Jack Returns: Halloween redeux 30 - Rick Grimes

Posted by thejackolantern 
Jack Returns: Halloween redeux 30 - Rick Grimes
March 20, 2012 08:53AM
The sheriff and mostly moral center of the group of survivors from The Walking Dead, Rick has suffered greatly since awakening from the coma into a world of the dead. From finding his wife and child to seeing friends and loved ones perished, Rick has tried to maintain a strict code of ethics in an increasingly insane world.

And boy, has Rick suffered. There perhaps is no greater example of character mutiliation both physical and psychological than Rick Grimes. Rick has seen loss and the breakdown of society, and yet he maintains the presence to keep his wits most occasions, and lead the survivors from bad to worse to perhaps okay.

This is Rick prior to the Woodbury incident, although I'll reference that later. For those not familiar with the comic, all I can say is that the TV series will probably head that way....

So, Rick Grimes.

Rick Grimes
rick-grimes-photo

F: Gd (10)
A: Gd (10)
S: Typ (6)
E: Ex (20)
R: Typ (6)
I: Gd (10)
P: Ex (20)

Health: 46
Popularity: 0
Resources: Pr (4)

Talents:
Law-Enforcement*
Leadership*
Sharp Weapons
Marksman*
Knowledge: Walkers
First Aid

Powers:
Die-Hard: Rick is something of a die-hard, often being able to cope with insurmountable odds as well as the horrific world in which he lives. Rick has also suffered from near-mortal wounds, including being shot at close range prior to the apocalypse and other serious injuries over the course of his life. Rick is considered to have Gd (10) resistance to fear, due to his experience, and can affect an Endurance FEAT when forced in life-or-death situations instead of his primary attribute. In addition, any action that Rick would suffer a mortal wound grants Rick an additional Endurance FEAT (unless a '01' is rolled), reflecting Rick's stamina.

LImitations:
Post-Traumatic Stress: Rick is beginning to show signs of the world in which he lives, causing him to suffer a -1cs to all FASERIP abilities when confronted with situations of a dire nature. Rick has been careful to hide these incidents, but they are beginning to take a toll on him.

Dependent: Carl: Rick is obsessed with protecting his son, and will lay down his own life to protect or save Carl. Carl is the last real link to Rick's life prior to the outbreak

Enemy: Woodbury: Rick is considered to have enemies of any surviving members of the Woodbury community.

Notes: Rick featured here is more akin to the comic than the TV series, although both seem to be about the same in many areas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 02:49PM by The_Skycutter.
Re: Jack Returns: Halloween redeux 30 - Rick Grimes
March 20, 2012 09:55AM
Arggh. Nice write up but pls put 'Contacts' as a spoiler too, as a certain major submission does not compute, at least according to the current state of the TV show; for folks like me who aren't following the comic and prefer no clues as to future story events, it'd be appreciated. Now I must Jedi-mind wash anything I've read in the past 5 mins winking smiley

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
March 20, 2012 01:03PM
I prefer the show to the comics, but still a great write up!

~This is an imaginary story (which may never happen, but then again may) about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good...
March 23, 2012 06:40PM
Woodbury... 3rd season winking smiley

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 27
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.