero, Thunder.

While possessed of fundmanetal education, basic intelligence, and a very high regard for human life, Thunder is very nieve and often misses anything that is not obvious. He comes off as a little dumb.

Thunder #1

Nathan moved into his own apartment in downtown Toronto, and there met his neighbour's son, the 9 year old boy Brent Smithers.

Later that night a group of thieves in hi-tech armour (the Renegades) broke into GenTech while Nathan was on duty. Donning his costume, Thunder attempted to stop them, but after a brief skirmish the thieves utilized telepotation tech. to escape with a number of experiental special organic energy cells that were underdevelopement by the company. With a few phone calls to old friends, Dr.Stone soon learned that the energy cells were currently being held on the groundlevel of a storage warehouse at the HQ of Stark Industries.

Thunder #2

Thunder is sent to the USA to retrieve the stolen O.E.C.'s Breaking into the Stark Industries warehouse, he was soon confronted by Iron Man. Acquasations were made, heated words exchanged, and before long a battle broke out between the heroes. As they fought, the Firepower battle armour -- an ultra-powerful suit of hi-tech battle armour which had been spirited away to Stark Industries after Iron Man's narrow defeat of it sometime ago -- went online and proceeded to knock both heroes out with a surprise attack. It then claimed the powerful energy cells and fled.

Thunder #3

Thunder and Iron Man awoke to find both Firepower and the O.E.C's gone. In a meeting that soon followed, Anthony Stark advised the two heroes to team up, with each agreeing to keep the others secrets, ie. Stark's possession of the Firepower armour, Thunder's break and entry. Dr.Stone was once again able to locate the energy cells, and with that, both Thunder and Iron Man proceeeded to break into the facility that held it and confront the thief; which turned out to be Alexander Mig, an engineer who had helped design and build the Firepower armour and believed that he was it's rightful owner. The O.E.C.'s would act as an ever-replenishing power for the suit in the pursuit of his self-serving goals. He had already donned the battle armour when the heroes arrived, but had only managed to hook up two of the three O.E.C.'s. Nevertheless, the battle that followed was hard and the duo eventually managed a narrow victory soon after one of the two O.E.C.'s failed.

With Firepower's defeat, each of the heroes claimed their property and bid the other a fond farewell.
November 01, 2008 10:30AM
Thunder #4

While patrolling the sprawling Canadian metropolis of Toronto, Thunder witnessed an attempted hit on a couple of Italian Mafia. Saving them, he soon learned of a gang war that had been raging in the city for the past month between a new hi-tech gang calling themselves "the Knights" and all segements of the criminal underworld; from Italian and Russian Mafia to Hell Angels and ethnic youth gangs.

The following evening as Nathan made super for himself at his new apartment, he heard a great commotion coming frolm the lower floor of the building. Investigating, he found a large, muscular man pounding on the door of Brent Smithers and threatening to break it down. Nathan calmly confronted the man, but within moments a fight broke out. And it ended within moments as well, as Nathan sent the foul tempered interloper packing after he grabbed the man's punch and crushed his fist.

When Brent's beautiful mopther, Susan, emerged from the apartment moments later she thanked Nathan and explained that the man, Oscar by name, was her ex common law husband, Brent's father. They had broken up over two years ago as a result of his temper, promiscuity, and involvement in drugs and crime, but he just didn't "get it". Nathan said that it was no problem at all and when a shaken Brent came to the door, he did his best to raise the young boys spirits. By the end of it all, Nathan had a movie-date with Susan and Brent.

Unfortunately, as the three stood outside the movie theatre that Friday evening they learned of a trio of supervillains ramapigng nearby and heading this way. As panic continued to escalate amongst the crowd of pedestrians, Nathan slipped away into the crowd and made his way over to a nearby underground parkade. There he proceeded to change into his Thunder costuem, unaware that he had been followed and seen by Brent.

Confronting the trio of rampaiging villains, Thunder ordered them to cease with their senseless destruction. Their leader named himself as Poweblast, his companions as the Diehard and Fist, and the team as the Powermongers, and then attacked Thunder without further adieu. The battle was hard foughtm, but Thunder took the victory in the end. However, not only did Powerblast manage to escape, but Susan had been hit by some debris during the melee and suffered both a concussion and a broken arm.

This incident made the news, and while Thunder was well received in this, his public debute, there were nevertheless questions raised regarding colloateral damage, liablity, Hagon's Law (governing the public use of superpowers) and it's application.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Powermongers

Powerblast, Diehard, and Fist were raw recruits in the Epsilon Division when the old order was dissolved a few years back by the goverenment as a result of questionable training tactics, ethics, and conduct. When they heard of how a number of veteran Epsilons went rogue, stealing a teleportation pod and a number of power-suits in the process (the Renegades), they were inspired to attempt something similar with an experimental battlejacket they been assigned to guard. During the robbery, Powerblast punctured some strange canisters with energy blasts fired from the battlevest. These canisters leaked out a strange gas that enveloped his two friends. It was not long afterwards that their powers began to emerge and they began a life of crime.

Powerblast
Franklin "Frank" McKenzie (hi-tech)

F - Ex (Rm)
A - Gd
S - Gd (Rm)
E - Ex (Rm)
R - Gd
I - Ex
P - Gd

Health: 60 (100)

Known Powers
Battlejacket: This hitech jacket amplifies the wearers upper-body strength, and utilizes both onboard combat computers and injections to increase the wearers combat ability and endurance to the above listed ranks. While the increase in upper-body strength allows the wearer to punch and grapple with greater strength, actual lifting capacity remains unaltered. Above and beyond the physical enhancements the jacket is capable of generating bolts of Incredible (43) concussive force, which strike with +2 CS accuracy due to the suits onboard targetting system, while the suit itself provides Excellent (23) protection vs. all physical and energy attacks. Its helmet and visor also provide Amazing protection vs. sound and sight based attacks.

Talents: Military, Guns, Martial Arts B

Diehard
Mark Osbourne (altered-human)

F - Rm
A - Rm
S - Gd
E - Rm
R - Ty
I - Gd
P - Gd

Health: 100

Known Powers
Body Resistence: Typical (6) vs. physical attacks.
Regeneration: Remarkable (30).
Energy Manipulation: Diehard has the Remarkable ability to form various hand-held and/or thrown weapons out of energy. He can solid weapons of Remarkable material strength, or non-solid weapons that strike for Remarkable energy damage. He is immune to the energy he produces, solid or otherwise.

Talents: Military, Weapons Master, Martial Arts A, B

Fist
Thomas "Tom" Harrison (altered-human)

F - Gd
A - Ty
S - In
E - Am
R - Ty
I - Pr
P - Pr

Health: 106

Known Powers
Body Resistence: Fist has Ex (20) resistence to all physical and energy attacks.
Growth(permanent): Fist is permanently trapped at 8' tall and weights in at roughly 1000 lbs, affording opponents a +1 CS to-hit him. However, his forearms and hands are much bigger still, affording him a +1CS to his Slugfest damage.

Talents: Military
November 11, 2008 09:31AM
Thunder #5

Thunder is again hailed a hero in the papers; this time for saving a number of firemen who were trapped is an inferno.

While out on patrol several days later, the synthoid spotted a couple of Hell's Angels bikers being flung out of a 8th story window. After saving both from certain death, he flew into the apartment they'd been thrown from and therein came face-to-face with two members of the Knights.

Thunder demanded that they both surrender themselves immediately, but the thugs merely sneered, saying that they would " ... show this new costumed clown who's really in control around here". Both were abruptly defeated and had to be taken to the hospital for injuries received during the brief but violent melee.

Thunder's detractors in the the press were quick to jump all over this incident, citing the need to perhaps dust off "Hagon's Law" and apply it with all due prejudice. As a result, Dr.Stone quickly arranged a meeting between himself, Thunder, and both the Mayor of Toronto and it's Chief of Police in order to discuss deputizing the synthoid.

Arriving at the Mayor's office on the day of the appointment, Thunder was given a friendly warning about the use of excessive force, but was otherwise warmly received by the officials. After some discussion the proper documentation was filed, and both officials expressed their hopes in Thunder being able to deal with the Knights.

Following the meeting, Nathan went and picked Brent up from school and then they both went to pick up Susan from the hospital.

Later that evening, Nathan took Brent aside and asked him to promise to never reveal his secret identity. The lad solemnly promised, but kiddingly stated that, in exchange, he might like to go flying sometime.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Knight (typical)

F - Gd A - Ty S - Gd E - Gd R - Pr I - Ty P - Pr

Health: 36

Body Armour: Typical protection vs. all physical/force attacks.
Stun Baton: made of Remarkable strength material, these batons enable a Knight to strike for Excellent blunt damage. Any successful hit also carries with it an energy charge that forces the victim to make an Endurance Feat vs. Excellent Intensity or be stunned for 1 - 10 turns. Alternately, the charge can used to project an Excellent strength bolt of energy up to 2 areas away.
Kinetic Amplification Knuckles: Sometimes a Knight or two might be outfitted with these glorified brass-knuckles, which add a +2CS to slugfest damage, but they are less popular than the Stun Baton.

Talents:
+1 CS to hit with Stun Batons

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2008 09:35AM by Powersurge.
November 19, 2008 06:28PM
The rest of the Thunder series rewrites will be posted here ...

[forum.alphaflight.net]

I'll keep this thread for strictly for stats and whatever else.

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

January 06, 2009 06:15PM
MORNINGSTAR

Identity: Known to the Canadian government
Legal status: Citizen of Canada with no criminal record
Place of birth: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada.
Marital status: Single
Known relatives: Nathaniel Johnson/Thunder (deceased)

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 265 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: No body hair. Blonde paste on eye-brows.
**Note**: The Morningstar synthoid looks almost physically identical to the Thunder synthoid, save for eye colour, and all of GenTech's super synthoids are built from the same genetic template, ie. they are essentially clones of one another.

Fighting - Excellent
Agility - Remarkable
Strength - Incredible
Endurance - Monstrous
Reason - Good
Intuition - Good
Psyche - Poor

Health: 141
Popularity : 25
Resources: Good

Known Powers

1) Body Resistence: Morningstar possess Excellent (16) resistence to force-based attacks, Typical (6) resistence to energy attacks, and Remarkable resistence to both heat/fire and cold. Furthermore, his eyes are capable of instanteously screening out Amazing (46) degrees of light, and he has Unearthly (88) resistence to all poisons/toxins, virus', radiation, and disease.
2) Starlight Vision: Morningstar's eyes are capable of amplifiying existing light, providing him with Good (8) nightvision.
3) True Flight: Morningstar can fly at up to Incredible (36) speeds, which is 300 mph or 20 areas/round.
4) Solar Energy Absorption (full Light spectrum): Morningstar is capable of absorbing Unearthly (88) amounts of sunlight. The points so absorbed can be used to instantaneously heal all forms of damage, including that suffered via starvation, dehydration, or suffocation, or to bolster either his Strength or Light Generation/Manipulation powers, or some combuiantion of the aforementioned. On a clear day, while near-naked or clothed in his specially designed custom, Morningstar can absorb up to 1 point every 3 rounds. This rate can vary quite considerably based upon a number of factors but can never exceeed the power rank, ie. Unearthly, per round.
5) Light Generation/Manipulation: Morningstar is capable of both generating and controlling light with Amazing (46) ability. Thus far he has learned the following stunts ...
- generate light of up to Amazing brilliance
- darken/intensify existing light with Amazing ability
- fire a Photon Blast that strikes with Amazing force
- shape various objects of solid light that have up to Amazing material strength, and which last for a number of rounds equal to the power rank points invested once he has shifted his attention away from them. The rank of such unattended to constructs dwindle correspondingly. He can always return and renew such energy constructs before they expire, and can form and sustain up to 3 objects on a power rank role vs. Amazing intensity, or 2 at a power rank role vs. Rm intensity.

Talents
Law Enforcement

Contacts
Dr.Alfred Stone and GenTech, Toronto's Chief of Police, Powersurge

History
The Morningstar synthoid has been awake in his energy "womb" at GenTech Research and Developement Facility just outside of Yellowknife, NWT, for two years now. However, most of that time has been spent in the confines of GenTech. Only recently has he reached full growth and begun to undertake the "Advanced Socialization" program. Overseeing his developement (as the frontman for an entire team of GenTech psychologists and sociologists), is Dr. Jessica Banks (appearance-wise, think Thelma (?) from Scooby-Doo; the short, chunky one with the glasses).

Like the Thunder synthoid, Morningstar has been conditioned according to ethical guidelines, and with very strong instincts toward compassion for the human species. While no where near as "spacey/thick" as Thunder, Morningstar nevertheless has an open, quiestioning, and somewhat niave disposition.

August 15, 2009 08:54PM
Little Princess and the Cyberknights

Little Princess is a teenage mutant who, with the help of her gang, originally dubbed the Knights, instigated a gang-war with all segments of Toronoto's underworld; quickly cowing or otherwise manipulating them all into submission. The string of murders and influx of hi-tech weaponary that heralded her rise to supremacy soon got the attention of Major Mapleleaf, who ultimately teamed up with Thunder, who had a number of incidental encounters with the Knights already, to stop an incoming shipment of hi-tech arms the possession of which would cement the supremacy of the Knights. Unfortunately, while able to seize a good half of the shipment, a number of Knights were able to make off with the rest. And so, in a subsequent bank heist, Mapleleaf and Thunder found themselves confronted not only by a much better equipped "Cyberknight", but also the all new "Charger" battle armour. Nevertheless, the combined might of both Thunder and Major Mapleleaf was too much even for these.

Infuriated at the success of the heroes, Little Princess lured Major Mapleleaf into a trap, had him kidnapped and subjected to regualr beatings. To deal with Thunder himself, Little Princess subjected one of her soldiers, Oscar Smithers, to a blackmarket mutagen that transformed him into a gigantic purple brute, dubbed Goon, and then ordered him to issue a public challenge to Thunder. The two fought in a telelvised battle at the Toronto Skydome, with Goon grwoing to even greater and ore mishappened proportions as the battle progressed, but in the end Thunder was able to manage a hard won victory. Goon however dissolved into a genetic gloop, due to a side-effect of the mutagen he'd taken.

Ultimately, after rescuing Major Mapleleaf and beating Little Princess' location out of one of the attending Cyberknights, a furious Thunder fell under the Little Princess' power to inspire adoration and for a time served as her stooge ... whom she affectionately refered to as "Blunder". Under her power, Thunder was forced to carry her packages when she went shopping, to work out naked as she lounged by the pool, to sleep in the bathtub, and to pull off a couple of heists. On the second of these, another bank heist, Thunder was confronted by Guardian, Sasquatch, and Northstar, and quickly subdued and Little Princess' hold over him broken.

Finally, Thunder, with the aid of a chemical cocktail that dulled his psionic receptors, went to confront Little Princess and her gang at her penthouse suite apartment. However, during the final battle, with Thunder hard pressed by a couple of Chargers, a number of hi-tech soldiers burst into the room and quickly rendere the Chargers inoperable and Thunder unconscious. When the hero awakened sometime later, the was no trace of Little Princess.

Her ultimate fate remains a mystery. But with her disappeanrace the Cyberknight's collapsed.

Little Princess
(Eleena Christiansen; mutant)

F - Poor
A - Good
S - Typical
E - Typical
R - Good
I - Good
P - Remarkable

Health: 26

Known Powers:
Emotion Control: Little Princess has the Remarkable ability to inspire complete loyalty and adoration for herself in others. This effect lasts for up to 30 minutes after leaving Little Princesses prescence.
Psychic Screech: Little Princess is capable of generating a psychic screech that accompanies her vocal screech, forcing everyone in the same area as her to make an Intuition Feat vs. Remarkable intensity or be Stunned for 1 - 10 turns.

Talents:
Tumbling
Trivia: Popular Gossip/Rumours/Trends

Description: Appearance wise think Supergirl from the JLA: Unlimited tv show. About 5'5", 100 lbs, beautiful and athletically built, blonde hair in pigtails, dressed in the latest teen fashions, with a lingo and attitude to match. As the name implies, Little Princess is full of herself and a superhuman sense of self-importance and entitlement. Her goals are to live up to her name and both do and have whatever she wants ... or else.

Typical Knight

F - Good
A - Typical
S - Good
E - Good
R - Poor
I - Typical
P - Poor

Health: 36

Body Armour: Typical protection vs. all physical/force attacks.
Stun Baton: made of Remarkable strength material, these batons enable a Knight to strike for Excellent blunt damage. Any successful hit also carries with it an energy charge that forces the victim to make an Endurance Feat vs. Excellent Intensity or be stunned for 1 - 10 turns. Alternately, the charge can used to project an Excellent strength bolt of energy up to 2 areas away.
Kinetic Amplification Knuckles: Sometimes a Knight or two might be outfitted with these glorified brass-knuckles, which add a +2CS to slugfest damage, but they are less popular than the Stun Baton.

Talents:
+1 CS to hit with Stun Batons

Description: blue, second rate armour beneath white tabards emblazoned with a golden crown, and topped with a visored helmet. See pic in above thread. Beneath the armour, all of Little Princesses Knights were handpicked from the "hottest" thugs and mercs. They all have long, wavey and/or gelled hair, smooth, clean shaven/waxed skin, good builds, and they look every inch like male models. These are your standard troopers regarldess of armour worn.

Cyberknight Armour

F - n/a
A - n/a
S - +1CS
E - n/a

Body Armour: Good Protection vs. all physical/force and energy attacks, as well as protected senses (vision, hearing) at Incredible rank.
Heavy Energy Blaster: this large, M60 like energy blaster is capable of causing up to Remarkable damage on the energy column. Can be used independently of the armour, and is merely "standard issue", though depending on the resources a Cyberknight might be outfitted with lesser Knight weaponary instead ... or something altogether new and different!

Charger Battle Armour

F - +1CS
A - n/a
S - +2CS
E - +2CS

Body Armour: Excellent vs. all physical and energy attacks, and Incredible Protected Senses (sight, hearing).
Energy Cannon: Built into the left fist of the battle armour, the ECannon is capable of inflicting a whopping Incredible damage on the Energy column.

Goon
(Oscar Smithers; Altered Human)

F - Good
A - Good
S - Amazing
E - Incredible
R - Poor
I - Good
P - Typical

Powers:
Body Resistence: Incredible vs/ physical and Excellent vs. energy.

**Goon was created in a rush process that failed to use a genetic stabilizer, so for each turn of combat after the first he shall lose -1 CS to his Reason. As it reaches Shift 0, his Strength and Enduarance will begin to grow at +1CS each per turn until they reach Unearthly(88). As this occures, his limbs, muscles and facial features will begin to grow and distort misproportionately. Within 5 minutes of hitting Unearthly Goon will effectively melt as the molecular bonds holding his DNA together overload and break down.

Talents:
+1CS to hit with Stun Batons

Description: as Goon Oscar stood over 7' feat tall, and weighed well over 700 lbs of massive, hulking muscle. His skin was purple, dotted by stians of yellow and green, his cheek and jaw bones had become very prominent, but he retained his wavy brown hair and well trimmed goattee.

Oscar Smither was a violent petty criminal that managed to land the beautfil Susan Smithers as a wife. While the two had a young boy together, named Brent, his criminal activites and abusive nature ultimately forced Susan to to take her son and leave him. His first encounter with Thunder, came while the synthoid was in his civilian identity and overheard a commotion coming from the ground floor of his apartment building; which was Oscar pounding on and raging at Susan's door. The synthoid quickly sent him packing, only to be jumped several days later by Oscar and a number of his fellow Knights. While they didn't fair any better in this encounter, Oscar nevertheless came to strongly suspect that "this guy" was actually Thunder. Thus, when Little Princess offered to turn one of her Knights into a superhuman capable of matching Thunder's strength, Oscar jumped at the chance, and became Goon.

Thunder's televised battle with Goon more or less put him in the map, and won him the heart of the people of Toronto.

September 01, 2009 02:36PM
the Puritan (formerly the Crusader)

F - Am
A - Rm
S - Am
E - Am
R - Ty
I - Pr
P - Gd

Health: 180

Divine Radiance: Puritan is capable of calling down solar energy into his gauntlets or sword (the clouds actually open if present to let a beam of light cascade down) and redirecting it from there in bolts that strike with Am (50) force.

Levitation: Puritan has also demonstrated limited powers of levitation at Pr rank.

Armour of Faith: Puritan's armour is a phyiscal manifestation of his faith and has no actual existence. It is considered to be of Unearthly material strength, and provides rank level protection vs. edged, shooting, and magic damage, Am. protection vs. energy damage, and In protection vs. blunt or crushing attacks.

Shield of Faith: like Puritan's armour this shield has no actual existence but can be considered Unearthly material strength. It can be used to Block, using the material strength of the shield rather than the Puritan's.

Sword of Faith: Puritan's sword is also a manifestation of his faith, and can thus be considered to be made of Unearthly material Strength. He can strike with this for Am damage on the Edged Column.

Power of Faith: Puritan's powers are entirely fueled by his own hubris and singleminded conviction that he alone ("and maybe, hopefully(?), a few others") is privy to the Ultimate Truth and Goodness. When this faith is brought into question, Puritan must make a Psyche Feat roll vs. the Intensity of the challenge (which may vary with experience and subsequent rationalizations) or his FASE and Power ranks begin to fall at a rate of -1CS per turn. This continues until his FASE drop to their original levels (F - Ty, A - Ty, S - Gd, E - Ty) and his Powers effectively cease to be.

Influence of Mephisto: Puritan's other source of power is Mephisto, who shapes the energy of his misguided faith and enables the zealot to tap into it in ways palatable to his mortal thinking and his self-concept. If his faith is brought into question, Blackwood's critique of himself offers an oppurtunity, however slight, for him to not only see through his own line of BS (which might only lead to the formulation of another line of BS!), but also to perceive the influence of Mephisto and break the Devil's hold on him. Unfortunately, Blackwood's basic personality type and degree of mental discipline make this exceedingly difficult, requiring a Karma-free 00 Red Psyche Feat, ie. Psyche Feat vs. Incredible Intensity. It also prevents him from seeking the help of those best able to help, eg. Dr.Strange-types, Thor-types, Professor X-types, Joe/Jane Wiseman-types, or anyone really who he would be willing to Combine his Psyche with, in a "counselling" type situation, in order to improve his chance at making the Feat roll.

Recent History

Following his battle with Thor (Issue #330), Arthur Blackwood (aka Crusader) drifted northward to the seclusion of the Canadian north. In time he came to the realization that the reason Thor did not die from the wound he inflicted on him, the reason why Thor was able to shattered his sword, was not because of the might of the "False-God" but because of his own eagerness to spill blood with so dire and heathen a weapon as a sword (a taboo amongst preChristian Teutonic priests incidently) and the disapproval of the Savior with that. Afterall, was it not the ancient worshippers of Thor and his "devilish ilk" that prayed to swords, that took oaths on swords, that worshipped a "devil" called Saxnote or Seaxneat, meaning the Companion of the Sword? Too eager was he to cut and spill blood with the heathen instrument, and such was his ruin. So he vowed never to use it again save in the most dire circumstances, lest goodness falter. This new belief was soon fortified in a vision Blackwood received, in which he was further guided back to civilization and into association with various religious fundamentalists groups active in Canada.

In time it came to pass the Blackwood caught wind of GenTech and its work via his associations. He had a vision in which a great voice from on high commanded him to go forth to GenTech HQ and use the might of God's Divine Radiance to reign down his vengeance upon that "Temple of Blasphemey" and leave it a pile of rubble. So, under the name the Puritan, Blackwood set off on yet another crusade, only to be confronted and defeated by the synthetic hero, Thunder.

Little does Arthur Blackwood realize that the spirits and visions he has hithero thought were his Catholic ancestors and sent by virtue of Christ have actaully been sent by Mephisto. The arch-fiend is well aware of the patronizing arrogance and contempt many so-called Christian harbour toward their fellow man -- like they themselves are something more than the glorified primate that is man -- and that these "virtues" exist in spades in Blackwood. Thus, the Fiend has periodically used them all, but especially Blackwood and his ilk, to serve his will in sowing division and strife and disbelief throughout the world.

In the words of Mephisto, "The greatest trick the Devil ever ochastrated was NOT to teach man that the Devil does not exist. Rather, the greatest trick the Devil ever orchastrated was to teach man that that the Devil was actually a god. And not merely a god, but the One and Only True God and source of Goodness!!" (close up panel of Mephisto, his sneering grin, a twinkle in his cruel eyes).

September 03, 2009 03:54AM
BROODLING
(altered-human)

Identity: Known to the Canadian Governement
Legal Status: Citizen of Canada with no criminal record.
Place of Birth: Churchill, Manitoba, Canada
Marital Status: Single

Height: 6'3" (6'3" as Farhill)
Weight: 400 lbs. (250 lbs as Farhill)
Hair: none (Black as Farhill)
Eyes: Red (Brown as Farhill)

F - Rm (Ex as Farhill)
A - Gd
S - Rm (Gd as Farhill)
E - Ex (Gd as Farhill)
R - Fe (Gd as Farhill)
I - Ex (Gd as Farhill)
P - Ex

Health: 90 (50 as Farhill)
Popularity: -1
Resources: n/a

Powers:
1)Body Resistence: Ex. vs. force-based attacks.
2)Winged Flight: Gd speed or 120 mph.
3)Claws/Teeth: Claws and teeth are made of Ex. strength material and can inflict up to Ex edged damage.
4)BioVampirism(bite): The Broodling can drain Typcial amounts of Health from a victim every round up to a maximum of Amazing, ie. 50 points. Points so drained are split between the Strength and Endurance attributes of the Broodling, to be lost thereafter at a rate of 1 per hour. In order to effect the vampiric exchange, the Broodling must make a successful bite attack, and then maintain it for every round of draining. Tearing the Broodling off requires a Strength withion 2CS of the Broodling and then a Escape roll. It also result in another Ex damage and whatever edged effect the Broodling scored in the original bite, ie. Red =Kill, Yellow = Stun. Any of the Broodlings victims that are allowed to survive undergo a temporary mutation into "drones". Such drones are +1CS Fighting and Intuition, +2 CS Strength, gaining Typical resistence to blunt attacks and Excellent strength claws/teeth, their Reason drops to Feeble, and they become highly xenophobic and aggressive. Broodling is conscious of the process, and can control them in a as yet underdetermined fashion... perhaps by limted empathy or telepathy, or the release pheremones. The mutations lasts 48 hours and then the drone reverts to normal with only a vague sense of it's deeds.

History:

Jack Farhill was the Chief of Security at GenTech's HQ in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He had been with the company since it's beginnings, and had worked his way up from the bottom of the security totem pole. However, with the arrival of Nathan Jones (aka Thunder), a new edition to the security force with somekind of special ties to the the head of GenTech, Dr. Alfred Stone, special assignemtns stopped coming his way and started landing in the newcomers lap. In fact, Mr. Jones was regularly excused from his daily duties in order to take on some special assignment or another on behalf of Stone. This led to a great deal of resentment on Farhill's behalf toward Jones.

During a government inspection of GenTech, a freak accident caused massive leaks in various chemical containers that flooded the sublevels and threatened to spill out into the surrounding community. This odd mixture of gases had the effect fo causing a temporary but viscious mutation in a small number of people that were exposed to it (identical to the Broodling drones; see powers).

Despite great friction, Jones and Farhill worked together to shutdown the leaks, but not before Farhill himself succumbed to the mutagenic gas/es. While Jones was able to defeat him by calling upon all of his strength as Thunder, the Farhill mutate was knocked through several walls and exposed to concentrated gases that had utililzed elemets of Brood DNA in their creation.

This Brood DNA came into possession of GenTech when a Brood ship crashlanded in the Northwest Territories a number of years ago. GenTech managed to place a number of infected hosts into stasis, in which they had been held ever since. One of those hosts, Dr. Brenda Polowski, carried the embryo of a Brood-Queen.

As the Broodling made it's way out of the sub-levels of GenTech HQ he came across Nathan Jones, who, as Thunder, was a synthoid grown by GenTech and synthesized using, in part, Brood DNA. The Broodling was able to sense this fact, and a deep hatred was moved within him. He immediately attacked Nathan, whose own powers had been ill-effected by exposure to the gases. The Broodling would have surely killed Nathan if it had not stopped at the last moment ... having sensed the existence of it's Queen.

With that, the Broodling departed and began to make it's way northwest across Canada bound for Yellowknife, NWT and the nearby GenTech research facility.

Deaprtment H was able to track it's path, as it left numerous drones in it's wake, and when the Broodling at last reached Yellowknife it was opposed by Nathan Jones' twin-synthoid, Trevor Jones in his guise as Morningstar (see Morningstar #1 - #4), who was still being educated and socialized at GenTech research and developement centre near Yellowknife.

While the Broodling was successful in freeing it's Queen, he was initally rejected by her and her Brood-warriors as a degenerate mongrel. He was then used by her to go on another rampage in Yellowknife in order to cover her escape.. which was successful.

The Broodling however was defeated in this, his final battle with Morningstar, and is currently in posession of GenTech's Yellowknife Research Facility; which hopes it can reverse the mutation and change it back to Farhill (or plug into it's mind, access the "Hivemind" and locate the Brood-Queen).

September 08, 2009 03:57PM
Dr. Alfred Stone

Place of Birth: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

F - Poor
A - Typical
S - Typical
E - Good
R - Am
I - Excellent
P - Excellent

Health: 26
Resources: In

Known Powers:
None

Talents: Martial Arts A, Military, Business/Finance, Chemistry, Biology, Genetics, Engineering

Contacts: General Jeremy Clarke, Anthony Stark, Charles Xavier, Bruce Banner

History

Alfred Stone was born to an affluent family in Canada's capital, Ottawa, Ontario. As a boy, Alfred demonstrated brilliance from an early age, joining the ranks of MENSA by the age of 10, and attending a variety of noteable universities the world over throughout his teens and young adult life. He is known to have been a one time student of Prof.Charles Xavier, and too have been a classmate of Bruce Banner during his time at M.I.T.

Eventually, Stone returned to Canada and went to work for Department H, but soon resigned his position as a result of "ethical difference" with his departmental peers. He went on to found a company, GenTech, devoted to the research and developement of a wide variety of genetic technologies and their practical applications, and led to it great success over the course of several years.

As the head of GenTech, Stone eventually succeeded in creating a line of super-synthoid's that were essentually clones of one another, but could be different powers based on variosu genetic tweaks and the environments they were exposed to during their incubation period. Costs restrict the number of such synthoids that can be produced, and to date, Thunder (deceased) and Morningstar are the only two that are known to exist.

Dr.Stone was eventually drawn back into the fold of Department H, as a result of questionable ethics of his own revolving around a number of Brood-implanted scientists he had been holding in stasis in GentTech's primary Research and Developement facility. These eventually escaped, resulting in the Yellowknife Incident, and forcing Stone to call in Department H for help. General Jeremy Clarke facilitated a cover-up.

While GenTech still remains officially independent of the Canadian government (existing contracts aside), and Alfred remains both it's chief scientist and a major shareholder, General Clarke has gained all of the leverage he needs to press Stone for anything he wants.

Personality

Alfred Stone has your stereotypical genius scientist personality, save that he is incredibly functional in ALL areas. But he is inquisitive to the point of obssession, his lab is an organized mess, he's not exactly stylish, and his enthusiam sometimes leads him to talk, excitedly, above peoples heads when it comes to technical conversations. He is otherwsie a very proficient conversationalist, no matter a bit of social clumbsiness, so long as people just don't "go there".

Think a Jeff Goldblum from the Fly (as presented at the beginning of the movie) or Independance Day

While a man of good moral fibre, experience has tempred his youthful idealism, and his morality is that of the trailblazing scientist; well aware that it was what society (correctly) deemed to be "ghoulish necromancers" that were responsible for the rise of modern medicine in all of it's virtue. He is not a cold individual by any means, has a pronounced conscience that he often wrestles with, and does stop a step or two short of a "mad scientist", but this is balanced by a strongly logical tendancy and a firm belief in the "greater good". As such, some of his undertakings are borderline and questionable, if always well intended.

October 09, 2009 09:17PM
Brent Smithers

Place of Birth: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Known Relatives: Susan Smithers (mother), Oscar Smithers (father, deceased)

Height: 4'10"
Weight: 90 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

F - Feeble
A - Typical
S - Feeble
E - Poor
R - Typical
I - Excellent
P - Poor

Health: 14
Popularirty: 0
Resources: Feeble

Known Powers:
1) Image Generation (Solid): Brent possesses the Amazing(50) mutant ability to manifest his imagination in physical form. Thus far he has demonstrated the ability to bring to life a variety or real and imaginary superpowered beings, the FASE stats and powers of which are subjective to Brent's imagination, but which cap out at a max of Amazing if isolated to one such construct; though the Fighting score cannot exceed +1 CS of Brent's own. Two such constructs cap out at Incredible, 4 at Remarkable, etc. Thus far, Brent has only manifested his power unconsciously, while having feverish dreams, and while it is believed that he is also aware of the environment his creations operate in, it is suspect whether he could coordinate the actions and handle the sensory input of multiple dynamic creations at once while conscious.

Talents: Trivia: Superheroes

History

Brent is the mutant offspring of Susan and Oscar Smithers. His mother left his abusive father when he was 7 years old, moving into an apartment building in downtown Toronto where they eventually gained Nathanial Jones, aka Thunder, as a neighbour. Brent was immedaitely taken with his heroically built neighbour, and following a hostile visit from his father -- in which Nathan sent Oscar away with his tale between his legs -- Nathan and Brent's mother began to see each other, as friends. Susan saw the big, but innocently niaeve, Nathan as a poential protect and friend/father-figure for Brent.

It soon came to pass that during a movie date Nathan took Susan and Brent on that a trio of villains known as the Powermongers began to rampage through downtown Toronto. When Nathan snuck away to confront these villains, Brent followed him and saw him change into his Thunder uniform. When Nathan talked to Brent about this later that evening, Bren't promised to never tell anyone that Nathan and Thunder were the same ... jokingly adding on the condition that Thunder took him flying every once in awhile.

Brent would later boast to a school bully that he was friends with Thunder, and said he would prove it by having Thunder come to the schoolyard. As Brent told him about this however, Nathan's beeper went off, and he had to tell the disappointed youth that he wouldn't be able to make. And only to make matters worse, Susan was able to get the gist of what Brent's problem was out of Nathan, ie. that bullies were pickin on him at school. Nevertheless, when the appointed time on Saturday monring came around, Thunder found he did in fact have the time. He headed over to the schoolyard only to find Susan there shouting at the bullies to leave her son alone as Brent stood utterly embarassed behind her. Thunder quickly cowed the bullies however, and even lifted one of his feet by the collar ... only to hear the flash of a camera. The hero toke this camera out of the hands of the fat bald man that snapped it and destroyed the film, but at last making his exit.

In the days and weaks that followed Thunder found himself quite busy with little to no personal time. During the time Brent began to suffer from frequent illness and abscences from school, during which time Sue began to develope something of a relationship with Brent's school principle. It was also during this time that Thunder found himself in a number of random confrontations with a variety of well-known, but for some reason enraged and rampaging superheroes and villains. Moreover, they would evaporate upon defeat. Unbeknowest to Thunder or anyone else, Brent's mutant power was beginning to manifest and at such an early age it was making him sick.

Before long, Sue was having to rush Brent to the hospital. This prompt Nathan to get a full examination on the chance he might be making the child sick, but he was cleared by Dr.Stone.

During an extended stay of Brent's at the hospital, Nathan accompanied Sue to visit the lad, but they were met by a social worker and police officer, who said that Brent was being taken into the custody of the Ministry on the grounds of suspected abuse. Sue was left a wreck at the lose of her son over such an allegation, and Nathan felt powerless, but offered to testify toward her character and homelife in the forthcoming trial.

Nevertheless, for all of that, Susan eventually lost custody of Brent; largely thanks to the testimony of his school principle.

Little did they known that the Principle was a "feeler" for Department H, of it's widespread "Watcher" network dispersed throughtout Canada's public education system and Ministry of Child and Family Welfare in order to seek out young mutants and funnel them into their Superhero Developemnt program out of Hull House.

Brent's illness however necessitate special care, and he was brought to the labs at Department H itself. Under the "care", ie.tamperings, of certain Department H scientists, Brent's condition persist and began to grow worse. And Thunder had since gone missing, ie. was killed by Arcade.

One such episode caused Brent to manifest a dream in which he and his mother were being chased throgh downtown Toronto by his now-deceased mutated father, aka. Goon. This was witnessed by Thunder's successor, Morningstar who chased the purple skinned behemoth to Thunder's old apparent, where he battle and defeat the Goon illusion. On another occassion, Brent manifested a dream in which the X-Men broke him out of Department H and returned him home to his mother.

This resulted in the Canadian government sending Morningstar into the States to retrieve Brent from the X-Mansion. Morningstar however was defeated by the X-Men and eventually forced under the threat of being left alone with Wolverine, who could smell the Brood in the synthoid, to divulge the nature of his assualt and associations. This in turn led Professor Xavier to scan the Ontario and Toronto area for a new mutant, which caused massive psionic feedback that left him unconscious when he narrowed his search to downtown Toronto.

So, it was that Morningstar and the X-Men headed for Toronto, where they would use hand held Cerebro's to isolate the source of this powerful mutant. This led to Thuinder's old apartment building, where they were confronted by Alpha Flight and Powersurge. A battle soon broke out between the two super-teams, but was interrupt when the apartment building took on the facade of the Halls of Justice and the Justice League appeared and attacked both groups.

At length, Morningstar managed to recover the hand-held Cerebro, and together with Aurora, was led into the aprtment building to the home of Brent and Susan Smithers. Within they found they found Brent in his bed room, hovering spread eagle above his bed and engulfing in a torrent of purple-black energy that filled the room while his terrified mother sat hysterically screaming for help as she hudled in the corner. Aurora sought to use a display of light to sooth the child, and it appeared to work. Soon, the troorent of energy begant to dwindle and eventually vanished as Brent himself sunk again to his bed in a feverish slumber.

In the wake of this incident Alpha fFlight demanded an internal inquiry of Deparment H, and while this only resulted in an unsatifactory number of sharp reprimands and a couple of dismissals, Susan nevertheless had the smear on her name cleared and regained custody of her child, along with very sweet offers of government aid. She has since gone on relocate and freely enroll Brent in various Hull House programs.

At present Brent's power appears to once again be dormant.

Personality

Brent is your typical average Canadian boy, of kind disposition, and with a passion for superheroes and heroics.

October 16, 2009 05:30PM
Very cool character, Powersurge. As a child, many an afternoon was spent in fantasy after reading a comic. With the 'power' to make it real, very cool.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
October 23, 2009 11:09AM
Team Victory

Team Victory is made up of a trio of low-powered superheroes who's sporadic activities have been isolated to the Greater Victoria region on Vancounver Island. They are made up of Captain Valiant (a 30-something night stock clerk at a local grocery store), Feedback (a 30-something janitor), and Speedy (the son of Captain Valiant and an 8 year old school kid).

Team Victory gained their powers from a chance encounter with a meteor while out hiking in the foothills north of Victoria, and soon set themselves up in their spare time as the super-powered enforcers for a group of downtown Asian busness; protecting them against a powerful new Asian youth gang called the Ronins that was muscling it's way into Victoria from the mainland. It was during their course of their battles with the Ronins that Captain Valiant first appeared in the local papers, in which a composite drawing of a likeness of him appeared in the local news as the chief suspect in the murder of a number of Ronins. In fact, while Captain Valiant did pay a vist to a local club and deliver a sound thrashing to a number of Ronins therein along with giving them the message to get out of Victoria, all were alive when he left.

LIttle did anyone know that the heroes of Team Victory were not the only one's gifted with super-powers from the aforementioned meteor. Buried in a shallow grave close to the meteor's small crater was the body of a Hell's Angel enforcer, Robert Graves, who was reanimated as a "Zombielord" and given power over undeath by the meteors influence. Graves immediately set out on a campaign of vengeance against the Ronin and his fellow Hell's Angels that betrayed him to them as part of a business deal.

Team Victory would not learn of Graves' existence until, roughly a month after exposure to the meteor their powers began to wane. Knowing the could not fend off any reliation by the Ronins without their powers, the trio sought out the meteor once more, only to find it had been removed from the crater. Nevertheless, Captain Valiant was able to perceive and track it's energy signature; which led to them to an old overgrown and abandoned graveyard some distance off and into the graveyard's cetral masoleum. Therein, they spotted the meteor, but in their weakened state were prevented from obtaining by Graves', whom they dubbed the "Cryptthing", and a number of dry old zombies.

While prevented from getting the meteor, the trio nevertheless found their power levels had returned to nomral since fleeing the Cryptthing's liar. And so, Feedback took it on himself to return to the Cryptthing's lair alone. Once there he once again faced the Cryptthing, but this time it was backed up by a much larger number of zombies that eventually dragged him down. It was then that he discovered his sonic shout powers, as he brought the masoleum crashing down with a final cry of desperation. After digging himself out of the rubble, Feedback was then able to locate a sizeable chunk of the now fragmented meteor stone and return to Victoria with it.

As things progressed, Team Victory saved the local leader of the Ronin from an attack made by the Cryptthing thing, and thereafter stuck up a deal with him ... if he would pull the Ronin out of Victoria, they would save him from the Cryptthing by sending it back ot the grave.

Their final confronation with the Cryptthing came on Hallowe'en night, when word of of anarchy and roving gangs of lunatics in downtown Victoria at last brought Team Valiant to the core. They quickly learned that these roving bands of lunatics were in fact zombies created by the Cryptthing, and that the zombielord himself had taken over the Eaton's Centre shopping mall in the heart of the city.

While young Speedy got bored of fighting zombies and so decide to head home to protect his grandma and play video games, Captain Valiant and Feedback pressed on; seeking to avoid police by leaping from the roof of an adjacent bulding over onto the mall's roof ... which turned out to be a good 20 or 30 feet. When it was decided that Feedbakc would throw Valiant across before jumping acorss himself, the former underestimated the distance of the throw, resulting in Captain Valiant smashing face first into the mall's wall and then falling 3 stories to the pavement below.

Racing down to the street, Feedback found Valiant already being looked after by the parademics already on scene with local law enforcement, and then decided simply to charge through the police line and on through the mall's front door. Figthing his way thorugh a veritable horde of zombies, Feedback at last confronted the Cryptthing in the food court on the top floor. A fierce battle followed, and it soon happened that Feedback took a solid blow that left him dazed. And with that, green tendrils of energy extend forth form the Crypything, who began to feed off of the heroes lifeforce. Luckily, before this process could go very far, a battered Captain Valiant, sporting a neckbrace, interrupt things ... nailing the Cryptthing with an optic blast.

The Cryptthing fell to the combined might of Feedback and Captain Valiant soon after, and they claimed the meteor shard the undead biker was were about it's neck.

As thanks for their troubles, the duo were arrested immediately after, but were soon shielded by Deprtment H via it's liason, Agent Jacob Spencer.

Since that time Team Valiant has been relatively inactive. They each now have a shard of the meteor which they keep to periodically recharge their powers but do not otherwise wear them about. Captian Valiant "powersurge" -- a surge of energy that would temporarily increase his strenght, speed, stamina and resistence to energy -- has since solidified into a common state and he gained the ability to fly, in addition to his optical energy blast and eneergy detection powers.

Captain Valiant (Jamey Martin)

Details: altered human, 5'11", 150 lbs, muscular, mid30's, single father, former housedad turned night shift grocery stockperson, 2 parts boyscout, 1 part thug, reserved, but cocky in Valiant identity.

F - Gd(8)

A - Gd(8)

S - Ex(17)

E - Ex(19)

R - Gd(8)

I - Gd(8)

P - Ex(16)

Health: 51

Popularity: 1

Resources: Typical

Powers:

1)Enhnaced Strength and Endurnace: Rm(26) rank adds +13 to both Strength and Endurance stats.
2)Body Resistence: Poor(4) protection vs. force and energy attacks.
3)Energy Generation(optic): Can fire bolts of Rm(26) energy from his eyes; use leaves whisps of energy leaking out of his eyes for several seconds afterwards.
3)Energy Detection: The Excellent(16) ability to see, discriminate, and track energy patterns. These appear as flashing "sparks" of various coloured light... like when you see "stars".

Talents:

Martial Arts B, Trivia:preChristian Teutonic belief and culture.

Speedy (Eldred Martin)

Details: altered-human, approx. 4'6", approx. 105 lbs., fit, 8 yrs. old, lives at dad's, happy, roughouser, the archetypal little boy; costume is made up of blue jeans, a blue t-shirt with a yellow lightning bolt on the front, a bandit style blue mask covering his nose and mouth, and racing goggles.

F - Pr(4)

A - Ty(5)

S - Ty(5)

E - Ex(16)

R - Pr(3)

I - Ty(5)

P - Pr(3)

Health: 30

Pop: 2

Resources: Sh.0

Powers:

1)Lightning Speed: Can run and fly at up to Rm(26) speeds accelerating/decelerating in the space of a single turn and area.

**can area attack up to 5 people w/HTH at NO penatly or attack one with 5 rapid blows (one attack roll only; counted as 5 Ty(5) blows vs. body armour)

**can dodge using power rank rather than agility

**can perform mundane tasks 26x's faster than normal.

2)Body Resistence: Gd(8) protection vs. blunt attacks.

Talents: none.

Feedback (Gerard Gauthier)

Details: altered human, 5'11", 230 lbs, chubby, clumsy, 30's, (use to) wear glasses, fiance to a navygirl from Quebec, socially daft, but nevertheless outgoing, and "always" well intentioned, works as janitor at donut shops); custom consists of blue jeans, a black long sleeved shirt and gloves, and a black ski-mask ... (which Captain Valiant refers to as "the Gimp-look".

F - Ty(5)

A - Pr(3)

S - Rm(26)

E - Pr(3)

R - Ty(5)

I - Pr(3)

P - Pr(3)

Health: 37

Pop: 2

Powers:

1)Body Armour: provies Ex(16) protection vs. force-based attacks, and Ty(6) vs. energy-based.
2)Regeneration: Heals at Ex(16) rates; can be used to stave off exhaustion in lieu of healing.
3)Sonic Generation: Can shout for Rm(26) force damage.

Talents: none.

April 23, 2010 07:10PM
Here are two more pics, one of Captain Valiant and the other of Speedy, courtesy of the Champions Online hero generator ...

And one more of "Feedback's" original look ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2010 07:28PM by Powersurge.
March 15, 2011 03:21PM
Kid Rock

Identity: Secret
Place of Birth:Vancouver, BC, Canada
Known Relatives: Holly Morrison (mother), Louis Morrison (father), Jessica Morrison (older sister)

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair: Dirty Blonde
Eyes: Green

F - Good
A - Poor
S - Remarkable
E - Remarkable
R - Typical
I - Good
P - Typical

Health: 74
Popularirty: 0

Known Powers:
1) Body Transformation: Kid Rock can transform his body into "organic stone". This grants him the listed FASE attributes. In human form his FASE is F - Pr, A - Pr, S - Fe, E- Pr. It also grants him Remarkable protection vs. "force" based attacks, a mere Good vs. most "energy", ie. attacks on energy column, attacks, and Amazing vs. fire/cold based attacks.
2) Earth Control: Kid Rock has the Incredible ability to manipulate natural and synthetic minerals. To date he has used this to perform the following stunts,
- Bolster Armour: Kid Rock can bolseter his natural stone form by taking on additional mass via the absorption of surrounding minerals. This surrounds him in an ablative suit of Incredible stone "armour" that stacks with his granitelike toughness, ie. damage must overcome both separately. Bulking up in this manner takes one combat action, and Kid Rock must be in contact with a fair mineral resource, be it natural or manmade. So long as he remains in contact with such a source, eg. is standing on a concrete or stone or ashphalt (etc.) surface, and so long as the armour has at least one point left in it at the end of a round, it will automatically replenish itself at the beginning of the next.
- Growth: Contact with an adequette mineral resource, be it natural or manmade, enables Kid Rock to grow to enormous proportions. He can grow to 9' tall, at which height he gains a +1CS to both his Str and End, or even up to 18' tall, at which height he gains a +2CS to his Str and End.
- Stone Hammer: Kid Rock can form a thick, bulky stone hammer of Amazing material strength. It thus provides a bonus of +1CS damage at any save his 18' height.

Talents: Trivia: Superheroes

History
Robert was born a mutant in the suburbs of Vancouver British Columbia. Nevertheless, unlike others of his kind, his powers matured naturally along with him from birth, allowing him an innate mastery of them. As a result they served as little disruption, and in fact were a source of much amusement, in his young life. That all changed however when, at the age of 14, he and his family took a vacation to New York. Here the remains of a Sentinental from some old battle with the X-Men (or something) freakishly reactivated after a long period of dormancy only to quickly detect and launch an attack on the young mutant as he was enjoying a day in Manhattan with his family. Thus was "Kid Rock" revealed to the world as he soon grew to his largest size, facing off on even terms with the mutant hunter, and ultimately scoring a VERY narrowing, but consequently TWICE as rewarding victory.

Scared of what might happen to him and his family if he were to wait for the police, Kid Rock quickly shrunk down to size, and then loose the stoneskin, while getting lost in the crowds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2011 03:22PM by Powersurge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 38
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.